Did last night change your expectations W/O Zeke?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you forget that he was in the MVP debate?? I know we can get production, but it got to a point where he could do whatever he wanted to do on the football field. Get 10 yards, get 25, get 60. He's amazing. The whole point of Zeke is so it's not all on Dak.

We will have a run game without Zeke.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I don't the run game will be as good but I still expect 8-11 wins. Most likely 9-10. But I have a feeling zeke wont be susupened until next season.

CWR

Reaction score
Not really, I expect to be able to gash and grind defenses with our back up rbs. Where I feel we will or would miss Zeke the most is when a would be DMC gash is an actual Zeke 60 yd explosion to the end zone. Dont get me wrong, grinding on the defense is nice but then your also subject to mistakes like DMCs fumble last night.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Not really, I expect to be able to gash and grind defenses with our back up rbs. Where I feel we will or would miss Zeke the most is when a would be DMC gash is an actual Zeke 60 yd explosion to the end zone. Dont get me wrong, grinding on the defense is nice but then your also subject to mistakes like DMCs fumble last night.
His biggest asset is keeping our defense off the field by killing the clock.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
No.

I understand Elliott is twice as talented and I absorbed the fact from 2015 that the idea that "anyone can run behind this line" was born out of idiocy.

CWR

Reaction score
His biggest asset is keeping our defense off the field by killing the clock.

Yeah I get that. At the same time I like the occasional splash play to the house. Those long grinding drives can demoralize a defense, but they do come with the risk of offensive mistakes and turn overs. DMC showed us that last night. Its nice to have a guy back there who has the ability to take it all the way. I think it also plays a role in the defenses mind set.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah I get that. At the same time I like the occasional splash play to the house. Those long grinding drives can demoralize a defense, but they do come with the risk of offensive mistakes and turn overs. DMC showed us that last night. Its nice to have a guy back there who has the ability to take it all the way. I think it also plays a role in the defenses mind set.
Absolutely!

haleyrules

Reaction score
Yeah. There is no way a club can run Mcfadden 10 times in a short period...he will fumble or get injured! He is no Elliott. I thought during the game...this tactic is going to end badly. Mcfadden is not built for that kind of abuse.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
No. The Colt's defense sucks. I'd be willing to bet a couple of our 2nd stringers would start for them...so that's saying something.

Agreed, the defense we will face in 3 weeks will be much better. Even after losing Hankins they still have a very good D line and 3 good corners plus a good safety. Snacks Harrison made the middle of that run D much better moreso than Hankins.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yeah. There is no way a club can run Mcfadden 10 times in a short period...he will fumble or get injured! He is no Elliott. I thought during the game...this tactic is going to end badly. Mcfadden is not built for that kind of abuse.

Nope, he runs to upright and Is more of a stride runner and takes a while to get any speed he has going.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why would one more pre-season game change our opinions? It is still the same........the run game will be sufficient but not close to being at its best without Zeke.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
How did last night's game affect your expectations for the team without Zeke, if at all? I know it's the Colts and they had a pretty terrible defense last year. Regardless of that, it was phenomenal to see Dak and Dez connect and show much improved chemistry and OL dominating the Colts up front along with the three guys - McFadden, Morris and Smith - looking sharp and finding the holes and making some plays. On the other end our Defense looked really good. Taco was disruptive, my guy Demontre Moore brought pressure a handful of times too along with the sack. LBs seemed to play really well and Jaylon looked nice considering he hasn't played in over 500 days. Scandrick looked like his old self now two years removed from his ACL injury so hey! We might just be significantly improved on D. I have gone back and forth on my expectations from 3-3 to 4-2 but at this point you can put me down firm at 4-2. We play some great defenses to start the season but we seem to be a more well rounded team than last year with some improvements on defense.
Nope...no Zeke is not good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys can win without Zeke in the lineup but I also think we are a much better team with Zeke in the lineup. I was overly impressed with the OL in this past game, they came to play and were blowing holes wide open. Expectation did not change for me.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Don't understand how some think it will be status quo w/o Zeke...Dmac's 1k season was inflated and 3/4 of his yards came when the club was down by 2 tds or more...if he was so great why bring in Morris after that season..they will be competitive w/o question but they will not be able to compete at the same level if Zeke was in there...they also played the Colts Saturday not known as a formidable run stopping team.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Don't understand how some think it will be status quo w/o Zeke...Dmac's 1k season was inflated and 3/4 of his yards came when the club was down by 2 tds or more...if he was so great why bring in Morris after that season..they will be competitive w/o question but they will not be able to compete at the same level if Zeke was in there...
ZEKE is the best back in the NFL !!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No.

I understand Elliott is twice as talented and I absorbed the fact from 2015 that the idea that "anyone can run behind this line" was born out of idiocy.

We had no passing game and our run game was still fairly productive.

We were 9th in the league in rushing with a 4.6 yards a carry average with garbage at QB and coaches that kept it as basic as possible.