Did Parcells Ruin Romo?

DizzG

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373873 said:
I predicted his crash and burn at least 3 months before he was laying on the field crying after he pulled off the biggest choke in decades in the NFL.

I'm not even going to get into the games he won 'single handidly' . I was to busy watching four fumble games.

The clock struck midnight on the kid, just like I predicted. I also predicted Parcells departure.

:lmao: :laugh2: :lmao: :laugh2:

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1373855 said:
Easy answer...

Bledsoe's QB rating last season = 69

Romo's QB rating last season = 95

Just so you know the bigger number is better.

In this case much better.

QB rating - most overrated stat in the NFL.

I'll take the stat that matters win/loss - Bledsoe 12-9 as a starter, Romo 6-6

LittleRed212

Reaction score
Yeah, enlighten us.

Heck, we won't even have to watch the games next season...we'll just get all our information from the psychics that post here!

Hunter71

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373873 said:
I predicted his crash and burn at least 3 months before he was laying on the field crying after he pulled off the biggest choke in decades in the NFL.

I'm not even going to get into the games he won 'single handidly' . I was to busy watching four fumble games.

The clock struck midnight on the kid, just like I predicted. I also predicted Parcells departure.

What crash and burn are you talking about?...

He ended up one of the highest rated QB's in the league and got his team to the playoffs...

Clock struck midnight?...

What are you, 12?...

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyBlog;1373838 said:
Message Board Romo fans seem to forget how bad he played in the last few games of the season.

Sure, if you dont want to base the evaluation on romo being booed at the pro bowl, how do you account for him being booed at Texas Stadium?

The clock struck midnight on the kid.

And Romo's numbers over the last four losses of the season?

70 for 123 for a completion percentage of 56.9% (by the way Drew Bledsoe's career completion percentage is 57.2%) and he tossed 5 TDs and gave up 4 picks. Romo also averaged 7.37 ypa during those four loses (Bledsoe has averaged a rather crummy 6.64 ypa during his entire career).

And before you start with the "turnover nonsense" Romo lost 2 fumbles over those 4 losses-- 2 fumbles lost. Bledsoe lost 8 fumbles in 16 games in 2005 and 3 fumbles in 6 games in 2006. And what did Romo lose? 2 in 4-- exactly the same ratio as Bledsoe.

DizzG

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373883 said:

the fact you are seriously touting Bledsoe last year over Romo has to mean either you didnt watch one game or are just a pointless troll

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
The more I think about - The more I believe that Parcells was FIRED by Jerry Jones, particulary for the decision to bench Bledsoe in the midst of a 3-2 start.

Parcells made a lot of dumb moves, and if Romo is the next Tom Brady than I highly doubt he would walk away on his own accord.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373894 said:
The more I think about - The more I believe that Parcells was FIRED by Jerry Jones, particulary for the decision to bench Bledsoe in the midst of a 3-2 start.

Parcells made a lot of dumb moves, and if Romo is the next Tom Brady than I highly doubt he would walk away on his own accord.

Sooooo.....That's why Jones hired Garrett to help develope Romo, come on man you can do better than that.

DizzG

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373894 said:

and it gets worse

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1373900 said:
Sooooo.....That's why Jones hired Garrett to help develope Romo, come on man you can do better than that.

Garrett is nothing more than another puppet for the front office - and to be honest his addition to the coaching staff really doesn't do much for me.

But maybe this is exactly what this team needs - One former back up QB developing another back up QB.

DizzG

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373909 said:
Garrett is nothing more than another puppet for the front office - and to be honest his addition to the coaching staff really doesn't do much for me.

But maybe this is exactly what this team needs - One former back up QB developing another back up QB.

so someone that was wanted by several other NFL teams and several college teams was brought in just to be a puppet? clearly people around the league that speak highly of the guy seem to know something you dont.

but most people know things you dont from the insane posts tonight

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Romo got the Cowboys into the playoffs in 2006...

The last team Bledsoe got into the playoffs-- the 1997 New England Patriots. True story.

By the way the first Giant game (loss) is officially credited to Bledsoe and not Romo. I figured I should tell you since you obviously don't know how the NFL works.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1373917 said:
Romo got the Cowboys into the playoffs in 2006...

The last team Bledsoe got into the playoffs-- the 1997 New England Patriots. True story.

By the way the first Giant game (loss) is officially credited to Bledsoe and not Romo. I figured I should tell you since you obviously don't know how the NFL works.

Bledsoe + Romo are responsible for the 9 wins that got the cowboys in.

Yes Romo didn't start the first NYG game - but he's responsible for that loss and the rest that followed.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score

Were you even watching the games Bledsoe played in, the bigger the game the bigger he sucked. But if you like sorry washed QBs then who am I to keep you from fruitlessly rooting for him to be the "GUY".

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HappySpermWhale;1373920 said:

Yes Romo didn't start the first NYG game - but he's responsible for that loss and the rest that followed.

Not according to the NFL.

Next...

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1373923 said:
Were you even watching the games Bledsoe played in, the bigger the game the bigger he sucked. But if you like sorry washed QBs then who am I to keep you from fruitlessly rooting for him to be the "GUY".

All I know is that Bledsoe didn't get blown out at home by the likes of the Saints, Eagles and Detroit Lions of all teams - to be honest though this really isn't about Bledsoe, it's about Parcells shoddy dealings and Romo's failure to deliver.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373920 said:

fishing expedition off Jersey coast.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373927 said:
All I know is that Bledsoe didn't get blown out at home by the likes of the Saints, Eagles and Detroit Lions of all teams - to be honest though this really isn't about Bledsoe, it's about Parcells shoddy dealings and Romo's failure to deliver.

How about that defense tanking at the end of the season, that didn't have anything to do with it, did it?:eek: You could put that on Big Bill, not Romo.;)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HappySpermWhale;1373927 said:

By the way I'm counting the days until Bledsoe is released...

And when he is, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and try to forget one of the saddest QB's ever to wear a Cowboy uni.

Even Quincy had a better QB rating than what Bledsoe did last year-- how does that make you feel? I bet a little less "happy" huh whale? :D