Dez lost his job after the Seattle game

Reaction score
No, I think that's not right.

I can promise if he had continued to play at a very high level he wouldn't have lost the job/ Jerry will pay for performance because that sells tickets, merchandise, and all things Cowboys.
Sure Jerry will pay for performance....when they perform.

But Dez never performed to the level of that contract after it was signed. Hence, he was slowly losing his job.

The fact that he is still unemployed tells you he isn't worth near what he was getting paid in Dallas.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
No question, after watching All or Nothing this morning. Dez lost his job after that Seattle game last year. Jerry just sat in the booth and made his choice right there.
I think you are right. I lost a lot of respect for him that day. And my wife decided during that game she didn’t like him anymore. (He was her fav player behind witten)

Big_D

Reaction score
A must win and a player quit. I thought that didn’t happen here? Maybe a raise and a promotion is in order for everyone else! Not the first or last time the coach couldn’t handle a player! Let’s cut out one problem and then pretend another one won’t pop up somewhere else!! But on the flip side the team looked very prepared in that game! Besides Dez it was really just a fantastic job otherwise!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This franchise invested heavily into Dez, probably more so than any other Cowboy player.
He was baby sat from day one, after he was drafted with the David Wells full time baby sitting role.
The Cowboys have always invested with patience on talented players like Leon Lett, but I honestly cant think
of another player that Jerry sunk more outside resources into.

stiletto

Reaction score
Dez was already whining and checked out early oi the second quarter. I was there, and my section was talking about it. He was throwing a tantrum like a school girl.

I do think this was a big reason they cut him loose.

Yep, he was having a major hemmorage/exorcism about not getting the ball. Dak threw him the ball and he PROMPTLY fumbled it over like an idiot. I am pretty sure that made no one at all happy. He deserved to be fired acting like that then promptly ruining any chance at a win in the game. It was clear he took the air out of the entire team and I wasn't even there. I remember thinking "Dez is done". Mental midget....

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
At least we pinpointed the 2017 scapegoat. Dez .. and of course injuries! We should start a scapegoat pool for 2018. What player or coach will be next to walk the plank?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The pick 6 did not hit Bryants hands :facepalm:. It was thrown miles over Zekes head in to the flats.

CZ finding new ways to slander dez
You are correct after further review. The pick six was on the lob over Elliott's head. Quite possibly the worst pass of his career.

The second INT, while slightly behind him, did hit him in the hands.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Seems as though Kryptonite couldn't bring down this God awful coaching staff smh
I don't think that game was especially different from any other high stakes game over the course of Garrett's career. Painfully conservative that keeps the game close but never enough when it counts and very oblivious how to handle the momentum shifts that come with games like that. It was more of the same.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
CZ: “Dez is no longer a cowboy: tired of the Dez threads”

3 months after his release, we still have Dez on our minds.

Same thing happened with TO although I think Dez will remain on everyone’s minds all season

Definitely will be brought up. I can already see the receivers have an awesome game and people posting "Dez who?", etc. Then the receivers have a bad game: "We need Dez", etc. :laugh::lmao2::lmao: