Did Moore go to Jerry leading up to the Eagles?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
NO was game plan/play calling. 1st down passes worked. 1st down runs didn't. We kept running.

I agree it was overall a poor outing all the way around. In that game Dallas ran the ball 11 times on 1st but we also had 10 passes on 1st down as well. Fact is the team played poorly and yes coaching and having this team ready was poor. Making the claim as was done in this thread that this was all Garrett but games we won was Moore is what I would expect out of a child. I have never removed blame from Garrett and the coaching staff when we lose but acting as if Garrett has no involvement in wins give me a break

Reaction score
Your reading comprehension really sucks, you know that?

I said they were lousy sources to go to for the truth in anything - and they are.

But if that's where you want to go? To the team. Be a sheep.

That's your own problem.

lol,,, what's really bad is that you're guilty of what you're accusing others of, but I have neither the time or inclination to try remedying that situation. I'm simply relaying the thoughts of the Cowboys team insiders, broadcasting their observations and humor from the Dallas Cowboys facilities in Frisco. If you're unwilling to acknowledge that they may have a better working knowledge of what happens with this team than the random cyber-fandom then I won't disabuse you of that unwashed opinion. o_O

shabazz

Reaction score
That game looked like the first 3. And please dont give me the whole Eagles are bad schtick. Leading up to that game we were going to get clobbered by Cox and co.

I noticed a lot more motion and deception. I honestly think Moore had enough and went to Jerry. Just my opinion but it looked like a different offense.

Like the first 3 games, we were able to play yet another team ranked in the high 20's against the pass. Eagle were ranked 26th when we played them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
That game looked like the first 3. And please dont give me the whole Eagles are bad schtick. Leading up to that game we were going to get clobbered by Cox and co.

I noticed a lot more motion and deception. I honestly think Moore had enough and went to Jerry. Just my opinion but it looked like a different offense.
JG is the HC of this team and is a Offense mind. I am sure even though JJ said he wanted change and if JG didn’t let him then come see him. I am guessing JG has something to do with the game plan and wondered when the teams got tougher if he input that he wanted to get away from some of the misdirection and motion and things that could cause penalties if not executed properly and go to more basic and easier to execute plan. Totally didn’t work and I wondered why we didn’t revert back. Could have picked up at least one of those loses. And if JG felt that way I wonder why he let Moore go back with his game plan in the egirls game. A tough division game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol,,, what's really bad is that you're guilty of what you're accusing others of, but I have neither the time or inclination to try remedying that situation.

Actually you have nothing. That’s why you use ‘time’ as your attempted excuse. And fail. ‘Lol’ at that fact.

I'm simply relaying the thoughts of the Cowboys team insiders, broadcasting their observations and humor from the Dallas Cowboys facilities in Frisco. If you're unwilling to acknowledge that they may have a better working knowledge of what happens with this team than the random cyber-fandom then I won't disabuse you of that unwashed opinion. o_O

You keep sheeping on. And getting your ‘truth’ from those PAID by the team. Easier than thinking.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
LOL. And then conspiracy theorists wonder why folks don't just believe everything they say without question. Surprised Goodell and Mara didn't make it into this one but perhaps that category is reserved for when we lose. As if there's rhyme or reason for ANY of these.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Did you miss the motion, options, and bunch formations too?
:huh:
and in the end, regardless of all the motions, options,bunch formations...it comes down to execution. not dropping balls when it hits your hand. running the correct route. blocking the man in front of you...bunch formation or not!!!

amazing...isn't it?

:thumbup:

glimmerman

Reaction score
LOL. And then conspiracy theorists wonder why folks don't just believe everything they say without question. Surprised Goodell and Mara didn't make it into this one but perhaps that category is reserved for when we lose. As if there's rhyme or reason for ANY of these.
These refs leaking bad info.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Idk if i bye these fan rumors....

but

1.) Tony Romo during the Jets game alluded on national TV that the 1st half had all the looks of a standard boring JG offense and we sure did look completely unimaginative and very beatable

2.) We seemed to flow much better this game instead of attempting to make stuff work when it wasnt there.... kept the eagles off balance with some trickery with Tavon..... enough passing to help keep the run lanes open which allowed Zeke/pollard to pick up some big yards.... which ultimately lead to some nice Play action
you added "boring"...… Romo didn't say that... plus, when you are missing your best offensive player (Tyron) and start a rookie UDFA at the other tackle...meaning 2/5 of your offensive line is back ups, missing your starting slot WR and your top WR gets injured in the first quarter, you need to simplify the game. you can't run the same offense when 4 starters are missing. but hey Madden football experts can do anything and think it automatically translates to the real game.

