Dez lost his job after the Seattle game

kskboys

Reaction score
At least we pinpointed the 2017 scapegoat. Dez .. and of course injuries! We should start a scapegoat pool for 2018. What player or coach will be next to walk the plank?
Let's see, maybe the asst to the asst to the LB coach?

JustChip

Reaction score
Going into TC, absolutely, but he may not have come out of TC as the starter!!!!!

The only way he wouldn't have been the starter is if he wasn't on the team. His ego wouldn't allow him to not be a starter, not to mention you don't pay a backup what he was slated to make. And a pay cut wasn't the answer because the hurt feelings would be a major issue the team would have to deal with. The only way to make the pay cut work would be if it was simply a restructure that could be sold as a cut, but in reality it isn't.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think that game was especially different from any other high stakes game over the course of Garrett's career. Painfully conservative that keeps the game close but never enough when it counts and very oblivious how to handle the momentum shifts that come with games like that. It was more of the same.

So true.

Big games and the coaching staff just goes into a shell then gets pass happy inside the 5.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only way he wouldn't have been the starter is if he wasn't on the team. His ego wouldn't allow him to not be a starter, not to mention you don't pay a backup what he was slated to make. And a pay cut wasn't the answer because the hurt feelings would be a major issue the team would have to deal with. The only way to make the pay cut work would be if it was simply a restructure that could be sold as a cut, but in reality it isn't.
His ego allowed him to not learn to run routes and to not do the rehab coming back from injury.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He lost his job when Tony stopped throwing him perfect, catchable balls and was able to ignore his antics.
Fair or not, I think Jerry and many others blamed him for the 2014playoff “drop”. Certainly he at first caught it (perfect, clutch pass too) and could've come down, but he took steps to try to stetch for the endzone, resulting in the chance for a bobble.
I don't blame him, but he for sure could've just caught it and gone down.
He define.y went down hill after that year, but that was the QB change too.
Old news though

ESisback

Reaction score
You are correct after further review. The pick six was on the lob over Elliott's head. Quite possibly the worst pass of his career.

The second INT, while slightly behind him, did hit him in the hands.

I’d definitely put the first one squarely on Dak. Horrible throw. The second one, while slightly behind him, was mostly on Dez. He SHOULD have caught it!

kskboys

Reaction score
Fair or not, I think Jerry and many others blamed him for the 2014playoff “drop”. Certainly he at first caught it (perfect, clutch pass too) and could've come down, but he took steps to try to stetch for the endzone, resulting in the chance for a bobble.
I don't blame him, but he for sure could've just caught it and gone down.
He define.y went down hill after that year, but that was the QB change too.
Old news though
Rule #1: Protect the football. He didn't.

sideon

Reaction score
He lost his job when Tony stopped throwing him perfect, catchable balls and was able to ignore his antics.
Not all of those were perfectly thrown, Dez routinely made outstanding catches even if Romo was slightly off. What changed was having a QB who has accuracy problems even when it's a drag route, you know that simple drag route against SEA that turned into an INT because Dak threw it behind Dez. I will say it's hilarious how much Dez is talked about on this forum since he was such a cancer and people couldn't wait to be done with him:laugh:. It's almost like there's no WR worth talking about on this supposedly improved team:huh:

kskboys

Reaction score
Not all of those were perfectly thrown, Dez routinely made outstanding catches even if Romo was slightly off. What changed was having a QB who has accuracy problems even when it's a drag route, you know that simple drag route against SEA that turned into an INT because Dak threw it behind Dez. I will say it's hilarious how much Dez is talked about on this forum since he was such a cancer and people couldn't wait to be done with him:laugh:. It's almost like there's no WR worth talking about on this supposedly improved team:huh:
Is it also hilarious that no one is interested in signing him? Hmmm....

sideon

Reaction score
Is it also hilarious that no one is interested in signing him? Hmmm....
Baltimore was but he turned them down, when you decide to tell people you want a 1yr prove it deal it limits your options. How about you focus on the current team since they're so much better without him.

J12B

Reaction score
The whole offense sucked that game. Dont just blame Dez.

And that pick 6 had nothing to do with Dez. That was all on the wimpy armed QB
Dez had a costly fumble and a tipped pass that resulted in an interception.

Yeah, Dez should definitely be at the top of the blame list.

Dez being the player getting 13 million per year vs. the 2nd year player getting 600k per year