Did Parcells Ruin Romo?

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373223 said:
Am I the only one who saw the Pro Bowl, and thought, "Gosh, Tony looks BAD!"

He looked so flustered out there, I was embarasssed.

He couldn't seem to make up his mind when to throw the ball (ie. Bledsoe).

His throws seemed to be forced (ie. Bledsoe).

Was it the fact he had to learn a new playbook in a week or is he "RUINED" from all th "tough love" that the Tuna dished out to him everyday at practice and on gameday?

It was hard to listen to the fans booing Romo in the third quarter.
It was the FIRST time in the history of the Pro Bowl that a QB had ben booed. How sad!

Darn you, Parcells!

the only person who should be embarrassed is a certain someone's grammar teacher :rolleyes:

dwmyers

Reaction score
It was the FIRST time in the history of the Pro Bowl that a QB had ben booed. How sad!

Darn you, Parcells!

Parcells causes bad breath, tooth decay and flatulence too.

He causes trade deficits, bad bets and pigeon toes.

Parcells is the reason you can't get a date, and even the ones you ask are ugly.

:lmao2:

David.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
YoMick;1374038 said:
It was one game... how many good/great QB's have bad games during a 16 game season???? most of them!!!

Such overreaction and criticism if Tony doesnt complete a pass or if a defense executes on him once in a while...

It wasn't just one bad game. During December, Romo looked horrible. Remember the Saints game and the Eagles game. His arm looked really bad, his decisions even worse. He was missing on some throws that many college QBs are required to make. Even with all of that, he managed to being fumbling the ball at an alarming rate.

It wasn't one bad game.

I give him credit for playing well in the second half of the Colts game. He made some good plays to keep the ball and keep manning off of the feild late in the game. But..... Romo fans are quick to blame the defense for him loosing a game in which he fumbled four times, they should give the defense credit for winning that Colts game. Romo looked horrible in the first half. If the defense hadn't played lights out in that game, it would have gone the other way.

so, it wasn't just one game. Remember, he was embarassing the last month of the season to say the least.

Reaction score
Terence Newman700;1373230 said:
he will be fine..just watch n see how many people are loving him after we win the season opener...just relax...it was the probowl....

that would be nice...

seems like we haven't won one of those in a while.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
One thing for sure that I BELIEVE all ZONERS will agree on"

ROMO has MOXIE and is FUN to WATCH!

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1374158 said:
It wasn't just one bad game. During December, Romo looked horrible. Remember the Saints game and the Eagles game. His arm looked really bad, his decisions even worse. He was missing on some throws that many college QBs are required to make. Even with all of that, he managed to being fumbling the ball at an alarming rate.

It wasn't one bad game.

I give him credit for playing well in the second half of the Colts game. He made some good plays to keep the ball and keep manning off of the feild late in the game. But..... Romo fans are quick to blame the defense for him loosing a game in which he fumbled four times, they should give the defense credit for winning that Colts game. Romo looked horrible in the first half. If the defense hadn't played lights out in that game, it would have gone the other way.

so, it wasn't just one game. Remember, he was embarassing the last month of the season to say the least.

My response was to the probowl. THAT was one game.

Everyone played bad in the losses at the end of the year. Romo hardly had the ball against the Saints.... the Eagles game was bad.

Romo had a few bad games in a non-complete season whereas... some good/great QB's have bad games during a 16 game season. I already made this point in my post.

Peyton Manning had a subpar postseason. What would have said if Romo had those stats?? Manning wasnt really MVP of SB. He was actually on pace to INT'ing his way to a loss... then they gave the ball to the RB's... good call.

dfense

Reaction score

Was it the fact he had to learn a new playbook in a week or is he "RUINED" from all th "tough love" that the Tuna dished out to him everyday at practice and on gameday?

Darn you, Parcells!
I didn't see Parcells there. :bang2:

dfense

Reaction score

Darn you, Parcells!
I didn't see Parcells there. :bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Darn you, Parcells!

Give it a rest Parcells did not ruin anything this get to the point of ridicules. It was a stupid Pro Bowl game where Romo is not going to have the same type of timing with these WR as he would with his own.

ringmaster

Reaction score

Darn you, Parcells!
Yeah he's the worst Pro Bowl QB I've ever seen.:rolleyes:

ringmaster

Reaction score
CATCH17;1373255 said:
I agree but even thats a stretch.

If there is one thing i've learned since i've became a hardcore fan of NFL football its to not judge anything at all from the pre-season.

For example this past preseason. Romo was good in the pre-season but Bledsoe knocked his socks off. Bledsoe was clearly better in the preseason than Romo.

Anyone think Bledsoe is currently a better QB than Romo? Didnt think so.

Making conclusions one way or another in the pre-season is pretty dumb.
Great analysis remember the Saints game in the preseason where the Cowboys, dominated but only to get our ***** handed to us in the reg. season to the Saints.

