Twitter: Dez says Marion Barber is not doing well

shabazz

Reaction score
I do think we need to be more stringent about what we define as mental illness. Otherwise it won't be taken seriously.

It's become the go-to excuse for everything.

Oh no doubt. These massive "mental health" numbers we are seeing include the hyper over diagnosing of PTSD. Doctors have cut down on dispensing pain meds like they were candy and have now staring handing out "PTSD" diagnosis to anyone that feigns trauma from anything that they "identify" as being threatning...........easy way to collect social security disability.

Before tears flow, panties get wadded and flakes of snow melt, ....yes, PTSD does exist and is real.........for a certain percentage.

tcain2004

Reaction score
He's right though. Fans don't care about players when their athleticism goes or their speed goes.....you see it first hand...the disrespect seen on her when Sean Lee retired.....Tyrone Crawford retired....the same disrespect Dez gets....

Barber bashed his head in for our enjoyment. Every Sunday we tuned in and rooted for him to bash his head in.....all fans care about is winning games...I'm not saying that's how it should or shouldn't be but that's what it is. Dez is just speaking facts.

he bashed his head in for massive paychecks not for fans. Also he's still from the era where you can't actually hit. He might just be the unfortunate group of people from all walks of life who have mental health issues. Dude has 10x the resources any average person has.

tcain2004

Reaction score
I loved watching Barber play. I hope he gets some help and manages his problems.

It doesn’t really matter if he got these issues from playing or not, but there is a good chance he was going to have them anyway. There are people with mental illness all in society that never played football.

I just hate it for Marion no matter what. I hate that he’s having to go through it. And Dez is right… most fans won’t care a bit now that he’s no longer a Cowboy. That’s just human nature, unfortunately.

most fans won't care sure but anyone who cares enough to be here probably wants the best for the barbarion. I'm not going to donate money to him cause he is or should be loaded and so is dez but I want the guy to succeed.

tcain2004

Reaction score
People with serious mental health issues often self-medicate with substance abuse. If that were the case (and to my knowledge there's no indication there is) it shouldn't deter you from supporting them or giving your sympathy. Randy Gregory is a perfect example (though I don't consider marijuana an illicit substance; it's better for people than 95% of the crap doctors prescribe these days).

randy wasn't smoking pot. he was doing something else because I've been told pot isn't addictive no matter what by the pro pot folks. I have nothing against it but if it's not addictive then why do people give up millions just to smoke it? Im still convinced he's on pills or something else but weed gets him sympathy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why in the hell do some have to try to make this some political issue about mental health when it's about a former player with some mental issues.

Have you watched Tony Dorsett try to form cohesive sentences? What's his future like? Is he the next Mike Webster, Dave Duerson or Junior Seau?

Take a good look at some of the posts in this thread and tell yourself the views on mental health have really changed.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
randy wasn't smoking pot. he was doing something else because I've been told pot isn't addictive no matter what by the pro pot folks. I have nothing against it but if it's not addictive then why do people give up millions just to smoke it? Im still convinced he's on pills or something else but weed gets him sympathy.
Pot isn't addictive, per se, but the effect achieved for guys like Gregory and Ricky Williams makes them feel it "fixed' them.

tcain2004

Reaction score
We do even worse. We call almost every behavior a mental health issue now, so the real mental issues just get watered down and ignored.

It's kind of like giving Covid relief checks to people who never lost their job. The entire purpose got lost in the process.

When serious issues like mental health get politicized, the science and efforts to correct are skewed for agenda rather than treatment.

don't forget those checks were paid for by people who didn't qualify for the welfare and were still working during "the deadliest pandemic ever" this country is all about buying votes now.

tcain2004

Reaction score
Why in the hell do some have to try to make this some political issue about mental health when it's about a former player with some mental issues.

Have you watched Tony Dorsett try to form cohesive sentences? What's his future like? Is he the next Mike Webster, Dave Duerson or Junior Seau?

Take a good look at some of the posts in this thread and tell yourself the views on mental health have really changed.

Dorsett was born way before seau. Dorsett is pushing 70 so he's more likely to have dementia He played in a much more violent game. Seau killed himself because he had personal issues not because of some made up disease. His career was over and his restaurant was bankrupt. CTE is made up

tcain2004

Reaction score
Its not just "star" talent lol. There are 53 players on a roster and about 8 of them are stars......the guy on the bench you never even heard of or know is putting his body on the line for you......

no they aren't. they're putting it on the line for the money

tcain2004

Reaction score
I never argued that fans don't care....I know they don't lol. Its evident......soon as players tried to fight against injustice fans claimed "I just want football". Players fighting for the injustices done towards the less fortunate......risking their paychecks for those people. So yeah I know some fans don't care. Never implied all didn't. We know that most fans only love a guy as long as he can jump high and run fast for them for their pleasure.

no player risked anything for random people. They caused a scene because there was money to be made.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dorsett was born way before seau. Dorsett is pushing 70 so he's more likely to have dementia He played in a much more violent game. Seau killed himself because he had personal issues not because of some made up disease. His career was over and his restaurant was bankrupt. CTE is made up
So the diagnosis is made up? So, him shooting himslef in the chest so they could do a post mortem on his brain, that all made up too?

Are you a medical professional involved in the research on CTE?

tcain2004

Reaction score
So the diagnosis is made up? So, him shooting himslef in the chest so they could do a post mortem on his brain, that all made up too?

Are you a medical professional involved in the research on CTE?

its fake. why do you think anytime an athlete does something absurd its blamed on cte. Half the country want to just allow crime. its not a coincidence.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
its fake. why do you think anytime an athlete does something absurd its blamed on cte. Half the country want to just allow crime. its not a coincidence.
So you're not a medical professional involved in the research on CTE.
Right on.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Everyone wants to believe the world is just so cold and mean to those with mental health issues. There is a lot of garbage to that. I've struggled with depression all my life, and I've also worked in mental health facilities, including a state hospital in Texas. You know why the majority of issues go diagnosed and untreated? Not because friends or family don't notice or don't care; because those afflicted basically have two choices: say nothing or get locked up in a place that will make you feel ten times worse, unless you happen to have enough money to go to a country club-type facility. And I can tell you in fact, that even the nicest ones around here can be terrifying (not to mention ultra-restrictive) at times. That's not to say that mental health facilities don't work, because they do for many.