Did Jarwin block Bobby Wagner in the back on Dak's 3rd and 14 run?

cern

Reaction score
You can clearly see him having to let up and bracing himselfbecause his teammate (on the right side of Dak in the pic above) comes flying in low right at his legs.
what a woefully, wimpish, weak wagner. he was just as gassed as the rest of the hawks after the beatdown we put on them. why would you defend such cowardice?

Plankton

Reaction score
I wonder if the Seahawks employ a similar philosophy to Chuck Daly’s Bad Boy Pistons back in the day. They were known for being physical, creating a sort of an acceptance by the refs with the idea that they can’t call a foul on every play.

The Seahawks were holding a ton. Thankfully they called that one on Damien Wilson late in the game.

The Seahawks employ that philosophy with their defensive backs. They have done it for years, and have been able to get away with physical play down the field. I think that's the reason why Carroll was so dismayed at the two penalties on the final Cowboy touchdown drive - his point is that we do that on EVERY play, and you don't call it, why call it then?

It's weird, but aside from a couple of missed calls, which is every game in the NFL, I think the crew did a good job of letting the teams play.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Go to the 6 minute mark in the video, which shows multiple replays of the play.

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.

No.

If anyone thinks it was, they should go back and watch the block on Woods when he sniffed out the screen and made the tackle for a loss. They looked the same to me and neither was called.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
You can clearly see him having to let up and bracing himselfbecause his teammate (on the right side of Dak in the pic above) comes flying in low right at his legs.
Yeah, somebody gave up his body on that play and it wasn't Wagner. My point was he stopped himself before he lunged, rather than being pushed off balance by Jarwin.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I didn't see much there. I quite honestly don't care if he did. Pretty sure Seattle did not care when Austin return was called back on a ticky tacky call or PI on the interception.

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
That's what I'm seeing in the replay. Wagner simply whiffed.

If you freeze the video at 6:05, you don't see Wagner off-balance like he's been pushed from behind. Instead, he stops and crouches in preparation for the force of the tackle. A bit late, I might add.

n133hk.jpg

Actually this makes me think he did block him in the back. Look at the full extension of Jarwin's arms. A split second late he gives Wagner a little shove in the back that keeps him from making the tackle.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Actually this makes me think he did block him in the back. Look at the full extension of Jarwin's arms. A split second late he gives Wagner a little shove in the back that keeps him from making the tackle.
Anything that happened after that freeze frame must have happened after Dak was gone.

Creeper

Reaction score
I thought it was clear they were letting the teams play. What bothers me is when they let obvious penalties go then call some ticky tack nonsense. Its best to let them play be obvious calls have to be made. There was a hold on a big return by Locket that the refs did not call. The PI on Brown wasn't called and that resulted in an interception. That was the worst call of the game.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Go to the 6 minute mark in the video, which shows multiple replays of the play.

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.
yes, refs missed it, but they also missed several OL holds against seattle. it evens out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
How about that block in the back they called that took away Tavons punt return?
It looked pretty clear to me that the block was square on the sholder at worse and approaching the chest more than the back.
it was called a HOLD on goodwin

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Not this game, but how many times have we seen Tyron Smith get called for holding or block to back because he manhandled his guy and the sudden change of direction from the defender falling puts Tyron in position that makes it look like he's committing a penalty if you pause at that very moment? Is there a replay I can see of Jarwin?

Plus you see a lot of plays where the opposition throws the blocker to the ground......and no call

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
............................................................................................................................................................

See that?? That's me and what should be every Cowboys fan giving two rips if there was a hold or not. I don't care. Scoreboard, Win. Bring on the Rams.