Did Dalton play himself into a starter contract?

Vandyr

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking!!! Dalton finally has a game in which he actually looks like Dak, and suddenly he is SOOOO much better than Dak. Hahahahaha. This anti-Dak derangement is crazy.It is truly pathetic.

What's crazy is how a certain group of people here nit pick everything Dalton does while turning a blind eye to Dak's many downsides. Dak is better, but he's most certainly not the elite QB that a lot of you here make him out to be. Whether you like it or not, we're getting the same results with a much cheaper QB.

Dalton has looked good several times this season. This wasn't a "finally has a game" moment.

Brax

Reaction score
What a typical hot take. We beat a bad Philthy team with a defense that’s ranked 5 spots worse THAN US against the pass and people are crowning Dalton.
Same scenario as last year and the mighty O could only put up 9 points. Last year a bad Philly team beat Dallas. Keep the field level when you evaluate.

Slick

Reaction score
Bottom line, if the FO thought he was the guy and really wanted him without question, they’d have locked him up before the season first chance they had.

Maybe there’s just more to the story. When has Jerry ever not thrown money at someone he really wants? Never.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Andy might be hired by some team to compete with an incumbent QB, perhaps with a deal that the winner could become their starter.

Perhaps, there might be a starter or two out there that he could potentially outplay for a starting QB position.

Last edited:

Section446

Reaction score
We need to tag and trade Dak (although nobody will be stupid enough to trade for him) and re-sign Dalton to a 3 year (fair market) deal to prepare for the future of the franchise.

aria

Reaction score
No. Everyone here knows what Dalton is. And everyone here knows what Dakoda is.
Dakoda wants Russell Wilson money and contract. It’s laughable. He isn’t getting it. Especially now.
Dalton is a solid starter from a perennial loser franchise. One of the worst ever. He can be a bridge career QB for the new rookie QB and finish as the back up in his home state. That’s all.
Especially now? Because Dalton had one good game against a pass defense worse than ours?

blumayne38

Reaction score
I’ve never seen Dak as selfish or about himself on the field at all. When they asked him to preside over a balanced offense with a heavy running element, he was fine with that, and when they asked him to become more dynamic in the passing game he worked hard and took on that role. He sacrifices his body to get first downs, often driving through LBs and taking big hits to do so, and it’s a pretty universal belief that he is a leader on the field and in the locker room. And, the reality is, Dak has had his share of these kinds of games himself. The difference was that the defense stepped up in this one.
You are not in that locker room and neither is dak. Dak is not the leader of this team for obvious reasons. As far as him playing selfishly I don’t think I said that. I just think dak would take the stats over the win at times to bolster his contract opportunity and I don’t blame him. That’s why he may be on another team next season. And he may get the money he is asking. Just not from Dallas.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are not in that locker room and neither is dak. Dak is not the leader of this team for obvious reasons. As far as him playing selfishly I don’t think I said that. I just think dak would take the stats over the win at times to bolster his contract opportunity and I don’t blame him. That’s why he may be on another team next season. And he may get the money he is asking. Just not from Dallas.
Of course right now Dak isn't the leader because he isn't healthy, but you suggested Dak was playing for himself when he was healthy, so it is appropriate for me to respond by talking about him when healthy.

As for you saying you didn't indicate Dak played selfishly, but rather said he would intentionally go for stats over wins, that actually IS saying Dak played selfishly. And, again, I haven't seen that. He didn't make the decision to start throwing more on his own. He seemed perfectly fine with a balanced offense in which the running game got a lot of the spotlight when that's what the team was doing. The team made the decision to involve the passing game more, not Dak himself. Besides, if he were forcing passes to build stats his efficiency would suffer dramatically, but it hasn't.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton Schultz says howdy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And Gallup and Lamb and Andy Dalton and a number of role players and reserve players, specifically the backup O-Linemen who have been thrust into duty. They haven't been stellar be any means, but they have held up much better than an O-Line built mostly on backups would be expected to hold up.

kskboys

Reaction score
Let's see, a 34 year old QB has been mediocre or worse all year, finally has a good game, and suddenly he's a quality starter? Hey, Nick, you got company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICP

Reaction score
There's a few teams out there where Dalton would definitely be an upgrade at QB. Also plenty of teams that would sign him to compete for a starters job.

Dallas will have all its eggs and quite a few too many dollars I'm sure in the Dak basket to be able to bring Dalton back as a back up. Lol maybe we'll sign Haskins!

erod

Reaction score
What would Dalton look like with Tyron, Collins, Martin, Biadasz, and Williams?

That question is being asked among coaches. Will Jerry listen?

Without Dak, you could go on a spending spree on defense in free agency along with the draft.

Don't make the same mistake Houston and others did.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Let's see, a 34 year old QB has been mediocre or worse all year, finally has a good game, and suddenly he's a quality starter? Hey, Nick, you got company!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how much of that 377 yards was receivers catching it short then weaving through the defense for massive YAC?