Did Jarwin block Bobby Wagner in the back on Dak's 3rd and 14 run?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
FACTS:

1. There’s never been a penalty committed by a Cowboy that should have rightfully been called.

2. Had that been Dallas Goedert blocking Jaylon Smith the same way there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth on this board about the missed call.
If you're referring to the Jarwin block, I have to agree, it didn't look like a block in the back. A shove from the side as he went by, by I think he kept his hands off once he was passed.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Watched the replay, and I say I don't think he did.

First, he was engaged with Wagner, Wagner gets away, and IF Jarwin pushes him with any force, it was right two Dak. If anything, Jarwin helped him.

But I don't think Jarwin had any force in that motion because Wagner was able to pause before he launched himself at Dak's legs.

I'm not the type of guy to say that just because Jarwin is a Cowboy, but Wagner was not pushed over by Jarwin and still had a shot at getting Dak. Too bad Dak is a "Grown *** man".
LOL

JMHO

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
If you're referring to the Jarwin block, I have to agree, it didn't look like a block in the back. A shove from the side as he went by, by I think he kept his hands off once he was passed.

Honestly, I didn’t think it was a block in the back either and rightfully left as a non-call. I thought the Goodwin “hold” was ticky-tak, but can see why the ref would call-it.

I also think the refs missed a ton of missed holding calls on the Seahawks.

That said, I don’t believe there’s any bias or conspiracy.

Refs suck. Point blank.

We benefitted massively from the two flags on 3rd down late in the 4th QTR. You and I both know we’d have 45 page threads still going had those same calls been made on us.

My comment was just satire on the typical response from Cowboy fans...it’s either those two I listed or a third option: “Well, that just makes up for the missed call in the 3rd QTR when [...]”

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I wonder if the Seahawks employ a similar philosophy to Chuck Daly’s Bad Boy Pistons back in the day. They were known for being physical, creating a sort of an acceptance by the refs with the idea that they can’t call a foul on every play.

The Seahawks were holding a ton. Thankfully they called that one on Damien Wilson late in the game.

cern

Reaction score
no foul by jarwin. just a sissy tackle attempt by bobby wagner. what a wuss.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Sweet. You looked at the box score.
I actually watched the game and he was a non factor. Especially when his team needed him most (on the Presott run) he was a ghost. Sweet you still don't know what you're talking about. Par for the course, for you.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Just watched it. No, he was hat on hat, and Wagner just blew past him very quickly. Wagner just mis-timed it and went early and dove trying to make the play, had he waited a half second longer it would have worked.
That's what I'm seeing in the replay. Wagner simply whiffed.

If you freeze the video at 6:05, you don't see Wagner off-balance like he's been pushed from behind. Instead, he stops and crouches in preparation for the force of the tackle. A bit late, I might add.

n133hk.jpg

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I actually watched the game and he was a non factor. Especially when his team needed him most (on the Presott run) he was a ghost. Sweet you still don't know what you're talking about. Par for the course, for you.

Yeeeehaaaaaw!

Go Cowboys Bro!

lulz

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If you didn’t see him making plays you weren’t watching.

Lol, smh.

I didn't see him making many plays either.

KJ Wright was, by far, the more active player.

And Wagner's defensive counterparts, LVE and Jaylon definitely overshadowed him as well.

Wagner had a relatively quiet game.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
That's what I'm seeing in the replay. Wagner simply whiffed.

If you freeze the video at 6:05, you don't see Wagner off-balance like he's been pushed from behind. Instead, he stops and crouches in preparation for the force of the tackle. A bit late, I might add.

n133hk.jpg

You can clearly see him having to let up and bracing himselfbecause his teammate (on the right side of Dak in the pic above) comes flying in low right at his legs.