Did Anyone Catch NFL Network's Report About T.O.?...

clayman

Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
Anyone saying T.O. is going to Dallas is speculating at this point. We'll find out probably on Saturday.

Part of my likes the idea of T.O. here, i'm not an idiot, I know what he can do for us. The ONLY thing I don't like is the money we'd have to give him, and the fact that our receiving corp would continue to be lending towards the 30+ side.

T.O. + Keyshawn + Terry = best receiving corp if not in NFL history.

Waiter, I'll have 3 of what he's having. :laugh2:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ken said:
I saw it and he said,"I am saying right now, that the Dallas Cowboys will be out in front of the TO derby."
Exactly correct.

Unfortunately I now need a new TV as mine has a hole right in the middle of the screen the size of my right foot. :mad:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Muhast said:
Didnt they hate it when we signed Deion? Wasnt he supposed to be a cancer
No he wasn't supposed to a cancer just a calary cap killer. He did. We were in salary cap prison for several years after that.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Commanders go after TO. They now have plenty of cap room to make a run. We all know how much Snyder loves the big names.

It'd also give him a chance to "stick it" to Jones one last time....before the season starts and we trash them on the field.

I'm not saying it'll happen.....but I certainly wouldn't be shocked to see it.

felix360

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Commanders go after TO. They now have plenty of cap room to make a run. We all know how much Snyder loves the big names.

It'd also give him a chance to "stick it" to Jones one last time....before the season starts and we trash them on the field.

I rather sign TO and eat **** before that happens.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
thewivil said:
Supposedly, he whispered it to some reporter. You know, "off the record."
No. He said it clearly facing a camera. It made national television.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm not crazy about the TO situation either way....As a matter of fact, I'm probably more against him coming than not.

That being said, I don't think we'll get him.

Teams now have more money to work with. I think TO gets traded.....Again, it would seem unlikely, but a team that trades for him wouldn't have to BID for him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bizwah said:
I think TO gets traded.....Again, it would seem unlikely, but a team that trades for him wouldn't have to BID for him.
No team is going to just give him $5 million for nothing. He won't be traded.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I just saw the replay of Schefter's report. You guys quoted him almost exactly.
The only thing I would add is that he said "I'm saying it, FOR THE RECORD, the Dallas Cowboys will be out in front on the T.O. derby.!"

He was emphatic. I truly do believe he knows something to say it the way he did. He's the "inside scoop" reporter for the NFL Network for crying out loud.
You can bet he wouldn't step out on that limb without knowing something pretty definite.

Ken

Reaction score
Bizwah said:

I agree with this completely.

I've had the same feeling for a while. All they needed was the CBA.

sago1

Reaction score
I don't want TO. I can't believe we would risk the future of this team with this move. Many of you think adding TO gets us to the SB. What happens if Bledsoe or another key Cowboy gets hurt and we don't get there? How will TO react then cause all he cares about is his name in lights. If he goes ballistic like he did with the Eagles, how will Jones & Parcells handle him? They've already given him the money when he signed the contract. Once that happens, he's got them over the barrel. And how much will he cost us?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
At this point, it really doesn't matter what we have to say.

exactly. i'm NOT on that bandwagon but it ain't my call. if you're loading up for a 1-2 year run you take all the best you can and go for it.

HOWEVER it has been said time and again, no BIG NAME fa's to be signed. then again, we got a lot of money...

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Ken said:
I saw it and he said,"I am saying right now, that the Dallas Cowboys will be out in front of the TO derby."

Basically, not sure if it was an informed oppinion, or just a prediction.

I watched NFL Network and heard the comments also. I'd call it an EDUCATED GUESS!

Dayton Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think that the Eagles will find a trade partner for TO. But I would not be surprised if the Eagles held on to him for awhile. Is TO due any roster bonuses or anything before the season starts?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dayton_Cowboy said:
Is TO due any roster bonuses or anything before the season starts?
$5 million on the first day of the new year which is this Saturday. He gets cut Friday. Unless everything gets pushed back again.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Ken said:
I agree with this completely.

I've had the same feeling for a while. All they needed was the CBA.

Joe Gibbs didn't like Coles' attitude and got rid of him. Coles was one of Parcells favorite players. You think Gibbs could handle T.O.? I don't see that happening.

Parcells may, (remember I said "may"), be the only coach able to handle T.O.

Parcells="The Horse Whisperer"

Hailmary

Reaction score
If we sign him, fine. Not a big TO fan myself, but I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune the first time he goes for 150+ w/ 3tds. And I suspect a lot of other anti-TO guys on this board will be doing the same.

What scares me most about TO is season 2. I think he'll be a model citizen season one, season 2 who the heck knows.

Alos, even if we do sign TO, we should still look for a WR early (or in the first day anyway). Long term plans must be made. TO is not it.

Whatever happens, I hope he signs w/ someone on the first day of FA so we can stop w/ all these TO threads and go back to talking about Henson vs. Romo. :D

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
If this team truly wants to send a message going into next season, what a better way than to sign TO. Sure its a gamble, but if he has learned his lesson(and if he still wants a career in the NFL I'm sure he has) he's worth it even if he's the only 'big name' signing of the offseason.

We could add depth in the draft and sign some other solid 2nd tier veterans like sowell, malloy, mawae and fabini. I'm sure all of them would sign here to have a chance to win it all in 06!:star:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
I just saw the replay of Schefter's report. You guys quoted him almost exactly.
The only thing I would add is that he said "I'm saying it, FOR THE RECORD, the Dallas Cowboys will be out in front on the T.O. derby.!"

He was emphatic. I truly do believe he knows something to say it the way he did. He's the "inside scoop" reporter for the NFL Network for crying out loud.
You can bet he wouldn't step out on that limb without knowing something pretty definite.

I echo your sentiments..I too think he knows something..heck he is scooping in jerrah's back yard!!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
thewivil said:
If this actually happens, I just hope Jerry and Bill know what they are getting into with Owens and are prepared to do something about it quickly if the relationship goes sour.

I hear ya.

Just think, if the clause the heck out of the contract and TO acts up and the deactivate him for the rest of the season then where would that leave TO?

He sit's out the season and wait to be signed again? I think not. He has got to get it right this time.