Did Jarwin block Bobby Wagner in the back on Dak's 3rd and 14 run?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Go to the 6 minute mark in the video, which shows multiple replays of the play.

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.
Was it called?

Then did not happen.

Wasting your time here.

Go to the more positive threads.

Tired of the negative threads.

This is time to celebrate..

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Just looked at the replay amazed that Dak got by Wagner. I think it might have been because Jarwin blocked Wagner in the back. What say you?

Just curious, because it would have been a game changer if they would've called the penalty.

I think it probably isn't a penalty if you look at the overhead replay. From the side video you show, it does look like Jarwin extends his right arm out to push Wagner which is a standard I hear about for an offensive PI pushoff. But from above it looks less like a foul. Here it appears Jarwin extended far less than the side view showed. The key here is what did Jarwin do with his left hand. It appears to swing around and make contact with Wagner's body (this is why I say probably not a penalty).

Now if you just look at what happened to Wagner, his momentum and action does look like what would happen to a player blocked in the back with an approaching runner that he had lined up fairly early after disengaging with Jarwin because how would a perennial All-Pro whiff like that? The answer is in Dak's path towards the goal line. Watch Dak run towards Wagner and then take a hard right just before the 12 yard line and that's why Wagner misses. The clincher for me is that Wagner did not complain about a block in the back. The side view looks damning and if it had been called, this video would be proof for why it was a bad call. It wasn't and I think they got it right.

Sky-View-MP4-R.gif

Last edited:

Swanny

Reaction score
I think it probably isn't a penalty if you look at the overhead replay. From the side video you show, it does look like Jarwin extends his right arm out to push Wagner which is a standard I hear about for an offensive PI pushoff. But from above it looks less like a foul. Here it appears Jarwin extended far less than the side view showed. The key here is what did Jarwin do with his left hand. It appears to swing around and make contact with Wagner's body (this is why I say probably not a penalty).

Now if you just look at what happened to Wagner, his momentum and action does look like what would happen to a player blocked in the back with an approaching runner that he had lined up fairly early after disengaging with Jarwin because how would a perennial All-Pro whiff like that? The answer is in Dak's path towards the goal line. Watch Dak run towards Wagner and then take a hard right just before the 12 yard line and that's why Wagner misses. The clincher for me is that Wagner did not complain about a block in the back. The side view looks damning and if it had been called, this video would be proof for why it was a bad call. It wasn't and I think they got it right.

Sky-View-MP4-R.gif
That's a great view of it

Satchel89

Reaction score
Even if he did....Who cares. The Refs slaughter so many calls in the games now

InTheZone

Reaction score
I honestly don't care...every single pass to Lockett he was pushing off big time...every single one and it wasn't called a single time.
I was more glad they didn't call b.s. defensive PI on us when our guys did nothing wrong as the receiver initiates with an extended arm on their chest. I see it too often, refs blame a DB for an incomplete

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Sky-View-MP4-R.gif
:clap:You got one right. Stepping up your game for the playoffs. It’s never too late Good job.

dfense

Reaction score
He and Wagner were already engaged and Wagner tried to spin out of the block.

The Natural

Reaction score
You guys ever see this corny commercial where two teams are playing a basketball game and at the end of the game the ball is whistled out on the one team. Then in the huddle the guy on the would be winning team says “It was out on me coach” and walks over to the ref like a sucker to have him reverse the call. Thats what this thread reminds me of anyway.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what I'm seeing in the replay. Wagner simply whiffed.

If you freeze the video at 6:05, you don't see Wagner off-balance like he's been pushed from behind. Instead, he stops and crouches in preparation for the force of the tackle. A bit late, I might add.

n133hk.jpg
If you look directly past Dak from Wagner's perspective, you see one of his teammates coming from the other direction. I think Wagner let up to avoid the collision.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
what a woefully, wimpish, weak wagner. he was just as gassed as the rest of the hawks after the beatdown we put on them. why would you defend such cowardice?
I don't see cowardice, as much as concern for a teammate, and possibly a bit of misplaced confidence in said teammate to make the tackle.

eromeopolk

Reaction score

"No Flag, no Foul". Did Bobby Wagner pass interfered with Noah Brown on the interception? "No Flag, no Foul"

bark

Reaction score
Wow. They didn’t really show that in the telecast. That was really tricky-tacky. No wonder Garrett was pissed.
My eyes are deceiving me again idg.
There for a minute I thought I saw that emotionless robotic clapping robot that is Jason Garrett losing his mind right there for al to see.
Weird

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My eyes are deceiving me again idg.
There for a minute I thought I saw that emotionless robotic clapping robot that is Jason Garrett losing his mind right there for al to see.
Weird

He's feeling threatened by Richard and trying to imitate him. He's a step away from throwing down with Goff in the warmups this week.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No. Wagner just beat him to the spot but got a bit off-balanced avoiding Jarwin while trying to hit Dak. I always check for the player's reaction and Wagner did not react like a player who was fouled.