Did anyone know Dalton was this bad?

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Excuses excuses excuses. Dak played with a crap OL the entire season. Literally a rotating bunch of bodies. But now it's the but but but, excuses excuses excuses and can't judge him. Screw that. He sucks. Own it. He is light years behind Dak. He's led us to 13 points in 2 games.
Dak was also 1-3. Dak is obviously better but the OL was horrible today. Dinucci is very mobile and he also had no time.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
You are making excuses for his poor play. So yes, you absolutely fit in. He's a trash QB who was on the streets for a reason.
And Shhhh! Don't tell @PAPPYDOG this.
I'm supposedly the card-carrying originator of Dak Defendom.

Let's keep the dream alive.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Excuses excuses excuses. Dak played with a crap OL the entire season. Literally a rotating bunch of bodies. But now it's the but but but, excuses excuses excuses and can't judge him. Screw that. He sucks. Own it. He is light years behind Dak. He's led us to 13 points in 2 games.

What's with this "Own it" stuff? I'm not one of those who wanted Dalton to take over for Dak and I'm not a Dak hater, so cool your jets. Whether you like it or not, ANY QB's performance is going to suffer behind an OL that crumbles on practically every play. How many times was he sacked today, 8? When he wasn't sacked he was pressured. The entire offense suffered. That's no excuse, it's a fact.

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Yes I knew. He has the worst pocket presence I've ever seen and is scared of any type of pressure. Bengals fans were happy to move on from him for a reason. But for whatever reason cowboys fans thought he would come here and be better than #4.

leeblair

Reaction score
...I thought he was much better, then how's he played. I know he signed as backup, but dang he's been awful.

I know the OL is makeshift, but nonetheless he's had time to make throws and just plunders.

...the curse continues to haunt us.
I think it's pretty clear that many of the players are more concerned about Dak Prescott getting a long term contract than winning- and for ALL of the wrong reasons.
It's disgusting, and they need to be cut.
The offense has not been worried about Dalton. They've proved that.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yes I knew. He has the worst pocket presence I've ever seen and is scared of any type of pressure. Bengals fans were happy to move on from him for a reason. But for whatever reason cowboys fans thought he would come here and be better than #4.

Some did, but not Cowboys fans in general like your post makes it sound. Dak has a lot of supporters. The Dak haters are the only ones who made Dalton sound like a really big deal because they were so anxious to see Dak replaced.

FTWayne

Reaction score
yep, remember in 18 when Smith was out and Dak looked scared. Let him play behind a no name line and he would be terrified. Short term memory.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The offensive line today was Bad

but Dalton my goodness......sometimes you gotta let the ball go

he held it for so long like he had time you gotta whip that thing out if it’s incomplete then fine
Held it for so long? That's impossible when there's no time to hold it at all.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Poor Andy is dealing with a very crappy situation that is completely out of his control.
I feel terrible for him.
I agree, he missed a wide open Schultz and he is not a good scrambler. But the dropped balls and horrible OL did not help him at all. He cannot be blamed for a huge team fail.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I think it's pretty clear that many of the players are more concerned about Dak Prescott getting a long term contract than winning- and for ALL of the wrong reasons.

Yes, Dallas players were so concerned about Dak's contract that four Pro Bowl offensive linemen went on IR to help him out.

You nailed it.

irving

Reaction score
When Dak was in it was dak’s fault , now it’s the “situation “ or the “ offensive line “ or “ this “ or “ that”
Dak hater tears taste the best .
Andy Dalton sucks in any comparison to Dak , forum members saying otherwise just embarrassed themselves the last few weeks .
I'm sure Dak would be getting the benefit of the doubt if the team had put up 13 points total in two games, of course I'm being sarcastic because some of us know he would not.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I did not think he was this bad. Dallas has no choice but to pay Dak now. Also, I am not paid top dollar to evaluate talent for the Cowboys...but I might be better at it than the dummies running this team...

jnday

Reaction score
...I thought he was much better, then how's he played. I know he signed as backup, but dang he's been awful.

I know the OL is makeshift, but nonetheless he's had time to make throws and just plunders.

Tom Brady playing around his best would have looked horrible playing with these quitters.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

See Cincinnati last season. Though, the oline and defence aren't doing him any favours.

Qcard

Reaction score

Andy Dalton has only won 20 Games since 2016.

Dalton has been a horrible QB since 2018. Before that just good at his best