Twitter: Dez says Marion Barber is not doing well

Praxit

Reaction score
Most people are not even a moment to most people. Bitterness about not being entitled enough is not a good look. I'm sure it's not a good feel either. Despite Dez's denial and entitlement, I find it sad that Dez seems to have bitterness over his career. It's not like this is the first time.
...you probably have something there and I agree with you. Dez went out to early. His big mouth shot him in the foot with Dallas, then his ego doubled the dose which led to missed opportunities later. Ask me.. Yes, I'd be bitter too. Years you cant get back.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
..just remember CC, your greatly appreciated here on CZ. Your one of the cornerstones of this place. ..:)
Oh Praxy, wish you hadn't used that word "cornerstone", Booger used that for Jaylon Smith and set the forum ablaze.

Thank you for those kind words.

Scotman

Reaction score
Scary stuff. I hope he is able to get the help he needs...I hope that help exists.

My dad had some mental health issues. Although, they weren't called "mental health" issues back then. My dad had a judge call him "crazy." They literally printed that in the paper. He embarrassed the system when he escaped from a federal penitentiary. Looking back, he had an anxiety issue that he self-medicated with alcohol. Alcohol and a bad temper lead to a lot of homeless years for us...not an uncommon theme among those struggling with mental health. He spent his whole exhausted life running from demons that never rested.

Having spent my professional years as a teacher and eventual school superintendent, I know for a fact that we don't do nearly enough as a society to foster good mental health. We still look down on people who are struggling.

I do hope the help MB3 needs exists and that he can get it. It should serve as a reminder to all of us fans that these are real people out there. No doubt, they are tremendously rewarded...but still men. The entire world could use a good dose of empathy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MB3 was a violent runner. I hope he is able to conquer what he's battling whether it be mental or physical or both. That's another mistake in the long list of them that jerry made going all in with that guy. he was a beast and i liked him but I liked him much better as a part of a tandem than being the main guy.

Jerry paid him and used him up but man I loved watching his effort

Star....dude we might have some rows now and then...but you hit it SPOT ON. This organization since Emmitt does not know how to manage the RB's running game. So weird they have screwed up almost every step of the way.

They have promoted #2's because they have obscene numbers...seemingly not realizing why #2's have obscene numbers. People are encouraging them to do it YET again with Pollard.

This may or may not be your point. or in agreement. But...it's all there in the history books.

Work The Tandem! It's even more important since Emmitt because that was a different NFL with a beast fullback.

Our philosophy the last few years is put the #2 in when zeke raises his hand. Not only do they expose zeke, and make Pollard jump (which he does admirably!) but it's just a stupid game plan. Zeke and Pollard aren't the problem. They could be a formidable tandem IF we knew what we a were doing.

And what's weird is it spans several coaching administrations. Very odd.

amame25

Reaction score
He's right though. Fans don't care about players when their athleticism goes or their speed goes.....you see it first hand...the disrespect seen on her when Sean Lee retired.....Tyrone Crawford retired....the same disrespect Dez gets....

Barber bashed his head in for our enjoyment. Every Sunday we tuned in and rooted for him to bash his head in.....all fans care about is winning games...I'm not saying that's how it should or shouldn't be but that's what it is. Dez is just speaking facts.

Marion bashed his head in for himself and his paycheck alone. I guarantee most of the athletes don't give a crap about fans, they just love the adoration and the paycheck that comes with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Barber has struggled with mental health at least since he stopped playing, and maybe well before that. Whether it's football injury-related or he's just always been that way is something only his family knows. He was very quiet off the field here and very demonstrative on it.

He's one of my all-time favorite Cowboys.

I don't like how Dez says "we are just a stat and moments to most people." Yes, Dez, that's somewhat true. But what are we to you? Help him, Dez. He's your friend, and that's what friends do. We've all had to do the same for friends over our years. Famous athletes are no different.

Hope his circle is working on this day and night to help Marion find his way.

Im not a stat to anyone. LOL

Are we supposed to feel sorry for Dez because he doenst get pampered anymore?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He's right though. Fans don't care about players when their athleticism goes or their speed goes.....you see it first hand...the disrespect seen on her when Sean Lee retired.....Tyrone Crawford retired....the same disrespect Dez gets....

