Dez lost his job after the Seattle game

Reaction score
No question, after watching All or Nothing this morning. Dez lost his job after that Seattle game last year. Jerry just sat in the booth and made his choice right there.
Dez was slowly losing his job from the day he signed his new contract. That game may have been the last straw, but he was probably gone anyway.

His release was a long time coming.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Dez lost his job when the front office decided that his production and antics did not merit his salary. If Dez was putting up Antonio Brown numbers he could pee on the NFL logo during a game and get a ATTA boy from Jerry.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
He had my support up until that very game.
No excuse for that.
That should have been the absolute last straw for anyone with even reasonable expectations for him. As one of the "leaders" and highest paid players on the team, he had a duty to step up.

That was a winnable game that where if he performs better, the team probably stays alive.

Instead he performed horribly against an average defense that was a shade of its former self.

Dropping passes, hearing footsteps--it all showed how mentally weak Dez Bryant was.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really slow as here we go again, another bash Dez thread. :banghead:

A little less than 3 weeks to go to get onto other more important topics...or will the Dez haters keep it going....they are obsessed with him even now.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The last nail in the coffin was when Dez said in February... "Everybody that ain 't with Dez Bryant, they can kiss my ***."

BOOM....GONE....BYE....SEE YA!

CPanther95

Reaction score
That might have been the final straw where he lost his job under his current contract, but he lost his job when he and his agent made it clear on social media that he wouldn't take a pay cut.

So Jerry didn't even offer him a chance to stay at a reduced salary, which I bet he would have.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Dez was slowly losing his job from the day he signed his new contract. That game may have been the last straw, but he was probably gone anyway.

His release was a long time coming.

No, I think that's not right.

I can promise if he had continued to play at a very high level he wouldn't have lost the job/ Jerry will pay for performance because that sells tickets, merchandise, and all things Cowboys.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Believe Jerry was the only holdout, it was Garrett, Linehan and Stephen that made the decision right there. They then had to convince Jerry!
This is probably true. Jerry Jones was the holdout with Owens as well. And Bryant had the same complaint that certain people were out to get him.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
That should have been the absolute last straw for anyone with even reasonable expectations for him. As one of the "leaders" and highest paid players on the team, he had a duty to step up.

That was a winnable game that where if he performs better, the team probably stays alive.

Instead he performed horribly against an average defense that was a shade of its former self.

Dropping passes, hearing footsteps--it all showed how mentally weak Dez Bryant was.
The whole offense sucked that game. Dont just blame Dez.

And that pick 6 had nothing to do with Dez. That was all on the wimpy armed QB