Did Moore go to Jerry leading up to the Eagles?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And for all the differing opinions the OP gave his. It WAS different period. Now was the result from execution, oline blocking, opponent tendency(Philly weak secondary) more motion and less predictable playcalling? Had there been a previous instance when Garrett was promoted from OC to HC that may have stirred suspicion based on curcumstance at the time? Seems like all valid and/or credible talking points for discussion as to why the offense looked different. It did. I don't have the answer either but I hope it stays the same.

Trips me out how opinions can't be shared in a civilized manner round here sometimes.

Totally agree with this post. Grow the *** up. Not you boxer rumble, lol.
could the offense looking different have anything to do with players not dropping balls, and having your two starting tackles back and your best WR back and your slot WR back...just wondering if you expect the offense to execute the same way with and without injuries....not an excuse, but wondering!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
1. I think you need to go back and listen to what Tony actually said. He said as he reviewed the film of the games (all the games), that he saw some of the same concepts he ran back in 2007-2009. Years that were very productive offensively. He was not talking about the Jet's game specifically, he was talking this season, which includes the 3 games that we had won to that point as well. And he never said Boring.

2. It's amazing what an Offense can do when the OL is working. We ran the same plays against the Jets, they just didn't get blocked. We tried to run some longer developing plays like Play action but Dak was getting killed because no one was buying the run because the oL wasn't blocking well. It is all joined together.
you make too much sense...conspiracy theorists don't like logic...they want theories, they don't care about reality of a football and execution...like how man balls did Gallup drop ? or Cooper not making a crucial catch against GB....

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it is an emotional game. Can't play this game without it. But it's an inner motivation. Not an external one. I played this game a long time. Never once did a coach motivate me, what motivated me was: doing my best because that is what I expected out of me, doing everything I could to help the people around me, my brothers on the field and the name on the back of my jersey, not letting my family down. All that stuff before the kick off is just to get your mind right, but once the ball is kicked off, nothing anyone said or did leading up that point matters, it becomes your will vs their will, period. And if a player can't or won't take it upon themselves to not be out willed by their opponent, then no coach is going to change that.
Yeah what would happen if you were depressed before the game. Say your dog died that week. You think you stole can motivate yourself properly. Maybe you could. But I know many that can't. So I say again motivation is what has been lacking

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it is an emotional game. Can't play this game without it. But it's an inner motivation. Not an external one. I played this game a long time. Never once did a coach motivate me, what motivated me was: doing my best because that is what I expected out of me, doing everything I could to help the people around me, my brothers on the field and the name on the back of my jersey, not letting my family down. All that stuff before the kick off is just to get your mind right, but once the ball is kicked off, nothing anyone said or did leading up that point matters, it becomes your will vs their will, period. And if a player can't or won't take it upon themselves to not be out willed by their opponent, then no coach is going to change that.
I appreciate you taking the time for the response. But not everybody's like you I train with a 2 time Super Bowl running back. Team motivation was extremely important you're talkin individual motivation

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
and in the end, regardless of all the motions, options,bunch formations...it comes down to execution. not dropping balls when it hits your hand. running the correct route. blocking the man in front of you...bunch formation or not!!!

amazing...isn't it?

:thumbup:

"Amazing" what people will tell themselves to absolve coaching and playcalling of responsibility.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People used to say bring in players during training camp help motivate the player he's trying to take the spot of. My response was very similar to yours. Hey if I need someone to motivate me I shouldn't be there in the first place maybe I'm just not explaining the type of motivation I'm asking for. Motivation controlling the chaos the testosterone the energy. Putting the team in perspective. I totally understand that is different than individual motivation. Maybe that's what you're not understanding why I'm saying it

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Amazing" what people will tell themselves to absolve coaching and playcalling of responsibility.
Obviously if someone drops the ball that's not on coaching. But I say possibly it is. Because it comes down to concentration. And that's totally preparation. So in my opinion coaching has a bit to do with everything on that field no matter what happens

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Obviously if someone drops the ball that's not on coaching. But I say possibly it is. Because it comes down to concentration. And that's totally preparation. So in my opinion coaching has a bit to do with everything on that field no matter what happens

Call it a pet peeve of mine, when fans try to mention every dropped pales or false start as a reason to absolve coaching of any and all blame.

Nobody coaches undisciplined football, but they do coach AWAY from it. So yes, when they happen, they are STILL a reflection on the coaches.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this game they gave it all the y had the jets game they sucked a game they were outcoached badly a game that they should of won jobs were on the line and they knew it for players and coaches alike

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Call it a pet peeve of mine, when fans try to mention every dropped pales or false start as a reason to absolve coaching of any and all blame.

