Did Dalton play himself into a starter contract?

Slick

Reaction score
Because they didnt offer him a big contract that he turned down right?

If they wanted him, it would have gotten done, and much sooner. The fact that they didn't give in to his ridiculous demands.

shabazz

Reaction score
Of course not. Just as we have brought up the strength of opponent vs Dakota, we must do the same for Andrew.

If Andy starts feasting on top 10 defenses, we can have that conversation.

Dakota in his prime is average, but still an angel from heaven, for some

Andrew is past his prime and below average and is to be hated as many colonists would these days

Having espoused these modern day truths, the next franchise Qb is not yet on this roster

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I'm not anointing Dalton yet. The Philly secondary is hot garbage. But given Dallas makes the playoffs. Wins 1 playoff game. The Offensive line comes back healthy next year. Who you got Dalton for 15 million or Dak at 37 million.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm not anointing Dalton yet. The Philly secondary is hot garbage. But given Dallas makes the playoffs. Wins 1 playoff game. The Offensive line comes back healthy next year. Who you got Dalton for 15 million or Dak at 37 million.

You always take the better, younger QB over the older "almost as good" QB regardless of price differential. Dak has more upside and has consistently been better than Dalton. Dalton has had a couple of decent games on the heels of a lot of garbage.. No the poor games were not all on him.. but some of it absolutely was.. Aside from a couple of games Dak's numbers against Philly are obscene. In fact his record against the division is pretty ridiculous.. That's probably why so many of these Eagle/Giant/Ratscum fans secretly come in here cheerleading for us not to re-sign him.

Slick

Reaction score
So when it gets done then what will your point be?
You sound pretty certain of that. He’s not worth his asking price. I’m very glad you aren’t part of the FO.

My point was and is pretty clear. If they were enamored with Dak, he’d have been signed before the season started. What don’t you get?

ShaneFalco

Reaction score

Keep Dalton as the bridge QB to the new rookie franchise QB.
Dak can seek his Russell Wilson money elsewhere.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
You sound pretty certain of that. He’s not worth his asking price. I’m very glad you aren’t part of the FO.

My point was and is pretty clear. If they were enamored with Dak, he’d have been signed before the season started. What don’t you get?

If they thought he was a franchise QB, he would have been signed immediately to a monster contract.
Instead, we’re walking down the path WASH stumbled down with Cousins....

Slick

Reaction score
Of course not. Just as we have brought up the strength of opponent vs Dakota, we must do the same for Andrew.

If Andy starts feasting on top 10 defenses, we can have that conversation.

Dakota in his prime is average, but still an angel from heaven, for some

Andrew is past his prime and below average and is to be hated as many colonists would these days

Having espoused these modern day truths, the next franchise Qb is not yet on this roster

Is he past his prime with this receiving corp? Would any average QB play better with them?

He never had a great team in Cincy.

Slick

Reaction score
If they thought he was a franchise QB, he would have been signed immediately to a monster contract.
Instead, we’re walking down the path WASH stumbled down with Cousins....
My point exactly. Thanks

J817

Reaction score
he can read a defense unlike the other guy and knows he has to get the ball out fast because of the weak offensive line. Being able to read the defense is what we've been missing with the other guy. When the offensive line was missing one guy, read that again, one guy, everybody blamed the offensive line. Let that slow reader play behind this line and he would have been in shell shock again like a few year back against Atlanta.

This has to be some of joke lol. This is an incredible post.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score
Is he past his prime with this receiving corp? Would any average QB play better with them?

He never had a great team in Cincy.
I'm unsure of Dak myself, but no use lying about Andy. In 09, he had the 4th ranked D, and a stacked O. Who told you he never had a great team? You need a new info source.

Exactly what did Andy not have that makes you say he never had a great team in Cincy? Great WR's, very good 1,000 yd RB's, very good OL's, top 10 D's. Seriously, your info is extremely wrong.

Slick

Reaction score
I'm unsure of Dak myself, but no use lying about Andy. In 09, he had the 4th ranked D, and a stacked O. Who told you he never had a great team? You need a new info source.

Exactly what did Andy not have that makes you say he never had a great team in Cincy? Great WR's, very good 1,000 yd RB's, very good OL's, top 10 D's. Seriously, your info is extremely wrong.
One year? How long was he there?

Dak has proven exactly what that’s worth paying him for exactly? He didn’t step up when needed last year. How is that different than AD in ‘09?

There’s also something called team chemistry. The Cowboys seem to have found some.

When Dak went down it left with him, and most said he was the soul of the team.

I’m seeing otherwise. He’s not worth his price. Keep AD for another year or 2, and draft the future. They can win without Dak apparently, and need too much help elsewhere.