Dianna Russini: Dak contract talks with Cowboys "going really well"

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
this gets done before the season starts.

Somewhere between 53 and 55 mill a year.

Contract length isn't going to be an issue this time around -- Dak wanted a four year to hit the market at 31 for a 3rd contract. A five year deal is really more of a three-year deal when it boils down to it.
No less than 60 a year.
I would be shocked if it's less.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Well…at least those two guys saw multiple conference championship games.

Rayne hasn’t sniffed one, and will not during his tenure with the Cowboys.
ah, so championship games is now the standard. I personally dont care. Like Ricky Bobby said, if you aint first, your last.

Next, Dak could reach 3 straight NFC titles games, lose all three, and then watch how many say,,,, but he aint won a title.

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Let's see if you ignored me after all...

The problem is you can't handle the truth.
Good to see you back on the “let’s sign Dak to an undeserved record breaking deal that will cripple the franchise for years to come“ train after pretending you were done with him for being a greedy bag chaser for a few weeks.

Your Dak over Dallas genes are just too strong, there’s no point fighting it.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Good to see you back on the “let’s sign Dak to an undeserved record breaking deal that will cripple the franchise for years to come“ train after pretending you were done with him for being a greedy bag chaser for a few weeks.

Your Dak over Dallas genes are just too strong, there’s no point fighting it.
I never said I agreed on paying Dak $55+ mil/year, but I do still like his performance on the field. Both don't have to be mutually exclusive. Capiche?

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
ah, so championship games is now the standard. I personally dont care. Like Ricky Bobby said, if you aint first, your last.

Next, Dak could reach 3 straight NFC titles games, lose all three, and then watch how many say,,,, but he aint won a title.
No doubt you are correct. I just would like to see a deeper run.

Everyone’s got their standards and given recent, and not so recent history, I’ve lowered mine to celebrating a NFCCG loss.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Just like I've said before, there is no way CeeDee or Micah would want to remain in Dallas and waste their prime years if they knew Dak would no longer be around. All 3 are tied at the hip for the foreseeable future.

All three play for money. If they’re as tight as you’re suggesting they would respect each others’ decisions on where to sign and for how much. Don’t try to romanticize it to equate it to fans’ perspective. No matter who is the Cowboys’ quarterback, CeeDee still gets his money. All three are contract workers. They are not “tied at the hip”.

Professional football players certainly see the Dallas Cowboys the same way they see the other 31 teams. They are a means to an end. The team is not the end, money is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All three play for money. If they’re as tight as you’re suggesting they would respect each others’ decisions on where to sign and for how much. Don’t try to romanticize it to equate it to fans’ perspective. No matter who is the Cowboys’ quarterback, CeeDee still gets his money. All three are contract workers. They are not “tied at the hip”.

Professional football players certainly see the Dallas Cowboys the same way they see the other 31 teams. They are a means to an end. The team is not the end, money is.
Believe what you want. I'm pretty sure those 3 by far prefer to play together than without. They could easily get paid more to go play for another team, but they prefer to remain Dallas Cowboys and to play with each other.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I’m against giving him a big contract until he proves he can win something. The issue is that quality of qb play in the nfl… outside the top 5-8 guys…. Is there really any consistency.

You let dak go what’s the plan? We draft rookie who may or may not pan out and who’s going to take years to develop. Your window to win with ceedee and Micah is the next 3-5 years.

If dak has another horrible playoffs or has a bad December I’m all for letting him go… I just hope this organization has a plan

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who was the member that said Ceedee didn't like Dak. I think his name is erod. Why do yall make stuff up?

That's NOT what your Mama saying CD????
The team of overrated and overpaid stick together through thick and thin I guess.
The only suckers are us .....................enjoy!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Wait, did I miss one of the 3 disparage one of the 3? When?