Barber bashed his head in for our enjoyment.
:angry:
The Barbers bashed their heads for money and celebrity.
Don't give us this silly pig in a poke goulash that he did it for us.
Short-sighted athletes they are. Martyrs they are not.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scary stuff. I hope he is able to get the help he needs...I hope that help exists.

My dad had some mental health issues. Although, they weren't called "mental health" issues back then. My dad had a judge call him "crazy." They literally printed that in the paper. He embarrassed the system when he escaped from a federal penitentiary. Looking back, he had an anxiety issue that he self-medicated with alcohol. Alcohol and a bad temper lead to a lot of homeless years for us...not an uncommon theme among those struggling with mental health. He spent his whole exhausted life running from demons that never rested.

Having spent my professional years as a teacher and eventual school superintendent, I know for a fact that we don't do nearly enough as a society to foster good mental health. We still look down on people who are struggling.

I do hope the help MB3 needs exists and that he can get it. It should serve as a reminder to all of us fans that these are real people out there. No doubt, they are tremendously rewarded...but still men. The entire world could use a good dose of empathy.

We have put a stigma on mental health. Like any "cancel culture" it does the OPPOSITE of the intent.

We've removed the label AND removed the help. It was never a perfect system but what is? Instead...we let even MORE people suffer.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

True but it doesn't mean we can't have SOME compassion and possibly solutions for them.

We are every bit part of the problem as they are.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

You are a strong man. My respect for you is through the roof.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Nothing like Pro Athlete Privilege eh? :star::thumbup:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Big respect to you and what you have accomplished despite your dad's problems.
As a school supt. you have helped society in spades and have the moral currency to speak out on mental health, unlike some here and athletes who suddenly have mental health issues and won't give it their all

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Barber bashed his head in for our enjoyment. Every Sunday we tuned in and rooted for him to bash his head in.....all fans care about is winning games...I'm not saying that's how it should or shouldn't be but that's what it is. Dez is just speaking facts.
I hate to break it to ya, but those players don't care about you either.

Barber did not bash his head in for our enjoyment. He did it because he was paid a lot of money to do so.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
True but it doesn't mean we can't have SOME compassion and possibly solutions for them.

We are every bit part of the problem as they are.

I have compassion. But I dole it out mostly to kids and victims if war, famine and migration.
The Barbers have a pension and, worst case, Medicaid. Get help, just don't sir around moaning.
And we are not the problem. I never told Barber to take his life's path. I would not know him if he bumped his food cart into mine. Come to think of it, I probably wouldn't know Dez, either, unless he was strutting around with his hands crossed in an X.

Scotman

Reaction score
You are a strong man. My respect for you is through the roof.

Thank you. I have been fortunate. While I wouldn't wish for some kid to grown up like I did, I wouldn't go back and change it either. I'm 55...about to celebrate my 32nd wedding anniversary...IN A ROW. Got a great kid. Retired from a very successful career. Have an amazing ebay business. I have an enourmous amount of empathy for those that can't escape.

But as far as strong? I don't know. I wouldn't describe myself like that. Just fortunate to have had public school. The teachers always seemed to care even if we weren't there for long. Fortunate that my friends in high school, the 2 1/2 years that I got to go, accepted me never having a single drink. Fortunate for a wife that never asked me to drink..not once.

I'm more a product of amazing people around me than strength. Blessed to be in this country that allows you to escape your class.

I'm just a truly fortunate guy but truly appreciate the kind words.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Thank you. I have been fortunate. While I wouldn't wish for some kid to grown up like I did, I wouldn't go back and change it either. I'm 55...about to celebrate my 32nd wedding anniversary...IN A ROW. Got a great kid. Retired from a very successful career. Have an amazing ebay business. I have an enourmous amount of empathy for those that can't escape.

But as far as strong? I don't know. I wouldn't describe myself like that. Just fortunate to have had public school. The teachers always seemed to care even if we weren't there for long. Fortunate that my friends in high school, the 2 1/2 years that I got to go, accepted me never having a single drink. Fortunate for a wife that never asked me to drink..not once.

I'm more a product of amazing people around me than strength. Blessed to be in this country that allows you to escape your class.

I'm just a truly fortunate guy but truly appreciate the kind words.
Yeah, you're Hercules. In every way.
I would like to face to face meet you one day and shake your hand.
A hug, or two might get involved, but I have to draw the line somewhere!