Dez is worth about 11 million a yr

Dre11

Reaction score
When has our passing game become more damaged when Dez wasn’t in the lineup? I have looked for an example of when he left and our offense stunk OR when he came back and our offense started clicking again. I couldn’t find an example. Can you?

If you don't think most teams don't still use bracket coverage or show him a lot attention on the field your crazy and there's no conversation. Even when people thought Jenkins covered him 1 on 1 most of the time he didn't.

Last edited:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
All I know is we continuously write terrible contracts.

No team can be successful paying players for their production in previous years, without taking their future production into consideration.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
If he was cut, how much would he get in FA? More than the 7-8M a season I'm seeing as the consensus here. I like the extension/reduction idea until they have a replacement in mind and gives us one more year to see if Dak will be our future QB.
Alshon Jeffrey just got 4/56m and he has never been as good as Dez

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you look at his production past and present and what compensation other players are getting I believe Dez should be in the 11 million dollar range, and thats being kind of generous

LOL............Dez would be gone in my opinion. I wouldnt pay him more than 7 million per year. He would be a #2 WR at best on my squad. Personally, he isnt the type of receiver I would prefer in the offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you don't think most teams don't still use bracket coverage or show him a lot attention on the field your crazy and there's no conversation. Even when people thought Jenkins covered him 1 on 1 most of the time he didn't.
Let me ask again, can you give me an example of when Dez went out of the line up and the offense suffered OR can give me an example of when he came back into the lineup and the offense got a boost?

Take the 2015 week 1 NY Giants game when Dez hurt his foot. Did the offense start sucking when he left the game?

Let me give you an example, Tyron Smith didn’t play agianst Atlanta last year. The offense fell apart and Chaz Green got abused. Sean Lee went out last year and our defense got abused in his absence.

Has that ever happened when Dez left and then corrected when he returned?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Let me ask again, can you give me an example of when Dez went out of the line up and the offense suffered OR can give me an example of when he came back into the lineup and the offense got a boost?

Take the 2015 week 1 NY Giants game when Dez hurt his foot. Did the offense start sucking when he left the game?

Let me give you an example, Tyron Smith didn’t play agianst Atlanta last year. The offense fell apart and Chaz Green got abused. Sean Lee went out last year and our defense got abused in his absence.

Has that ever happened when Dez left and then corrected when he returned?
That is a strawman and a very narrow set of conditions

It has already been shown that Dak's 5 best games in 2016 had Dez active......he didn't miss time in 2017 so the point is moot

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That is a strawman and a very narrow set of conditions

It has already been shown that Dak's 5 best games in 2016 had Dez active......he didn't miss time in 2017 so the point is moot

Why? I'm not the one making the claim the passing game is going to fall off. We paid a man a ton of money (which I don't think he is worth). Part of the reasoning is that not only does Dez produce but he also commands all this attention from the defense and it opens everything else up. Well, he went out in 2015 and then Romo went out. Our offense was anemic. Was happy to see Dez come back but the offense didn't improve. He didn't add anything.

Then in 2016 the offense was rolling along. And Dez goes out. You would think missing a key player like Dez the offense would take a hit, right? Nope, offense kept rolling along.

So, while we can sit here and theoretically claim our passing game is going to suffer without Dez, we have actual examples of how an anemic offense didn't improve when he came back and how a good offense didn't stop being good when he had to miss time.

You're hoping into the debate comparing apples and oranges (good games over a two year period). I'm trying to compare the offense in the same year and how it performed with and without Dez. They performed about the same (well actually it performed slightly better without Dez but that would be splitting hairs).

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Why? I'm not the one making the claim the passing game is going to fall off. We paid a man a ton of money (which I don't think he is worth). Part of the reasoning is that not only does Dez produce but he also commands all this attention from the defense and it opens everything else up. Well, he went out in 2015 and then Romo went out. Our offense was anemic. Was happy to see Dez come back but the offense didn't improve. He didn't add anything.

Then in 2016 the offense was rolling along. And Dez goes out. You would think missing a key player like Dez the offense would take a hit, right? Nope, offense kept rolling along.

So, while we can sit here and theoretically claim our passing game is going to suffer without Dez, we have actual examples of how an anemic offense didn't improve when he came back and how a good offense didn't stop being good when he had to miss time.

You're hoping into the debate comparing apples and oranges (good games over a two year period). I'm trying to compare the offense in the same year and how it performed with and without Dez. They performed about the same (well actually it performed slightly better without Dez but that would be splitting hairs).
Your "kept rolling along" coincided with Elliott finally getting his sea legs after missing TC..... but he still had his best 5 games with Dez

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Your "kept rolling along" coincided with Elliott finally getting his sea legs after missing TC..... but he still had his best 5 games with Dez

I'm not disputing his best games were with Dez. His worst games were with Dez, too. It doesn't disprove what I have said. Seems to me you are arguing for the sake of arguing, or at least trying to.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
If you look at his production past and present and what compensation other players are getting I believe Dez should be in the 11 million dollar range, and thats being kind of generous
Since you looked at that past and present production, why dont you enlighten us on how you came up on this figure.

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Drive killer.

mugsybows

Reaction score
Be careful what we wish for. I Don’t think we’ll be active in free agency for a WR even if we lose him. Terrance could become our #1 real quick.

Then we watch dez go to some team like the pats and watch him ball and win a championship only to have us hoping to resign him. See Demarcus Ware.

GMO415

Reaction score
Let me take a closer look...
9om6.gif

Nope he doesn't earn it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
$11 mil.
For doing exactly what, matey?

mugsybows

Reaction score
So we cut ties with him. Realistically what do we do? Does anybody think we’ll go after one in free agency? Further does anyone think we’ll realistically go after someone better? If Stephens track record shows anything we won’t be going after a big name guy or not even a #1. So then we turn to draft... and expect a guy to be drafted to come in and be 1 right away? Terrance at 1 most likely will be the reality we will be looking to if we cut him.