Did Moore go to Jerry leading up to the Eagles?

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
People used to say bring in players during training camp help motivate the player he's trying to take the spot of. My response was very similar to yours. Hey if I need someone to motivate me I shouldn't be there in the first place maybe I'm just not explaining the type of motivation I'm asking for. Motivation controlling the chaos the testosterone the energy. Putting the team in perspective. I totally understand that is different than individual motivation. Maybe that's what you're not understanding why I'm saying it

Again, a coach can only do so much, give advice, say what you should or shouldn't do. They can't control a player's emotions. The coaches job is to get the players prepared so they play with confidence. Period. Of course there are things every coach does that helps the mental aspect of the players, such as bringing in HOF players to teach/speak about what it takes to win, team building activities etc.. but when the ball is kicked off, no players is thinking about what was said in some team inspirational meeting 3 months ago. Maybe we just have a different philosophy. I agree with Tom Landry who always said he didn't believe in Team Motivation, his job was to prepare the team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Guys, I think I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I'm a photographer and shoot celebrity weddings and do quite a few cowboys. I'm friends with an X tight end of the cowboys whom I shot his wedding. Anyway, he told me that he also confirms that Jason Garrett persuaded everyone including Jerry Jones that they needed to scheme to run the ball more because that was the identity of the team. Jason persuaded everyone in the organization that they had to get back to running the ball and playing closer to the vest. This started with the Saints game and filtered through the Jets game! Kellen Moore did indeed call plays and had more freedom the first three games according to the player that I will only refer to as his initials which is T.C, lets see if anyone can figure out.

So from all reports, the clapper did interfere and persuade, this I'm taking to the bank after my conversations with T.C.
I confirm your confirmation...my cousin't neighbor's son goes to school with this kid whose mom is neighbours with the janitor who works across the street from the stadium who is friends with the guy who cleans the seats in the stadium who over heard the same conversation...take it to the bank...guess what the kids's name is

johneric8

Reaction score
I confirm your confirmation...my cousin't neighbor's son goes to school with this kid whose mom is neighbours with the janitor who works across the street from the stadium who is friends with the guy who cleans the seats in the stadium who over heard the same conversation...take it to the bank...guess what the kids's name is

I get that it seems far fetched man take it for what it is I guess.. You have to remember that the players know what is going on behind closed doors and there are many of us whom have ties to these guys so it's very easy to get info or speculative theories.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Again, a coach can only do so much, give advice, say what you should or shouldn't do. They can't control a player's emotions. The coaches job is to get the players prepared so they play with confidence. Period. Of course there are things every coach does that helps the mental aspect of the players, such as bringing in HOF players to teach/speak about what it takes to win, team building activities etc.. but when the ball is kicked off, no players is thinking about what was said in some team inspirational meeting 3 months ago. Maybe we just have a different philosophy. I agree with Tom Landry who always said he didn't believe in Team Motivation, his job was to prepare the team.
Thornton Chandler? He was around in the 80's. Doubtful he would know much about what Garrett was saying considering Garrett wasnt even in Princeton yet.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
And for all the differing opinions the OP gave his. It WAS different period. Now was the result from execution, oline blocking, opponent tendency(Philly weak secondary) more motion and less predictable playcalling? Had there been a previous instance when Garrett was promoted from OC to HC that may have stirred suspicion based on curcumstance at the time? Seems like all valid and/or credible talking points for discussion as to why the offense looked different. It did. I don't have the answer either but I hope it stays the same.

Trips me out how opinions can't be shared in a civilized manner round here sometimes.

Totally agree with this post. Grow the *** up. Not you boxer rumble, lol.

Totally agree. Its what a forum is for, to express your opinions. I see way too many people get attacked (myself included) for having an opinion and if someone doesn’t agree, it’s a pretty harsh attack or insults are hurled.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There are things that work against certain defenses, but not others.
There are things that work with certain personnel, but not with backups who seldom see the field.
There are things that work in some stadiums that are quiet or filled with Cowboys fans that don’t work in loud stadiums.