Preseason games carry no merit whatsoever.

ringmaster

Reaction score
CATCH17;1373280 said:
Much less a guy who isnt used to the Routine like all those other guys were.

Im pretty sure Romo and Vince Young were the only QB's who havent gone to the Pro Bowl before.

For anyone whos ever played a lick of football at any level I dont think its possible to throw together an offense in 1 week with a bunch of guys rotating in and out and expect things to run smoothly.
Romo, played in Sean Payton's wide open offense for the first time and had to get the timing down with the likes of Steve Smith, Anquan Boldin, ect

Those guys running routes were foreign to him he didn't have Glenn, and T.O. to throw to so we as fans expected him to make mistakes and he did but he also brought them close to winning the game and that is good enough for me.

And the fans who booed him at the Pro Bowl, needs to be lined up and shot because that's all it was a "Pro Bowl" it carries no weight at all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I am one of Parcells' harshest critics on this forum. I don't hide the fact that I dislike him. He failed to live up to my expectations and I think he quit on us. In fact I think he waited until Mike Zimmer was hired elsewhere to step down because he didn't want him in particular succeeding him here with a team he knows is going to win. I can't prove that, but it is how I feel. I think he knew long before his e-mailed retirement that he was leaving.

Having said all of that I absolutely acknowledge that Bill Parcells did not ruin Tony Romo, in fact Romo is his creation. Any success that kid has had so far, (and I personally think it is a tremendous amount), and all he has in the future, are directly tied to the faith Parcells had in the kid and the coaching he made sure he got.

Ruin him? Not only no, hell no.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;1374686 said:
I am one of Parcells' harshest critics on this forum. I don't hide the fact that I dislike him. He failed to live up to my expectations and I think he quit on us. In fact I think he waited until Mike Zimmer was hired elsewhere to step down because he didn't want him in particular succeeding him here with a team he knows is going to win. I can't prove that, but it is how I feel. I think he knew long before his e-mailed retirement that he was leaving.

Having said all of that I absolutely acknowledge that Bill Parcells did not ruin Tony Romo, in fact Romo is his creation. Any success that kid has had so far, (and I personally think it is a tremendous amount), and all he has in the future, are directly tied to the faith Parcells had in the kid and the coaching he made sure he got.

can you give us a list of words we won't be "penalized" for that we can call posters who continue exhibit <insert one of those PC words here> tendencies, that will effectively describe an overall lack of thought, intelligence or otherwise? :)

Angus

Reaction score
Hostile;1374686 said:

Hostile, you've come a long way in your appreciation of Romo. I'm glad. And I agree with you that Parcells should be given much credit for Romo's development, but he waited too long to take advantage of it. If he had limited himself to being the head coach and let Payton be the offensive coordinator he could have been if given free reign, and not force-fed the 3-4 to Zimmer, he could have had Romo doing his thing a year earlier and been in the 2005 race at the end. The 2005 and 2006 December collapses can probably be attributed to his interfering ways.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Angus;1374749 said:
Hostile, you've come a long way in your appreciation of Romo. I'm glad. And I agree with you that Parcells should be given much credit for Romo's development, but he waited too long to take advantage of it. If he had limited himself to being the head coach and let Payton be the offensive coordinator he could have been if given free reign, and not force-fed the 3-4 to Zimmer, he could have had Romo doing his thing a year earlier and been in the 2005 race at the end. The 2005 and 2006 December collapses can probably be attributed to his interfering ways.
The only thing I've ever criticized about him was his arm strength and I am still saying he doesn't have a huge arm. I always said his accuracy and mobility was good. His leadership is something I wish we had heard more about before last year. The kid was great.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg;1374726 said:
can you give us a list of words we won't be "penalized" for that we can call posters who continue exhibit <insert one of those PC words here> tendencies, that will effectively describe an overall lack of thought, intelligence or otherwise? :)
Attack the ideas, not the posters sharing the ideas.

:wink2:

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;1374810 said:
The only thing I've ever criticized about him was his arm strength and I am still saying he doesn't have a huge arm. I always said his accuracy and mobility was good. His leadership is something I wish we had heard more about before last year. The kid was great.

It's a long way from where we were feeling about him after the NY debacle, when many informed us of what a great change his 3 INT performance was.

But his game came a long way since then, too. ;) Stoked for next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;1374814 said:
It's a long way from where we were feeling about him after the NY debacle, when many informed us of what a great change his 3 INT performance was.

But his game came a long way since then, too. ;) Stoked for next year.
Exactly. I don't praise a 3 INT game for anyone. I don't care if Bledsoe would have thrown 4 to his 3. It wasn't good enough. The next 5 games were magical and really made me enjoy the kid.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;1374812 said:
Attack the ideas, not the posters sharing the ideas.

:wink2:

if the idea is "idiotic" does that carry implications of warnings back in return?