Nobody coaches undisciplined football, but they do coach AWAY from it. So yes, when they happen, they are STILL a reflection on the coaches.

I agree it is still their responsibility however I also expect players, many who are paid a hell of a lot more than the coaches to do their jobs. Coaches can do a lot but what they can't do is go out and execute the play that falls directly on the players. As far as I'm concerned there are no outs for coaches theirs is strictly winning and losing they are on the hook for loses and they deserve the credit for winning but the one thing they do not do is get on the field and make the plays

waldoputty

Reaction score
That game looked like the first 3. And please dont give me the whole Eagles are bad schtick. Leading up to that game we were going to get clobbered by Cox and co.

I noticed a lot more motion and deception. I honestly think Moore had enough and went to Jerry. Just my opinion but it looked like a different offense.

doubtful moore had to go to jerry.
i am sure jerry had a talk with the coaches.

there still does not seem to be much presnap motion.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Credit is due ....

Great job by Kellen Moore on sunday night , despite garrett's opposition .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That game looked like the first 3. And please dont give me the whole Eagles are bad schtick. Leading up to that game we were going to get clobbered by Cox and co.

I noticed a lot more motion and deception. I honestly think Moore had enough and went to Jerry. Just my opinion but it looked like a different offense.

The way that would work with the Cowboys in 2019 is likely that Stephen Jones would have a discussion with Garrett to find out why the play calling and play designs seemed different in games 4 to 6 than in game 1 to 3.

Before last season started, the Jones boys told Garrett that they wanted Linehan to live or die by the sword (i.e. Give Linehan full control which he had not had previously and if it failed they would not blame Garrett).

75boyz

Reaction score
could the offense looking different have anything to do with players not dropping balls, and having your two starting tackles back and your best WR back and your slot WR back...just wondering if you expect the offense to execute the same way with and without injuries....not an excuse, but wondering!!!

Refer to Mike Zimmers 2017 team that played in the NFC Championship

lost franchise QB-Bridgewater-preseason
lost backup QB - Bradford- after trading a 1st for him/game 2
Started Case Keemun from game 2 to NFC Championship
Lost Dalvin Cook-game 2
replaced 4 of the 5 starting o linemen from the year before

Hmmmmmm...

johneric8

Reaction score
Guys, I think I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I'm a photographer and shoot celebrity weddings and do quite a few cowboys. I'm friends with an X tight end of the cowboys whom I shot his wedding. Anyway, he told me that he also confirms that Jason Garrett persuaded everyone including Jerry Jones that they needed to scheme to run the ball more because that was the identity of the team. Jason persuaded everyone in the organization that they had to get back to running the ball and playing closer to the vest. This started with the Saints game and filtered through the Jets game! Kellen Moore did indeed call plays and had more freedom the first three games according to the player that I will only refer to as his initials which is T.C, lets see if anyone can figure out.

So from all reports, the clapper did interfere and persuade, this I'm taking to the bank after my conversations with T.C.

75boyz

Reaction score
Guys, I think I might be able to shed some light on this subject. I'm a photographer and shoot celebrity weddings and do quite a few cowboys. I'm friends with an X tight end of the cowboys whom I shot his wedding. Anyway, he told me that he also confirms that Jason Garrett persuaded everyone including Jerry Jones that they needed to scheme to run the ball more because that was the identity of the team. Jason persuaded everyone in the organization that they had to get back to running the ball and playing closer to the vest. This started with the Saints game and filtered through the Jets game! Kellen Moore did indeed call plays and had more freedom the first three games according to the player that I will only refer to as his initials which is T.C, lets see if anyone can figure out.

So from all reports, the clapper did interfere and persuade, this I'm taking to the bank after my conversations with T.C.

Love the inside info. Appreciate ya bro.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Ok ok.. It was me, I went to JJ and told him we wanted to go back to seeing more motion and misdirection. He said are you sure against the egirls. It’s a big game and a lot could go wrong. I said yes, it’s time.. He said Glim. You got it...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Refer to Mike Zimmers 2017 team that played in the NFC Championship

lost franchise QB-Bridgewater-preseason
lost backup QB - Bradford- after trading a 1st for him/game 2
Started Case Keemun from game 2 to NFC Championship
Lost Dalvin Cook-game 2
replaced 4 of the 5 starting o linemen from the year before

Hmmmmmm...
good job zimmer…..

I rather point to the norm than the exception...…

replacing and losing starters during the season are different.

I don't like our Norm...let me be very clear....

however, I don't absolve the players from the debacles we have seen. I blame coaching and preparation. however, there are plenty of examples in every game we lost this year, that the coaches put the team in position to win and we didn't exceute. when we don't execute consistently, there is got to be an underlying reason the coaches aren't seeing.