Did anybody else notice what Romo said on the sideline during the Lions game?

KingTuna

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1284955 said:
Ok...I could be totally wrong about this, but after watching the game again I'm pretty sure that after Romo turned the ball over for the 3rd time he was shown on the bench disoriented shouting "Am I out" to one of the coaches....now this was before he put up some yards in the 2nd half I believe.

So my obvious question is did he assume he was going to be benched after that? And why does Parcells protect him so much despite the STUPID mistakes....what is keeping him from going back to Bledsoe or is there more than meets the eye?

Honestly.....Right now the best thing Romo can do is sit himself down given his struggles and turn the ball back to Bledsoe. Because it's apparent no matter how bad he plays he won't get pulled....and considering we will likely be down by more than 3 scores to the Seahawks it's sad that Bledsoe won't get a chance to jumpstart the offense and will us to victory. :(

Be careful posting threads like this. I posted one voicing "my opinion" that Bledsoe should start in the game Saturday and since it is an opinion that goes against the majority, certain people wanted my thread to be closed and not allow responses.

Thankfully one of the Mods opened it back up.

This is a forum to post opinions on the Cowboys and it’s players. No matter how un-popular an opinion may be, it is does not hold any less value than anyone else's opinion that may differ.

That's the whole point here. Everyone can post their opinion and then let the debate begin.

I hope the zone will always remain consistent in this concept and not be governed by ANY prevailing mindset other than equality among posters and their opinions.

So, having said ALL of that….I am on the record saying that I to, want Bledsoe back for the playoffs.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
KingTuna;1286438 said:
Be careful posting threads like this. I posted one voicing "my opinion" that Bledsoe should start in the game Saturday and since it is an opinion that goes against the majority, certain people wanted my thread to be closed and not allow responses.

This is a forum to post opinions on the Cowboys and it’s players. No matter how un-popular an opinion may be, it is does not hold any less value than anyone else's opinion that may differ.

That's the whole point here. Everyone can post their opinion and then let the debate begin.

I hope the zone will always remain consistent in this concept and not be governed by ANY prevailing mindset other than equality among posters and their opinions.

So, having said ALL of that….I am on the record saying that I to, want Bledsoe back for the playoffs.

Seattle wants Bledsoe for the playoffs too.

DarbyTubbs545_0822.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KingTuna;1286438 said:

I sent my pit bull to the Hong Kong Phooey school of martial arts as a pup.

He is a picture of him practicing a difficult block and strike combination as a pup.

DobbyKungFu.jpg

Please do not make me send him after you.

:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Not sure why I needed to see dog nuttage this morning, but thanks, brainpaint.

Thanks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286469 said:
I sent my pit bull to the Hong Kong Phooey school of martial arts as a pup.

He is a picture of him practicing a difficult block and strike combination as a pup.

DobbyKungFu.jpg

Please do not make me send him after you.

:laugh2:

Ok.... why does he look like he is getting ready to get a lapdance?:lmao2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;1286480 said:
Ok.... why does he look like he is getting ready to get a lapdance?:lmao2:

Poor fella has since been fixed.

This is what he looked like when I told him he was going to get fixed...

dobby.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1286567 said:
Nice Pit BP!

Here's my Staffie. His name is Redd.

2075266reddyred.jpg

He almost looks like my PB/Boxer mix Angus

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/Dog%20Pictures/Photo_012906_0011.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1286581 said:
He almost looks like my PB/Boxer mix Angus

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/Dog%20Pictures/Photo_012906_0011.jpg

Nice. :D

Here's Redd prancing through my kitchen.

2075268reddyred8.jpg

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since this thread was hi-jacked long ago...I guess it is ok to talk about dogs now. :D

Nice looking dog bleu.

They make great dogs, if they got the right owners.

I have already talked at length with yeag about dogs in the past.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286592 said:
Since this thread was hi-jacked long ago...I guess it is ok to talk about dogs now. :D

Nice looking dog bleu.

They make great dogs, if they got the right owners.

I have already talked at length with yeag about dogs in the past.

Thanks man.

Very true about the "right owners" thing. I got him from a Breeder in Tampa known for providing Staffies with excellent temperament. He's great with my girls (age 10,6) & also pretty good with company after he gets over the initially wanna jump all over you & lick u stage. It took 2 years but I just got him to the point of barking when people come to the door unannounced. I keep telling my wife "He's a guard dog. He's a guard dog" and she keeps giving me the :rolleyes: look. :lmao: He's that mild mannered.

Hijack is complete.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;1286597 said:
Thanks man.