Maybe there was less motion and shifting because we were playing with new receivers and one up from the practice squad, along with missing our best offensive linemen. Maybe the offense is simplified to avoid penalties when playing with inexperienced backups. Maybe it’s easier for backups to figure out blocking assignments when audibles aren’t happening at the last second and players around them aren’t moving and shifting. Maybe we kept things more basic on the road in a loud stadium vs a team that blitzes or disguises more than others. Maybe we forced the run from basic sets more on our side of the 50 to avoid the chance of young, inexperienced receivers not seeing what Dak sees, resulting in turnovers when we already know we can’t get in a TD race with so many scrubs playing and our QB getting killed on lots of drop backs. Maybe we ran into some defensive coordinator’s that challenged Moore and made him have some growing pains.

I think any of these reasons, and probably several others, are much more likely than Garrett stepping in to take over and sabotage an offense that had been winning and making him look good. That argument has no logic to it at all. Every coach, head, coordinator, and assistant, benefits from each other’s success and the team doing great things.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I get that it seems far fetched man take it for what it is I guess.. You have to remember that the players know what is going on behind closed doors and there are many of us whom have ties to these guys so it's very easy to get info or speculative theories.
How would an ex TE even know what’s going on or that Garrett went to Jerry to push for more running? The run game was at its best because of the passing game. No coach is going to see his offense dismantling other teams and bringing easy wins and suggest we change it....that’s just ridiculous. When Garrett was the OC, we slung the ball around more than I ever saw before or sense. That’s what you get with an ex QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no doubt....interesting that your source was the only player to come out and speak about this. conspiracy theories are abound and plenty...… I remember Patrick crayton who got cut from the team also speak negatively, TO routinely threw Romo under the bus.....sometimes there is a hidden agenda.....

Reaction score
Refer to Mike Zimmers 2017 team that played in the NFC Championship

lost franchise QB-Bridgewater-preseason
lost backup QB - Bradford- after trading a 1st for him/game 2
Started Case Keemun from game 2 to NFC Championship
Lost Dalvin Cook-game 2
replaced 4 of the 5 starting o linemen from the year before

Hmmmmmm...

The same Mike Zimmer that we ran out of town,,, lol, you can't make this up.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There are things that work against certain defenses, but not others.
There are things that work with certain personnel, but not with backups who seldom see the field.
There are things that work in some stadiums that are quiet or filled with Cowboys fans that don’t work in loud stadiums.

Maybe there was less motion and shifting because we were playing with new receivers and one up from the practice squad, along with missing our best offensive linemen. Maybe the offense is simplified to avoid penalties when playing with inexperienced backups. Maybe it’s easier for backups to figure out blocking assignments when audibles aren’t happening at the last second and players around them aren’t moving and shifting. Maybe we kept things more basic on the road in a loud stadium vs a team that blitzes or disguises more than others. Maybe we forced the run from basic sets more on our side of the 50 to avoid the chance of young, inexperienced receivers not seeing what Dak sees, resulting in turnovers when we already know we can’t get in a TD race with so many scrubs playing and our QB getting killed on lots of drop backs. Maybe we ran into some defensive coordinator’s that challenged Moore and made him have some growing pains.

I think any of these reasons, and probably several others, are much more likely than Garrett stepping in to take over and sabotage an offense that had been winning and making him look good. That argument has no logic to it at all. Every coach, head, coordinator, and assistant, benefits from each other’s success and the team doing great things.
:hammer:

I am not putting the issues past coaching and preparation which is their primary job. in the jets game we had a total meltdown on defense. the other team was calling out our simple defensive scheme. they knew both of our tackles are out, and they blitz the heck out of us and pressured Dak all day. Gallup had an awful game with the drops.....cooper went out early. cobb was out. offensively with 4 starters out, we scored 22. should be good enough to win...yet we gave up 24 and those long passing bombs...the secondary was awful.

against GB and Saints, the coaches made some questionable decisions...but they also put the players in position to win and they couldn't execute. perhaps they need to provide the players with more of those opportunities....but then again, good teams make the few plays that are available to them.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I totally disagree. Too many professional athletes tell me differently. Especially the younger ones

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I just took two Aleve for the headache the original post gave me.