Did Cowboys get screwed with 3rd seed?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
The Niners do some things really well, namely run the ball and play stout along their defensive front.

But if we are tucking our tail between our legs over this matchup, we might as well pack it in for next season.
I think someone posted that the 9ers average around 2 yards per game rushing more than we do. Oh the horror! LOL.

zeke21

Reaction score
I'd rather play 49ers..

but the big big upside is not having to go to GB in the 2nd round.. I know Tampa isn't much better BUT we almost got them in week 1.. they are missing a few guys and I think they are beatable.. Packers are another level and on their turf.. it is the toughest assignment in football.

If we beat 9ers and then Tampa bay at Tampa.. then we will feel ready for GB at Lambo..

If we can't beat SF then we had no place in the playoffs.. none.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
The worst qb in tournament is hurts. And there are three equally bad ones in the afc.

I’m not sure what’s so upsetting

we are playing against the worst qb in the tournament and we have a defense that forces turnovers

Carter

Reaction score
Its the best matchup we could have hoped for besides the Eagles which was unrealistic anyway.

49ers have the worst or second to worst QB in the NFC Playoffs.

AZ is a far worse matchup and they just beat us at home. Rams would be a worse matchup too.

We also avoid a rested GB Team in Lambeau. There is a much higher chance to beat TB in TB than GB in GB first.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Wanna take it all you gotta beat everyone. Pretty simple so I don't care. Bring 'em on.

:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

DCwarrior

Reaction score
But who would we rather play first? I’m thinking Arizona.

49 ers not a good matchup for us.
Yeah, let’s try our luck against the Cards again. That beat down they put on us while they were missing key players can’t possibly happen again… right.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
The thing I don’t like about the 9ers and then Bucs is both games are going to ask Mr. 40 million to throw a lot.

Be prepared Bucs will lose to Philly so we don’t have to worry about them if we beat 49ers. :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You play the opponent you draw.
You win you advance, you lose you lose.

No screw job

No need to make everything a controversy or some sort.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How is Arizona a better matchup?
49ers have a strong running game which is a weakness for our defense.

And their defense strength is DL which could cause problems for us. Their defense also ranks high in stuffing the run which could be another problem.

All concerns and matchup problems for us.

I’d also argue after watching both games yesterday that the 49ers appear to be on a hot run winning 7 of last 9 while Cards had lost 3 in a row coming into Dallas and of course lost again finishing season losing 4 of 5.

Everyone sees it as they will but that’s my take. The good news is if we win we probably go to Tampa instead of a trip to Lambeau.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At first look moving up to 3rd seed seemed good since we don’t have to go to Lambeau in Divisional round .

But have we also drawn a tougher matchup in WC round ?

I’m thinking we’d rather have played Cards again than a hot 49er team.

Thoughts??

I think in post season most of the teams have things they are very good at and capable of winning games or else they would not be in the post season. SF is a physical team who leans on the run and a good defense, but every team will present issues that their opponent has to contend with.