Dez is worth about 11 million a yr

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
the tantric, petulant behavior of dez was hard enough to tolerate when he was producing. now that he no longer produces, it is unbearable. his greatest value to the team, imo, is the money he saves on the cap if released.

Cern, I like your posts and your Cowboy passion. :eek: I'm not sure "tantric" is the right descriptive term. :grin:

https://www.google.com/search?q=tan...ic&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/tantric

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/tantrum

I know what you meant ... you meant the tendency to throw a tantrum. :star::thumbup:

Good hunting !!!!

Dre11

Reaction score
Past doesn't count it's present and presently he's not helping .
I'll take the cap space thank you and laugh all the way to the bank.
He goes somewhere else and works hard and has a good season good for him

And then your passing game become even more damaged and you'll be still crying....lol

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And then your passing game become even more damaged and you'll be still crying....lol
When has our passing game become more damaged when Dez wasn’t in the lineup? I have looked for an example of when he left and our offense stunk OR when he came back and our offense started clicking again. I couldn’t find an example. Can you?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'd pay 8-9, move him to slot ala Fitz and let him use his strength, to stiff arm and get extra yards. He isn't a route runner or a speed guy anymore but he can still bully DBs...let him drag and run short routes and get him the ball and let him fight for yards. Draft your outside guy.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I'd pay 8-9, move him to slot ala Fitz and let him use his strength, to stiff arm and get extra yards. He isn't a route runner or a speed guy anymore but he can still bully DBs...let him drag and run short routes and get him the ball and let him fight for yards. Draft your outside guy.

You do know the clapping carrot is our coach right? That means no adjustments will be made.

Verdict

Reaction score
Dez' issue is that Garrett & co are clueless as to how to use him combined with his tantrums when they don't....so if he isn't throw to enough in a first half, that is ALL you see on the sidelines if dallas isn't winning...a pouty little child - of course, THAT IS PASSION (right).....w/e, Dez, as much as I love the guy being a Cowboy (and I do), would be better suited to an offense that would use him...could you imagine him in a NO-type offense? the triumvirate of Garrett/Linehan/Prescott will never get Dez back into upper echelon status, ever...also, JJ won't want to bruise his feelings by trading him to a team that he doesn't like (even if a trade were possible), so the only options, IMO, to make Dez "DEZ" again are (sadly) to send him away via cut and then hope he doesn't deliberately go to a team that plays Dallas twice/year so that he can show them who's right....

Send him to the Browns for a conditional 7th just to give Dez "The Business"

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
When has our passing game become more damaged when Dez wasn’t in the lineup? I have looked for an example of when he left and our offense stunk OR when he came back and our offense started clicking again. I couldn’t find an example. Can you?
Dak's 5 best games had Dez in the lineup in 2016

He did well for a 3 game stretch without him but not as well as with him

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If you look at his production past and present and what compensation other players are getting I believe Dez should be in the 11 million dollar range, and thats being kind of generous
I'd say he's worth about 8 mil regardless of where he plays. 8 mil base per year and heavily incentive laden with escalators to perhaps allow him to get to 10 or 11 mill in any year.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak's 5 best games had Dez in the lineup in 2016

He did well for a 3 game stretch without him but not as well as with him
The offense didn’t stop rolling when he went out, right? It didn’t start rolling when he came back? And while Daks best games were with Dez, his worst games were with him too?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The offense didn’t stop rolling when he went out, right? It didn’t start rolling when he came back? And while Daks best games were with Dez, his worst games were with him too?
His worst games were without Zeke, who the offense is built around and an injured TSmith

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
His worst games were without Zeke, who the offense is built around and an injured TSmith
Dez didn’t miss in 2017. I am looking at Dez’s impact when he misses games and then comes back. Take 2015, his presence when returning from his foot injury didn’t give a spark to our offense.

Now; look at Sean Lee missing time last year and the impact it had on the defense. Clear difference maker. Look at Zeke and Smith’s absence as you brought up. Clear difference.

Dez missing, same offensive production.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I still like Dez, I think Dallas uses him wrong

Having said that I would be open to trades for him, Patriots are really good about trading players just after their prime

That stubborn coach in NE cost his team a title by benching a key defensive player to make a point (which no one got, at least not his team)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If he was cut, how much would he get in FA? More than the 7-8M a season I'm seeing as the consensus here. I like the extension/reduction idea until they have a replacement in mind and gives us one more year to see if Dak will be our future QB.

Last edited: