Did Dalton play himself into a starter contract?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Andy Dalton seems to be on a good streak this Kellen gun offense and 3 game win streak ,, seem like he's gain great confidence and rhythm en route to big plays in pass game

this could make him look more attractive in the FA market .. teams like the Pats, ..or Washington that could have really used him

His age (33 yrs) will be something going against him long term. but i could see Pats signing him as a stopgap starter until a a grooming young buck draftee is ready to take the wheels

He's like a Ryan Fitzpatrick

:D

Definitely has earned himself an opportunity to become a bridge type starter. You mentioned a few good landing spots, you could add a few more, as not every team is going to be able to fill their QB need. We should receive a nice comp pick in return two years for now. Dalton took a little time to get comfortable, but he is now playing like a former, quality starter in this league.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
He had a great game today, no question. It it was his first great game this season, and not at all outside what we have seen Dak do. But, when you have an agenda one game is all you need to latch onto, right?

That's what I was thinking!!! Dalton finally has a game in which he actually looks like Dak, and suddenly he is SOOOO much better than Dak. Hahahahaha. This anti-Dak derangement is crazy.It is truly pathetic.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I dont disagree, i'd probably take Dalton over Fitz too, but you never know what front offices are thinking. Dalton didnt do enough get much attention last offseason, has this year changed that? If Dallas doesnt keep him as a starter in 2021 i'd hope he lands a big deal for the comp pick, but im skeptical he is going to be a super hot commodity. Maybe a team like Indy would make sense if rivers retires. Maybe New England.
I think Belichick could make very good use of him.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Andy Dalton seems to be on a good streak this Kellen gun offense and 3 game win streak ,, seem like he's gain great confidence and rhythm en route to big plays in pass game

this could make him look more attractive in the FA market .. teams like the Pats, ..or Washington that could have really used him

His age (33 yrs) will be something going against him long term. but i could see Pats signing him as a stopgap starter until a a grooming young buck draftee is ready to take the wheels

He's like a Ryan Fitzpatrick

:D

Dalton had 9 years in Cincy, a couple of decent games in Dallas hasn't affected how other teams view him. I seriously doubt other teams are looking at him differently because he beat up on a 4-9-1 team missing lots of starters....

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I think Belichick could make very good use of him.
You could be right, but he pretty clearly didn't want Dalton last offseason. Why now? Dalton played a hell of a game against Philly, but its not like hes been lighting it up for 300+ yards week in and week out.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s the issue. We’re in QB limbo. It sucks.
I’m of the opinion that if your don’t have a franchise QB, you don’t have a QB period.
So do whatever it takes to identify one, and then go get him.
I just watched a guy in Tannehill who got paid 65 MIL in the offseason get his butt ripped a new one by a franchise QB. Like Dak, Tannehill is a solid QB. But the other guy is going to HOF.
If there’s an Aaron Rogers in this draft, GO GET HIM.
We have one. It should be fairly obvious.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You could be right, but he pretty clearly didn't want Dalton last offseason. Why now? Dalton played a hell of a game against Philly, but its not like hes been lighting it up for 300+ yards week in and week out.
I think he would do well in the short passing game that New England runs. Get the ball out quick and that sort of thing. He is pretty accurate.

lukin2006

Reaction score
He was never coming back to Dallas. There are teams out there that will sign him to start...just not here.

conner01

Reaction score
I bet Andy is still here next year with a bit higher salary
Alll Andy has shown is he’s still a solid nfl QB and if you have good receivers he can throw them the ball
No different than his whole career
He was out there last year and no team offered him a starting job and I don’t think any will this year

csirl

Reaction score
His future is as the next Fitzmagic. Interim starter while a draft pick matures.

Slick

Reaction score
Dalton took over the league's #1 offense when Dak was injured and all the weapons at his disposal but couldn't get it done. Don't believe me? Go back check the threads after each game ......you won't see many, if any, of Dak's haters/critics posters here calling him Dak's replacement. That speaks volumes.......

Just don't thinks he's done enough to impact his status around the league.
How many reps did he have walking in to that with the first team?

Dak, didn’t manage to win any games either. Dalton has. A lucky onside kick for Dak isn’t a win.