Dez Sucks

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Garrett has weeded out the idiots that were prevalent when Wade was the HC.

Dez is the primary remaining idiot. I don't count Gregory and I'm not sure what is going on with Lucky but those 2 don't get paid much.

The Cowboys should be getting so much more from a 14M per year player.
There is no Universe that makes DAL a better team without Dez

Dorsett33

Reaction score
He slipped, dude. You're really going to sit here and criticize him or something he couldn't control? That's ridiculous.

Dak had an awful game. He got one first down on third downs tonight and through a flat ball. Two turnovers the proved to be costly. That deep throat to Daz shouldn't even have been made, The guy was literally double teamed.

Scott has been a dumpster fire the past two weeks. They need to open up the playbook with DAK and let him sling it more. DEZ is never going to be a good routerunner, he's a jump ball receiver and we literally didn't even throw one up for grabs last night.
Well, if you read my post, I said Dak had a bad game. Everyone has a bad game. It's part of sports.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score

while I may agree with you, Dallas is a so much better team when it doesn't cater to Dez so much. What I mean by that is if Dez whines about not getting the ball enough, let him whine. Dak needs to hold the mentality that if Dez is not open open like any other WR would have to be, he is getting ball thrown to him period. If he wants the ball so much, then I guess he better learn how to seperate more from his defender.

Dak trying to force feed Dez to keep him happy is just hurting this team. Dak needs to go with what got us this far and that is spreading the ball around by throwing to whoever is open.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
while I may agree with you, Dallas is a so much better team when it doesn't cater to Dez so much. What I mean by that is if Dez whines about not getting the ball enough, let him whine. Dak needs to hold the mentality that if Dez is not open open like any other WR would have to be, he is getting ball thrown to him period. If he wants the ball so much, then I guess he better learn how to seperate more from his defender.

Dak trying to force feed Dez to keep him happy is just hurting this team. Dak needs to go with what got us this far and that is spreading the ball around by throwing to whoever is open.
I can agree with that.....don't force it to him because he is whining......but they still need to find ways to get him involved because he is a weapon, not because of feelings

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I can agree with that.....don't force it to him because he is whining......but they still need to find ways to get him involved because he is a weapon, not because of feelings
this is where linehan is going to have to be a little more creative rather than just running a basic offense. Move guys around, especially Dez

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bench him and see if he can regain focus. He is a QB killer with all of his bad route running and lack of focus. I agree they don't have a lot of options behind him. Beasley and TWill are fine but Butler is sketchy.

Next season they could easily be better off spending the 14M on a better player. It would suck to eat of the the bonus money but throwing good money after bad is how people lose in the stock market and how teams lose in the salary cap game.

They don't have to have a superstar WR to replace him, they just need a decent and consistent type WR. A Pierre Garcon type would do. They could get a Garcon type for 1/3 of the Dez salary and put the savings towards signing a free agent DE.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score

When has he done this? I must have missed hearing Dez whine about not getting the ball?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
I don't get what's happened to Dez the last two seasons. I really don't. I like the guy and think he's a great teammate, but his play has been unacceptable in relation to his talent for some time now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
There's no player on the team I'm waiting for to fail so I can can deride him.

I don't think the usual Dez bashers can make that same claim.
great. only i wasn't talking to any 1 person, just a fanbase mindset. our own fans have someone year in and year out they want off the team for XYZ reason. i don't get it and i learned long ago when they finally get their wish and said player is gone, they ain't happy, they just find another player to want gone.

strange mindset of fans at times.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Bench him and see if he can regain focus. He is a QB killer with all of his bad route running and lack of focus. I agree they don't have a lot of options behind him. Beasley and TWill are fine but Butler is sketchy.

Next season they could easily be better off spending the 14M on a better player. It would suck to eat of the the bonus money but throwing good money after bad is how people lose in the stock market and how teams lose in the salary cap game.

They don't have to have a superstar WR to replace him, they just need a decent and consistent type WR. A Pierre Garcon type would do. They could get a Garcon type for 1/3 of the Dez salary and put the savings towards signing a free agent DE.
You know who else had a terrible game last night......OBJ before the slant......he dropped a TD, a couple big first downs and was generally terrible......I hope NY cuts him

Kaiser

Reaction score
I don't get what's happened to Dez the last two seasons. I really don't. I like the guy and think he's a great teammate, but his play has been unacceptable in relation to his talent for some time now.

A guy like Dez needs to develop timing with his QB. He had that in 2014 and averaged something like 9 targets per game. In 2015 he didn't have any rapport with his QBs. He started 2016 without it and was injured but has been developing it with Dak as they have played together.

Give Dez and Dak an offseason of working together and it will look like 2014 again.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett has weeded out the idiots that were prevalent when Wade was the HC.

Dez is the primary remaining idiot. I don't count Gregory and I'm not sure what is going on with Lucky but those 2 don't get paid much.

The Cowboys should be getting so much more from a 14M per year player.

He's a part of a 11-2 team. I haven't heard you mention Dez in weeks but he has a bad game and you show up? This is almost as sick as Risen and his Dak hate.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Is there any doubt Dez will bounce back and play well vs Tampa? Why do we play this game after any down performance?