btw, we scored enough to win while missing 4 starting offensive players....but the defense was just down right awful giving up those plays and that many points to one of the worst offenses in the league...but hey, I want to knock JGs offense so leave me alone...right!?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't know if Moore told Jerry about the lack of production was because we went back to playing Garrett style football. But I do know that end around flip to Austin for the TD and that 4th and short bootleg and a quick pass to Zeke was a thing of beauty that Garrett would have never called. That was all Moore's playcalling right there.
and you know that because you attend the weekly offensive meetings and getting inside information!? go see previous years and you see the same play....but hey...you like moore. I get it.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Make no mistake about it. Last season we were the youngest starting team in the league. They needed to be motivated. They need to be taught to play as one. Yeah it's a rah-rah before every game. Don't you see the players on the field just before the start of the game trying to get up for it. This is the most emotional game in the world make no mistake about it motivation is a huge huge Factor

it is an emotional game. Can't play this game without it. But it's an inner motivation. Not an external one. I played this game a long time. Never once did a coach motivate me, what motivated me was: doing my best because that is what I expected out of me, doing everything I could to help the people around me, my brothers on the field and the name on the back of my jersey, not letting my family down. All that stuff before the kick off is just to get your mind right, but once the ball is kicked off, nothing anyone said or did leading up that point matters, it becomes your will vs their will, period. And if a player can't or won't take it upon themselves to not be out willed by their opponent, then no coach is going to change that.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Idk if i bye these fan rumors....

but

1.) Tony Romo during the Jets game alluded on national TV that the 1st half had all the looks of a standard boring JG offense and we sure did look completely unimaginative and very beatable

2.) We seemed to flow much better this game instead of attempting to make stuff work when it wasnt there.... kept the eagles off balance with some trickery with Tavon..... enough passing to help keep the run lanes open which allowed Zeke/pollard to pick up some big yards.... which ultimately lead to some nice Play action

1. I think you need to go back and listen to what Tony actually said. He said as he reviewed the film of the games (all the games), that he saw some of the same concepts he ran back in 2007-2009. Years that were very productive offensively. He was not talking about the Jet's game specifically, he was talking this season, which includes the 3 games that we had won to that point as well. And he never said Boring.

2. It's amazing what an Offense can do when the OL is working. We ran the same plays against the Jets, they just didn't get blocked. We tried to run some longer developing plays like Play action but Dak was getting killed because no one was buying the run because the oL wasn't blocking well. It is all joined together.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Offense definitely looked like weeks 1-3. But also I have to wonder how much injuries may have forced us to do some different things than we wanted to.
And really, some of it is just perception because in the losses we made more mistakes, turned the ball over, had key penalties, the defense struggled, O-Linemen were hurt …. so those games naturally wouldn't seem the same as the first 3 even if the play calling was very similar. I do think we went much more conservative against the Saints than we had in the previous games, but otherwise I think Moore has tried to do similar things throughout.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
The whole agenda that Moore deserves all the credit when the offense does well, and Garrett deserves all the blame when they don't, is just silly.

I'm far from being a Garrett fan but Moore deserves some blame as well when the offense sucks. He's the OC.

75boyz

Reaction score
None of us know what goes inside those doors and who does what but the fact of the matter is, the offensive playcalling and scheming was similar to the first 3 weeks and not like it was on the 3 game skid.

And for all the differing opinions the OP gave his. It WAS different period. Now was the result from execution, oline blocking, opponent tendency(Philly weak secondary) more motion and less predictable playcalling? Had there been a previous instance when Garrett was promoted from OC to HC that may have stirred suspicion based on curcumstance at the time? Seems like all valid and/or credible talking points for discussion as to why the offense looked different. It did. I don't have the answer either but I hope it stays the same.

Trips me out how opinions can't be shared in a civilized manner round here sometimes.

Totally agree with this post. Grow the *** up. Not you boxer rumble, lol.

Last edited:

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I despise Garrett and wish for his dismissal on a daily basis, but even I think this narrative is hilarious.

Moore will be a fine OC in this league one day, but to say he is going to call 16 perfect games in a season is asinine. Even guys like Bill Belichick have been out coached in numerous games during their careers.