Dez Sucks

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He was facing journeyman corners. All metal for him. When he checks out early, you get horrible routes and drops.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Just when I start get behind Dez he has a game like tonight, Dak was bad tonight as well. I just don't understand why on a night like this we don't just ride Zeke...he'll Ben had a bad game, they rode Bell for 35 carries and over 200 yards...you go with the hot hand.

Dez has that problem whenever he's up against an elite CB. It's nothing new. The Giants defense came prepared to play far better than our offense did as a whole. The OL allowed constant pressure by their DL in a way that seasoned vet QBs might have folded under. Dak had a rough learning experience last night that should hopefully help his focus going forward. We'll get another shot at NY in the playoffs if my guess is correct. Here's hoping our overall focus and execution on offense combines with better preparation in the near future.

Last edited:

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Responsible for 3 turnovers and can't get open. Can't can't catch a cold.

WR biggest off-season need (defense played great).
Exactly, the talk should be of benching him and playing Butler, instead its of benching Dak and playing Romo.....

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Dez had an awful game, but he wasn't the one making the throws. I knew this would happen as soon as Dak had an awful game. Prescott lost the game for us tonight. Awful decisions, held the ball way too long and made some god awful throws.
Play calling had something to do with Dak's performance, Did Linehan ever call a pass on first down?

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
I freaking hate this board after a loss.

We have terrible fans. All the crap we get from around the league is deserved. Terrible, stupid, ignorant fans.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Wow, Dak throws an awful deep pass into double coverage that was not even near Dez and Dez slips on an in cut on a wet field and Dak lets it rip when the corner is inside.

Yeah OK, if you want to deflect blame go for it!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Play calling had something to do with Dak's performance, Did Linehan ever call a pass on first down?

Dak had zero pocket precense last night, absolutely zero. That has actually been his best trait and put him in a lot of good positions but he went the wrong direction most every time in the pocket last night

TheHerd

Reaction score
This isn't a judgement on Cole or Lucky, but I think it's time to use Dez on punt returns. It'll get him involved which seems critical for his focus and intensity.

Don't tell me he might get hurt. I noticed the Giants aren't afraid to let OBJ do it. Playmakers need to get the ball in their hands.

agk136

Reaction score
On two of the turnovers (fumble and long ball) Dez gave up on the play after the change of possesions happened. On the long ball the defender ran another 40 yards and Dez did not even make an effort to tackle him. This is why Dez is not worth the money he is getting paid. We can put that money into other areas for people that don't give up on a play because it did not go his way.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Dak played a deplorable game tonight, but Dez is not a reliable #1 receiver. We need a true #1 receiver, someone who is an all-out route Runner and goes all out 100% of the time.

You nailed it here....... If you look at the best recievers in the game, they have non stop motors. ODB, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones.... they NEVER slow down. They run every route like its the last play in the superbowl. Dez runs routes like he's playing flag football. He hasn't been the same since he's been paid.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
All-Pro with Romo throwing and he suddenly sucks when he has trash and then a rook behind center.

I think some people need to take their common sense pill.

CowboyShuy

Reaction score
On two of the turnovers (fumble and long ball) Dez gave up on the play after the change of possesions happened. On the long ball the defender ran another 40 yards and Dez did not even make an effort to tackle him. This is why Dez is not worth the money he is getting paid. We can put that money into other areas for people that don't give up on a play because it did not go his way.

Lol... you cant be serious. Dez ran all the way to almost make the tackle. Watch the tape before talking trash...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sucks is strong. Overrated fits the bill. Mentally weak is the best definition.

WR has to be a top priority in the offseason if you want to give this QB a chance to develop. Dez Bryant can not and should not be counted on.

khiladi

Reaction score
On cue because he's right.

Dez is responsible for three turnovers.

No, Dak was responsible for one of the TOs clearly, throwing into double coverage and Dez couldn't do anything about it that desperation heave. the other was a slip by Dez, which you couldn't really blame him.. the fumble yeah that was on him..

Hell even OBJ dropped two passes right in his hands and bobbled a punt, but Manning still found him on that sick slant on man coverage..

khiladi

Reaction score
Dez stright up fell down on the first pic. He stopped running his pattern on the second.

Maybe because he wasn't expecting it on the progression and Dak just heaved it into double-coverage in desparation..

Even Chris Collinsworth mentioned that Dez didn't even look like he was expecting the pass and was surprised..

Now Dez is supppse to play DB like Deion..

Jenky

Reaction score
You nailed it here....... If you look at the best recievers in the game, they have non stop motors. ODB, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones.... they NEVER slow down. They run every route like its the last play in the superbowl. Dez runs routes like he's playing flag football. He hasn't been the same since he's been paid.

Guessed you missed Antonio Brown stopping on a route and giving Gilmore an easy pick off of Big Ben last night.

It happens.