Dez is worth about 11 million a yr

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Except this year. And last year. And the year before.
Jeffery would need 170 catches for 2100 yds and 38 TDs to catch Dez in the next 2 years

Last year he only had 57/789/9
Dez had 69/838/6

cern

Reaction score
if dez had performed in 2015, 16, and 17 like he did in 2012, 13, and 14, his contract would not have looked so bad. but there's no sense in pretending this is the dez of old. new dez just can't play at a high level any more. too bad. so sad. time to move on.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
After Dez' interview last night on the Fan I think he will take a pay cut down to around 10 million, which is still a lot of money, and we will draft a WR to help him. I originally wanted Sutton, but now I think I want Washington bad.

I would like a pay cut to 10 million but with incentives to bring it back up to 14 million in total.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
if dez had performed in 2015, 16, and 17 like he did in 2012, 13, and 14, his contract would not have looked so bad. but there's no sense in pretending this is the dez of old. new dez just can't play at a high level any more. too bad. so sad. time to move on.
Yeah,they need to draft a new #1. This has been an awful deal for Dallas. What makes it all so much worse,is the stupid re-signing of Williams. Double whammy....two underperforming players taking up a big amount of cap space. No team can function well like that.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
It's always amazed me how these players, and some of them totally unproven, get these huge contracts, and soon after, we as fans are like for what? Dez, is one of those, was he a top WR in his prime, yes, is he still a top say 5 or even 10 WR... answer to that is not so much. Go back to Jerry Rice, the man was a beast, got his money and STILL produced up to the day he retired. I have always felt, incentive based contracts make way more sense then just handing some dude the check book for most a "great" 1 year. Make them EARN the $$, and it would be pretty darn simple on most positions to do so. I swear IMO, Dez has taken a step back ever since signing that big payday. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. And, it seems that same way with almost ALL skill position players....I say again, make them earn it, year to year.
Sort of like a company based bonus, we all produce more, the company earnings go up, we get better bonus's. Yeah I know, it's a pipe dream but what the heck.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jeffery would need 170 catches for 2100 yds and 38 TDs to catch Dez in the next 2 years

Last year he only had 57/789/9
Dez had 69/838/6
They were that close? Dang, I thought Dez had a lot better stats!!!!

However, have you ever noticed that a player can have better stats sometimes, but actually have a worse season? I'm not an Eagles fan by any means, so I don't know how Alshon did. I do know, however, that Dez had a terrible year.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you look at his production past and present and what compensation other players are getting I believe Dez should be in the 11 million dollar range, and thats being kind of generous
mr Mobinvans---that is way way way too generous imo....i am looking at 8 mil tops

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you give him a 3 year extension worth 25m in new money that would make his deal 5yr/50m total

Guarantee 20m of the that and he is a Cowboy for life and his cap number goes from 16.5m to 8m

It is a pay cut disguised as an extension
mr Nightman--- i think we will see something like that or i hope he is gone....because Dak seemed obsessed throwing him the ball and his complettion rate was about 50%....and it was 70% to all other receivers...so Dez hurts our team way more than he helps the team....regardless if we cannot immediately replace Dez with a solid #1....i like our chances drafting a rookie who will have better coninuity with Dak in training camp...someone who can separate....Dak was the #1 QB in NFL who had to throw in tight area windows ( less than 1 yd separation )....so get faster receivers and adjust game and route plans and have Zeke for 16 games and our passing game is guaranteed to be much more successful

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
mr Nightman--- i think we will see something like that or i hope he is gone....because Dak seemed obsessed throwing him the ball and his complettion rate was about 50%....and it was 70% to all other receivers...so Dez hurts our team way more than he helps the team....regardless if we cannot immediately replace Dez with a solid #1....i like our chances drafting a rookie who will have better coninuity with Dak in training camp...someone who can separate....Dak was the #1 QB in NFL who had to throw in tight area windows ( less than 1 yd separation )....so get faster receivers and adjust game and route plans and have Zeke for 16 games and our passing game is guaranteed to be much more successful
Dak and Dez can both do better...... another camp together will help

But Dez gets the 50/50 balls because he will fight for them...... those throws kill his completion % but his wins are TDs and big plays...... wide open guys happen because Dez gets all the attention

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak and Dez can both do better...... another camp together will help

But Dez gets the 50/50 balls because he will fight for them...... those throws kill his completion % but his wins are TDs and big plays...... wide open guys happen because Dez gets all the attention

mr Nightman---before last season i would totally agree with your assessment...but Dez had the most drops of any receiver in NFL last year.....i hope it was a fluke...but obviously Dez cannot block out anxiety related issues...yet....but maybe this year he can develop better concentration.?..actually i am now going back and forth about Dez...on one hand...i would be happy if we took his money and kept Hitchens and Irving....and on the other...maybe with all the criticism backing Dez to the wall it might fire him up to be the old Dez...along with better continuity this offseason with Dak?