Did Cowboys get screwed with 3rd seed?

ryanbabs

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. Play Kyler running around and his stupid 8-0 record, Rams, or them. Nothing is easy. Eagles won’t be easy for Tampa because they have stout lines. And Zona and Rams know each other and have split this season.

We MUST start the game out hot though. When we don’t we generally don’t win.
We must stomp on their throat for 60 mins. The Rams let off when they got up 17-0. Don’t let them have any momentum.

garyv

Reaction score
At first look moving up to 3rd seed seemed good since we don’t have to go to Lambeau in Divisional round .

But have we also drawn a tougher matchup in WC round ?

I’m thinking we’d rather have played Cards again than a hot 49er team.

Thoughts??

In my opinion 6 teams in the NFC almost anybody could beat anybody depends on the day who shows up and the Eagles are probably a team that should be eliminated quickly

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Yea, I like our chances better in Tampa than Green Bay too. But this first game is of concern. I felt much better with rematch of Cards.

While I agree adjustments could be made. Quinns man coverage style kind of puts us in a bind cause we have to use Micah to spy more often. Which sucks.

Still no guarantee we woulda adjusted. The 49ers are good, but if our defense can play average and we can avoid turnovers we have a chance to win. Playing the cards again was a huge wild card.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. James Connor is back too and scored twice today

Worst of all for me is that defense. Vance Joseph knows how to shut our offense down. When that happens, opponents can stay balanced against our defense which mitigates our pass rush and limits opportunities for defensive turnovers.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
At first look moving up to 3rd seed seemed good since we don’t have to go to Lambeau in Divisional round .

But have we also drawn a tougher matchup in WC round ?

I’m thinking we’d rather have played Cards again than a hot 49er team.

Thoughts??
San Francisco is a tough balanced team but we match up with them better then the Cardinals or Rams. The Rams and Cardinals secondary would give us problems. All three teams have good pass rushers. Jimmy G is a good quarterback but there is a reason why they moved up to draft a quarterback. Deebo is a problem but not compared to Murray or McVay.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
All the contest scenarios are tough. Wishing for opponents is bad karma. Play the schedule.

lqmac1

Reaction score
The 49ers are hot in the same way the Dolphins are hot... yeah they have won a lot of games, but outside of the Bengals who have the beaten?

Edit: and of course the Rams who choked.
Nobody! Texans, Vikings, Jaguars and Falcons

Aven8

Reaction score
Worst of all for me is that defense. Vance Joseph knows how to shut our offense down. When that happens, opponents can stay balanced against our defense which mitigates our pass rush and limits opportunities for defensive turnovers.

Should be interesting this week. Quinn had both Shanny and Raheem on his staff.

endersdragon

Reaction score
In my opinion 6 teams in the NFC almost anybody could beat anybody depends on the day who shows up and the Eagles are probably a team that should be eliminated quickly
As much as I hate to say it, the Eagles aren't looking that horrible either. Yeah they haven't beaten anyone good basically all year (not even sure what you would call their best win... don't think any against playoff teams), but they are on a weeks rest going against a beatable TB team who didn't play anyone this week. Then if they win that one they got Green Bay and home field won't mean as much there as it usually does as Philly is just as cold as GB (well maybe not quite but close).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jimmy G just played his best game in a long while. He doesn't regularly do that. The Cowboys D will swallow him up and force him to play faster than he is aptly capable of playing.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Jimmy G just played his best game in a long while. He doesn't regularly do that. The Cowboys D will swallow him up and force him to play faster than he is aptly capable of playing.
Also, basically all of his big plays today were on busted coverages.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I’m not sure what’s so upsetting

we are playing against the worst qb in the tournament and we have a defense that forces turnovers

:clap: I can't wait to watch the game and if we do happen to lose, which I'm confident we win. Then we know exactly what we're missing on this team and I bet it will show up offensively before defensively. They are not a high scoring team and don't create a lot of turnovers. They're solid on defense and nothing spectacular.

Our offensive play calling would have to be terrible to lose this game and we would have to give up the ball a lot.

Play the run and the flats right away defensively and make them 1 dimensional. Be ready for them to try and force 1 downfield immediately like Washington tried. They're good at the intermediate routes and behind the line of scrimmage running, screens and misdirection.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I’m not sure what’s so upsetting

we are playing against the worst qb in the tournament and we have a defense that forces turnovers
Not sure he is the worst. He just beat a choking Stafford and he hung 49 on the Saints a couple years ago when Dak hung 9 on them.