Very true about the "right owners" thing. I got him from a Breeder in Tampa known for providing Staffies with excellent temperament. He's great with my girls (age 10,6) & also pretty good with company after he gets over the initially wanna jump all over you & lick u stage. It took 2 years but I just got him to the point of barking when people come to the door unannounced. I keep telling my wife "He's a guard dog. He's a guard dog" and she keeps giving me the :rolleyes: look. :lmao: He's that mild mannered.

Hijack is complete.

The jumping, licking and not barking sounds like my dog, Dobby (named after the harry potter character because of his HUGE ears as a pup). His middle name is Doomsday (cowboys ref of course) but just does not live up to any name that is scary sounding. Plus I have a hundred nick names for both of the dogs.

Actually the only time he shows any aggression is if another dog is just outside our fence.

He rarely barks, he does not growl at people, he is actually quite scared of many things.

plus if the dogs start getting a little out of line I just have to say...GD it and they both cower down :laugh2: ...it is so funny because while watching football I will get mad at how a play turns out and say that and both the dogs go running like they think they did something bad.:laugh2:

He is just a really friendly and loving dog.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286608 said:
The jumping, licking and not barking sounds like my dog, Dobby (named after the harry potter character because of his HUGE ears as a pup). His middle name is Doomsday (cowboys ref of course) but just does not live up to any name that is scary sounding. Plus I have a hundred nick names for both of the dogs.

Actually the only time he shows any aggression is if another dog is just outside our fence.

He rarely barks, he does not growl at people, he is actually quite scared of many things.

plus if the dogs start getting a little out of line I just have to say...GD it and they both cower down :laugh2: ...it is so funny because while watching football I will get mad at how a play turns out and say that and both the dogs go running like they think they did something bad.:laugh2:

Angus leaves the room when I'm watching football :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1286618 said:
Angus leaves the room when I'm watching football :laugh2:

They have been getting that way the last couple of weeks.

During the lions game I was cussing a bunch.:laugh2:

During a commercial break I figured I would let them out but did not see them in the living room, looked in the kitchen and did not see them.

So I went back and looked in the hallway and they were both laying in there looking at me like I was gonna do yell at them.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286608 said:

Funny story... He's still fairly young and I still don't know how he will react in certain situations. We took him out during this last Halloween and everyone loved him in the streets. I use the petsafe collar/transmitter with him so he never leaves the yard. I can leave him outside front or back for hours and he will just lie around and explore the yard. Petsafe rocks!

So a couple of weeks ago he and I are out in the front yard tooling around. some people pull up and don't see us outside. They proceed to let their "unleashed" dog out of their van. Redd saw the dog and just watched attentively as he normally does. By the time I saw their dog it was charging our yard. I'm like WT*? The next thing I know the two dogs are locked in a dance barking/growling and such both on their hind legs with front paws locked on each other's shoulders. Then they let each other go and the other dog motions towards me. I'm about to go Rambo when Redd hops on him again as if to say "oh noes. aint happenin on my watch" and is pretty much willing the dog away from me. By this time the people have managed to get their dog out of my yard and are apologizing profusely. I got a good kick out of it while Redd sat there next to me and watched as they walked away tail wagging as if nothing ever happened. Dude was on his guard and I liked it. :p: He's typically friendly and loving as well. Now I know he's a lil protective too. ;)

Neither dog was injured.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1286629 said:
Funny story... He's still fairly young and I still don't know how he will react in certain situations. We took him out during this last Halloween and everyone loved him in the streets. I use the petsafe collar/transmitter with him so he never leaves the yard. I can leave him outside front or back for hours and he will just lie around and explore the yard. Petsafe rocks!

So a couple of weeks ago he and I are out in the front yard tooling around. some people pull up and don't see us outside. They proceed to let their "unleashed" dog out of their van. Redd saw the dog and just watched attentively as he normally does. By the time I saw their dog it was charging our yard. I'm like WT*? The next thing I know the two dogs are locked in a dance barking/growling and such both on their hind legs with front paws locked on each other's shoulders. Then they let each other go and the other dog motions towards me. I'm about to go Rambo when Redd hops on him again as if to say "oh noes. aint happenin on my watch" and is pretty much willing the dog away from me. By this time the people have managed to get their dog out of my yard and are apologizing profusely. I got a good kick out of it while Redd sat there next to me and watched as they walked away tail wagging as if nothing ever happened. Dude was on his guard and I liked it. :p: He's typically friendly and loving as well. Now I know he's a lil protective too. ;)

Neither dog was injured.

I wish I could say that Angus would be that nice. He would have been in attack mode as soon as he saw the other dog. :(

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1286624 said:
They have been getting that way the last couple of weeks.

During the lions game I was cussing a bunch.:laugh2:

During a commercial break I figured I would let them out but did not see them in the living room, looked in the kitchen and did not see them.

So I went back and looked in the hallway and they were both laying in there looking at me like I was gonna do yell at them.

