Did last night change your expectations W/O Zeke?

haleyrules

Reaction score
Don't understand how some think it will be status quo w/o Zeke...Dmac's 1k season was inflated and 3/4 of his yards came when the club was down by 2 tds or more...if he was so great why bring in Morris after that season..they will be competitive w/o question but they will not be able to compete at the same level if Zeke was in there...they also played the Colts Saturday not known as a formidable run stopping team.
Yep. He has a long history of injuries too.

sean10mm

Reaction score
People here massively over-value the running back position. Zeke is an asset for sure, but it's QB play and defense that will make or break this team. Just like it makes or breaks basically every team in the modern NFL.

If Dak doesn't continue developing and the defense goes nowhere, Zeke will be a footnote - he could rush for 200 yards in a game and they'd still lose most of the time. If Dak continues to develop and the defense improves, Zeke will be the cherry on top of the sundae.

How many postseason victories do Adrian Peterson and LaDanian Tomlinson have between them? Having undisputed greatness at running back hasn't mattered very much for a long time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
People here massively over-value the running back position. Zeke is an asset for sure, but it's QB play and defense that will make or break this team. Just like it makes or breaks basically every team in the modern NFL.

If Dak doesn't continue developing and the defense goes nowhere, Zeke will be a footnote - he could rush for 200 yards in a game and they'd still lose most of the time. If Dak continues to develop and the defense improves, Zeke will be the cherry on top of the sundae.

How many postseason victories do Adrian Peterson and LaDanian Tomlinson have between them? Having undisputed greatness at running back hasn't mattered very much for a long time.

Exactly.

Coaching and QB matter way more then RB.

If RB's mattered more then Peterson would have 5 Superbowls instead of Brady and Belichick.

Zeke is a luxury but if we aren't good it will be because of Dak and Jason Garrett.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
How did last night's game affect your expectations for the team without Zeke, if at all? I know it's the Colts and they had a pretty terrible defense last year. Regardless of that, it was phenomenal to see Dak and Dez connect and show much improved chemistry and OL dominating the Colts up front along with the three guys - McFadden, Morris and Smith - looking sharp and finding the holes and making some plays. On the other end our Defense looked really good. Taco was disruptive, my guy Demontre Moore brought pressure a handful of times too along with the sack. LBs seemed to play really well and Jaylon looked nice considering he hasn't played in over 500 days. Scandrick looked like his old self now two years removed from his ACL injury so hey! We might just be significantly improved on D. I have gone back and forth on my expectations from 3-3 to 4-2 but at this point you can put me down firm at 4-2. We play some great defenses to start the season but we seem to be a more well rounded team than last year with some improvements on defense.
I'm firmly in the 4-2 camp. Does anyone know if his appeal will be heard before the end of the preseason? The 6 game punishment is a great message to a guy that still has some growing up to do but on its own merits it's a bunch of bs.

ALBIT

Reaction score
How did last night's game affect your expectations for the team without Zeke, if at all? I know it's the Colts and they had a pretty terrible defense last year. Regardless of that, it was phenomenal to see Dak and Dez connect and show much improved chemistry and OL dominating the Colts up front along with the three guys - McFadden, Morris and Smith - looking sharp and finding the holes and making some plays. On the other end our Defense looked really good. Taco was disruptive, my guy Demontre Moore brought pressure a handful of times too along with the sack. LBs seemed to play really well and Jaylon looked nice considering he hasn't played in over 500 days. Scandrick looked like his old self now two years removed from his ACL injury so hey! We might just be significantly improved on D. I have gone back and forth on my expectations from 3-3 to 4-2 but at this point you can put me down firm at 4-2. We play some great defenses to start the season but we seem to be a more well rounded team than last year with some improvements on defense.[/QUOT
How did last night's game affect your expectations for the team without Zeke, if at all? I know it's the Colts and they had a pretty terrible defense last year. Regardless of that, it was phenomenal to see Dak and Dez connect and show much improved chemistry and OL dominating the Colts up front along with the three guys - McFadden, Morris and Smith - looking sharp and finding the holes and making some plays. On the other end our Defense looked really good. Taco was disruptive, my guy Demontre Moore brought pressure a handful of times too along with the sack. LBs seemed to play really well and Jaylon looked nice considering he hasn't played in over 500 days. Scandrick looked like his old self now two years removed from his ACL injury so hey! We might just be significantly improved on D. I have gone back and forth on my expectations from 3-3 to 4-2 but at this point you can put me down firm at 4-2. We play some great defenses to start the season but we seem to be a more well rounded team than last year with some improvements on defense.[/QUOTE

No it makes feel worse actually. Knowing how great this offense could be with him on the field. It frustrates me more. I think it gets reduced to 4 games but if he does miss all 6 the best we go is 3-3. Now I'm just angry. Just wish he were full strength the whol season.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Preach.