News: Dez To Work With “Route Guru”

Bullet22

Reaction score
Romo was quoted saying that Dez.. can't remember the route's, had to tell him were to go when he called the play..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Too bad for that argument when ever WRs production dropped last year with Dak at QB.. Beasley probably dropped off the most..

I guess none of them can run routes properly..
True. You make a solid point and one that I won’t dispute. I am not in the excuse making business. I just want the team to improve.

That said, those others receivers haven’t had a 7 year history of being considered a poor route runner. They also haven’t come out and publicly admitted twice that he has been mentally impacted over the last few years.

Now I know you want to lay the blame on Dak and I don’t care. You can blame me for all I care. Dez needs to get his head out of his butt and start performing. As long as he does that I don’t care what happens.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Anyone got any of them there route guru applications? I'm sure I can improve someone's route running. What an awesome pt job opportunity!

khiladi

Reaction score
True. You make a solid point and one that I won’t dispute. I am not in the excuse making business. I just want the team to improve.

That said, those others receivers haven’t had a 7 year history of being considered a poor route runner. They also haven’t come out and publicly admitted twice that he has been mentally impacted over the last few years.

Now I know you want to lay the blame on Dak and I don’t care. You can blame me for all I care. Dez needs to get his head out of his butt and start performing. As long as he does that I don’t care what happens.

That 7 year history is a myth.. Dez and Romo were on a ridiculous pace together, even with the incompetence Garrett as the OC and his brother as passing game coordinator with their garbage play-calling and simple offenses..

The “route tree has been simple” for HOF WR and one of the best to ever do it in TO.. they even leveraged a draft to get Roy Williams to ‘take pressure’ away from TO and ‘open up the offense’..

always excuses for Garrett and it’s everybody’s else’s fault..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That 7 year history is a myth.. Dez and Romo were on a ridiculous pace together, even with the incompetence Garrett as the OC and his brother as passing game coordinator with their garbage play-calling and simple offenses..

The “route tree has been simple” for HOF WR and one of the best to ever do it in TO.. they even leveraged a draft to get Roy Williams to ‘take pressure’ away from TO and ‘open up the offense’..

always excuses for Garrett and it’s everybody’s else’s fault..
Well, we can agree to disagree .

khiladi

Reaction score
And in Romo’s last full season and in his first season with Linehan, BOTH Dez and TWill were top 3 WRs in go routes. Dak sucks at throwing outside the hashes, which is why it was his worst routes even during his first season. And why he threw like 6 picks returned for TDs last year basically all outside the hashes.

And our offense goes outside the hashes first and primarily attacks deep, besides being timing based.

So Dak better step up his game in reality..

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hopefully Dez will wrap the ball up on 4th down. Tony should have reminded him.

GMO415

Reaction score
That's great.....real great!
2lbdkp2.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
The new wr coach is in Dez' ear. No more loafing on his route tree. Derek Dooley enabled Dez.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The new wr coach is in Dez' ear. No more loafing on his route tree. Derek Dooley enabled Dez.
Sanjay Lal has not had the opportunity to get in his ear.

That is why coaches hate the current CBA. They can't get with players right away. The first chance comes at the OTAs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Sanjay Lal has not had the opportunity to get in his ear.

That is why coaches hate the current CBA. They can't get with players right away. The first chance comes at the OTAs.
WOW.. WASNT AWARE. So maybe hes being proactive...its a bout time Dez!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
WOW.. WASNT AWARE. So maybe hes being proactive...its a bout time Dez!
I actually give Bryant some credit.

He has taken some abuse from the likes of Stephen Jones and he does appear to be "trying".

In his case "trying" involves work.

With the front office, "trying" is not exactly the same kind of thing.

I actually empathize more with Bryant now than a month ago or even a few weeks ago.

The Natural

Reaction score
"In my opinion, I definitely think that Dez can run the whole complete route tree. He just hasn't been asked to do so," Robinson said to The Ben and Skin Show, via NFL.com. "And I believe they also need to move him around a bit, too: outside, put him in the slot some because he's a mismatch to a lot of defenders."

Yahtzee.

Robinson went on to explain he believes Bryant hasn't lost any explosiveness or has any true issues in his breaks, but he'd like the Cowboys to use him for more than just high-pointing catches. Anyone who watches the team's offense can attest to this fact, as Bryant is rarely asked to catch slants or any other pass that isn't simply "run straight and jump high".

Maybe we can train this guy to be the HC next, he seems to know more than Garrett.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And in Romo’s last full season and in his first season with Linehan, BOTH Dez and TWill were top 3 WRs in go routes. Dak sucks at throwing outside the hashes, which is why it was his worst routes even during his first season. And why he threw like 6 picks returned for TDs last year basically all outside the hashes.

And our offense goes outside the hashes first and primarily attacks deep, besides being timing based.

So Dak better step up his game in reality..
You just made a half dozen excuses for Dez. Maybe if he caught more passes that were right in his hands a couple of those pick 6's wouldn't have happened.