Check for skunks first :D

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285497 said:
Talk to me after he's been in the league for 14 season like Bledsoe if you want to compare winning percentage.

And Romo's career 6-4 mark is far from mindblowing. :laugh1: :laugh2:

You are killing me man. Let's look at the last five games and see what Romo has done for the boys.

Dallas v. Giants in the Meadowlands (Cowboys win 23-20)
257 yards and 2 INTs. Nothing splashing there, but he did get us in position to win. He was able to move the ball when it counted. It was also a pivotal game at that point in the season. Despite the 2 picks, he showed poise and was able to move around in the pocket. We need not re-visit Bledsoes adventure against the G-men.

N.O. vs Dallas (N.O. wins 42-17)
Romo throws for 249, a TD and 2 INTs. N.O. goes up 21-7 at the half because the defense can't stop anyone. Romo is compelled as the QB to try to make plays. N.O. keeps the ball for more than 37 minutes, keeping the Dallas offense off the field. Their final drive lasted almost 10 minutes of the fourth quarter. The defense couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Not Romo's fault.

Dallas vs Atlanta (Dallas wins 38-28)
Romo throws for 278, 2 TDs and one INT. Time of possession favors Dallas and Romo and the defense is able to keep the Falcons out of the end zone for much of the second half. Pretty good outing.

Philly vs Dallas (Philly wins 23-7)
Romo throws for 142, 1 TD and 2 INTs. His worst game by far, granted. But, we were still in the game. But, it's another situation where the defense couldn't get off the field. The Iggles had the ball for more than 37 minutes again. Romo's 2 INTs came in the second half when he was trying to make something happen. Let's not forget Miles Austin's fumbled kick return.

Detroit vs Dallas (Lions win 39-31)
Romo throws for 321 yards, 2 TDs, an INT and 2 fumbles. All turnovers are bad, especially when you don't have both hands on the ball, but they both came when he was scrambling out of a collapsing pocket, something Bledsoe could never do. This loss fell on the shoulders of the defense. Detroit scored on four of its first six drives. Defense couldn't stop them. No pressure on Kitna.

The focus shouldn't be on whether or not we can win with Romo. his 6-4 record shows they can. Could it be better? You bet...if the defense could hold leads and stop opposing offenses. When your opponent has the ball almost 20 minutes more than you, you are going to lose. Isn't that what Parcells has said all along?

Do you honestly think we'd be where we are today with the statue still at QB? I think not.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;1286642 said:
You are killing me man. Let's look at the last five games and see what Romo has done for the boys.

Dallas v. Giants in the Meadowlands (Cowboys win 23-20)
257 yards and 2 INTs. Nothing splashing there, but he did get us in position to win. He was able to move the ball when it counted. It was also a pivotal game at that point in the season. Despite the 2 picks, he showed poise and was able to move around in the pocket. We need not re-visit Bledsoes adventure against the G-men.

N.O. vs Dallas (N.O. wins 42-17)
Romo throws for 249, a TD and 2 INTs. N.O. goes up 21-7 at the half because the defense can't stop anyone. Romo is compelled as the QB to try to make plays. N.O. keeps the ball for more than 37 minutes, keeping the Dallas offense off the field. Their final drive lasted almost 10 minutes of the fourth quarter. The defense couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Not Romo's fault.

Dallas vs Atlanta (Dallas wins 38-28)
Romo throws for 278, 2 TDs and one INT. Time of possession favors Dallas and Romo and the defense is able to keep the Falcons out of the end zone for much of the second half. Pretty good outing.

Philly vs Dallas (Philly wins 23-7)
Romo throws for 142, 1 TD and 2 INTs. His worst game by far, granted. But, we were still in the game. But, it's another situation where the defense couldn't get off the field. The Iggles had the ball for more than 37 minutes again. Romo's 2 INTs came in the second half when he was trying to make something happen. Let's not forget Miles Austin's fumbled kick return.

Detroit vs Dallas (Lions win 39-31)
Romo throws for 321 yards, 2 TDs, an INT and 2 fumbles. All turnovers are bad, especially when you don't have both hands on the ball, but they both came when he was scrambling out of a collapsing pocket, something Bledsoe could never do. This loss fell on the shoulders of the defense. Detroit scored on four of its first six drives. Defense couldn't stop them. No pressure on Kitna.

The focus shouldn't be on whether or not we can win with Romo. his 6-4 record shows they can. Could it be better? You bet...if the defense could hold leads and stop opposing offenses. When your opponent has the ball almost 20 minutes more than you, you are going to lose. Isn't that what Parcells has said all along?

Do you honestly think we'd be where we are today with the statue still at QB? I think not.

Hey don't try to get this thread back on track. It's a dog thread now. :D