Dez himself says he'll miss time if no deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Denver is in this situation with Thomas. I think that's why he gets a deal done. They have Von Miller coming up on a contract next year and he is going to get paid top money. They almost have to get something done with Thomas this year if they don't want to be in a position where they could lose one of the two next year.

Speaking of Denver and DT..

erod

Reaction score
He's human. he has feelings.

Then he's stupid. He could literally play one down against the Giants and get $27 million guaranteed if he got hurt. A mere $400K on an insurance policy would do just that.

And, with just a bit of risk, he could get well over $60 million in guaranteed money if he plays two years here like the player he's been.

Save me the sad story.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
so they should never sign another contract under your rosy view of things

no idea what you are talking about.

the only reason the millions are not guaranteed is he hasn't agreed to it. that is on him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
no idea what you are talking about.

the only reason the millions are not guaranteed is he hasn't agreed to it. that is on him.

what are you going on about???

13m is not that much risk. it is year to year with no future hit and no dead money.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
can someone straighten something out for me? If Dez doesn't get a new contract before tomorrow's over and he holds out some games, what good does that do because I thought Cowboys can't renegotiate after tomorrow (wed 7/15)?

Isn't Dez forced to play under the franchise tag after tomorrow? Can Cowboys still sign him after tomorrow?

ftghb

Reaction score
So he wants less than Demaryius Thomas? Because that's what Demaryius wants.

And yeah, I said assuming exact figures is stupid because no one knows. We do know, however, what a player that will garner a similar contract to Dez wants and expects from the negotiation.

that's bull****. You don't know what what number he's willing to accept, for all you know that number could be because the cowboys offered a really low offer, and he might want something in the middle. Nor does that mean that the broncos are going to be able to give DT the number that he wants. You don't know anymore of their side than the cowboys side.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
can someone straighten something out for me? If Dez doesn't get a new contract before tomorrow's over and he holds out some games, what good does that do because I thought Cowboys can't renegotiate after tomorrow (wed 7/15)?

Isn't Dez forced to play under the franchise tag after tomorrow? Can Cowboys still sign him after tomorrow?

After the deadline on Wednesday, the only option for Dez or the Cowboys, barring a trade, is to play for the Tag. That's it.

erod

Reaction score
If Denver signs Thomas, we'll really find out what Dallas thinks of Dez.

I don't think they trust him and his entourage of sycophants off the field. Especially with $40+ million to throw around.

Sadly, Dez is probably one of those guys that will be broke when he's 38. (Allen Iverson and Antoine Walker poured through over $100 million and are broke now. Same for Scottie Pippen.)

Rogah

Reaction score
That's why he is making the statement now. Making the threats tomorrow do him no good.

It is worth noting he didn't really threaten to hold out some games. His tweet was very vague. He said "I will not be there if no deal" but doesn't really specify where "there" is. Training camp? Regular season game 1? All regular season games?
Isn't Dez forced to play under the franchise tag after tomorrow?
Well, you can't force a guy to sign it and you can't force him to play. But let's just say that will be his only option other than missing action.
Can Cowboys still sign him after tomorrow?
After tomorrow, they can only sign him to a 1 year deal until next year.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Sadly, Dez is probably one of those guys that will be broke when he's 38. (Allen Iverson and Antoine Walker poured through over $100 million and are broke now. Same for Scottie Pippen.)

I get your larger point, but these are some bad examples.

AI has an account set up, from a friend, with $32 million of AI's earnings in the account. He gets $1 million annually from the account.

Pippen filed lawsuit, and it actually ended up at the Supreme Court, in a case about falsely reporting he had gone broke.

John Daly. Mike Tyson. Latrell Sprewell. Evander Holyfield. All better examples.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I doubt the 2 sides are even talking. If they were, we would have heard something to that effect by now. Right now, all I hear are crickets and we are 24 hours away from the deadline.

Maybe it's hush hush. Not everything goes to the media

gmoney112

Reaction score
that's bull****. You don't know what what number he's willing to accept, for all you know that number could be because the cowboys offered a really low offer, and he might want something in the middle. Nor does that mean that the broncos are going to be able to give DT the number that he wants. You don't know anymore of their side than the cowboys side.

U mad bro?

Demaryius came out and said he wanted CJ money after declining a contract with 30m guaranteed.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If Denver signs Thomas, we'll really find out what Dallas thinks of Dez.

I don't think they trust him and his entourage of sycophants off the field. Especially with $40+ million to throw around.

50 cent is now his net worth

Status
Not open for further replies.