Twitter: Dez show his support for Zeke

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cheap when it comes to RB pay.
You can't just give everyone what they want, when they want it. The more Zeke gets paid, and the sooner he gets it, the less there is to pay the rest of the team. What gives rookies the right to hold their team hostage 2 years before they're due to renegotiate their contracts? If you were a contractor, and you refused to finish the roof of a building unless they gave you more money, you'd get sued, and probably lose your license. You sure as Hell would have a hard time finding someone else to hire you.

Legend

Reaction score
RB pay is low. So paying Zeke top RB $ is not much compared to QB pay.

Plus, Zeke is a workhorse with over 300 rushes last year while leading the team in receptions with 77.

Pay Zeke $15M a year and offer Dak $25M-$28M a year instead of $30M-$34M a year.

Cmac

Reaction score
Dez is upset he did not receive full amount of his contract; since Cowboys released him.

I think he is telling Zeke to stand firm and get your $ because there are no guarantees you will receive the full amount; since Cowboys could release Zeke later on; especially if his performance drops off.
Jerry didn't honor contract then.....and Zeke shouldn't honor underpaid contract now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez is upset he did not receive full amount of his contract; since Cowboys released him.

I think he is telling Zeke to stand firm and get your $ because there are no guarantees you will receive the full amount; since Cowboys could release Zeke later on; especially if his performance drops off.

If Zeke stands firm he loses money lol.

Zekes situation is terrible for trying to negotiate a deal that favors him.

Either sign what the Cowboys are offering or wait your turn in Free Agency. That is Zeke’s real option.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Same commitment back? Huh? He’s got two years left on his contract and had a boss who tried to get the commissioner fired and made many of his peers angry because of this. Please Dez give me a break

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Same commitment back? Huh? He’s got two years left on his contract and had a boss who tried to get the commissioner fired and made many of his peers angry because of this. Please Dez give me a break

Its a 5th year option. It protects the owners when they have a valuable player.

Zeke is doing what Emmitt did after his third year.

Beats_By_Zeke

Reaction score
Dez Bryant, life coach.

hqdefault.jpg
Didn’t he buy a monkey? Was that before or after the contract?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
You can't just give everyone what they want, when they want it. The more Zeke gets paid, and the sooner he gets it, the less there is to pay the rest of the team. What gives rookies the right to hold their team hostage 2 years before they're due to renegotiate their contracts? If you were a contractor, and you refused to finish the roof of a building unless they gave you more money, you'd get sued, and probably lose your license. You sure as Hell would have a hard time finding someone else to hire you.
The lesson to learn here, which seems to be an issue for this staff is getting "the right kind of guy."

aria

Reaction score
RB pay is low. So paying Zeke top RB $ is not much compared to QB pay.

Plus, Zeke is a workhorse with over 300 rushes last year while leading the team in receptions with 77.

Pay Zeke $15M a year and offer Dak $25M-$28M a year instead of $30M-$34M a year.
RB pay is low? According to who? Running backs?

I could make an argument that FG kickers pay is low and not only are they one of the most important positions on the field but the most under appreciated and under paid. How many FG kickers do you see sitting out? Poor guys, no respect.

Legend

Reaction score
RB pay is low? According to who? Running backs?

I could make an argument that FG kickers pay is low and not only are they one of the most important positions on the field but the most under appreciated and under paid. How many FG kickers do you see sitting out? Poor guys, no respect.
Zeke is the most impactful player on the team and since he is a RB... he will get paid less than DLaw, Cooper, and Dak.

Zeke running the ball well helps the offense and defense (keeps them off the field)

Look at what a strong running game did to the Cowboys against the Rams.

The Rams gave the Cowboys a taste of their own medicine.

aria

Reaction score
Lol, this is awesome. Dez giving Zeke advice...tweedledee and tweedledum. What’s sad is that Zeke is dumb enough to listen to Dez so Dez is only reinforcing Zeke’s dumb decision.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke is the most impactful player on the team and since he is a RB... he will get paid less than DLaw, Cooper, and Dak.

Zeke running the ball well helps the offense and defense (keeps them off the field)

Look at what a strong running game did to the Cowboys against the Rams.
Yeah, and look what our allegedly strong running game did to us. Zeke is only as good as the O line, which is true with all RB’s. If Zeke was so great by himself, what happened to him vs the Rams, the Texans, the Titans, Washington, etc?
I’ll go ahead and say Maher is the most impactful player on the team :omg: Maher had 119 points last year, how many did Zeke have?

Maher’s success more or less depends on Maher, no one else. If Maher doesn’t deliver it can effect the entire game, even if it’s a missed FG in the first quarter. Not only do we lose out on potential points but we give the opponent good field position. A lot of games are decided by made or more missed FG’s...that’s impactful.

aria

Reaction score
The lesson to learn here, which seems to be an issue for this staff is getting "the right kind of guy."
As I’ve said in other threads, Jerry did bring a lot of this on himself. There were tons of red flags for both Dez and Zeke but Jerry thinks he can change them. Looks like Ms Feed me is biting the hand the feeds her and Jerry isn’t used it. Unfortunately I doubt he’ll learn his lesson, he’ll be looking for another bargain with character issues in next years draft.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Didn’t Dez get his big payday? What the heck is he talking about? Sometimes I wish we would’ve kept DeMarco and not Dez.
Demarco did not want to stay in Dallas based on the way he carried himself. He was 100% business. I was a big fan of Demarco prior to his last year, but if I could see him slowing down throughout the year I knew we ran the wheels off for good. I was surprised he had some in the tank with the Titans, but he was definitely two steps slower in regards to his quickness.

Zeke and Dez were perfectly capable after they got paid, Demarco was a broken down car before he went to the Eagles.

iamliko22

Reaction score

And really he's right. It's his once in a lifetime deal he legit worked his whole life for ..