Did Parcells Ruin Romo?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1373933 said:
By the way I'm counting the days until Bledsoe is released...

And when he is, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and try to forget one of the saddest QB's ever to wear a Cowboy uni.

Even Quincy had a better QB rating than what Bledsoe did last year-- how does that make you feel? I bet a little less "happy" huh whale? :D

Ouch, Whale you better not touch this one, just walk away.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1373933 said:
By the way I'm counting the days until Bledsoe is released...

And when he is, I'm going to pour a glass of wine and try to forget one of the saddest QB's ever to wear a Cowboy uni.

Even Quincy had a better QB rating than what Bledsoe did last year-- how does that make you feel? I bet a little less "happy" huh whale? :D

Keep counting - but something tells me Wade Phillips/Jerry Jones are maneuvering as we speak.

We need a contingency plan for Romo - And I'd rather keep Bledsoe in the fold than take my chances with a Jake Plummer or David Carr.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe and Vinny. That's the biggest mistake Bill made - not bringing in any legit QB's. The best of the bunch was someone undrafted from a I-AA school. Hopefully he'll continue to progress, but that would be called getting lucky.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HappySpermWhale;1373938 said:
Keep counting - but something tells me Wade Phillips/Jerry Jones are maneuvering as we speak.

We need a contingency plan for Romo - And I'd rather keep Bledsoe in the fold than take my chances with a Jake Plummer or David Carr.

Bledsoe = unemployment

It has a nice ring to it. :)

cowboyz

Reaction score
carrie underwood did, and she didn't even have the decency to take him to the grammys

DizzG

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373945 said:
I have sources that have told me otherwise - but believe what you like.

you of all people dont have any sources. get real

Regar the Bold

Reaction score
How on earth could people not like what they see from Romo? I think he played great in the Pro bowl compared to the other quarterbacks.

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
VA Cowboy;1373940 said:
Bledsoe and Vinny. That's the biggest mistake Bill made - not bringing in any legit QB's. The best of the bunch was someone undrafted from a I-AA school. Hopefully he'll continue to progress, but that would be called getting lucky.

That might be the only lucky thing Jerry has (Romo). His management decisions usually wipe out any luck factor.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
DizzG;1373946 said:
you of all people dont have any sources. get real

I'm not going to elaborate specific detail on an online discussion forum - but let's just say that there is a lot of seaweed floating around the water I swim - and it's always full of useful information. ;-)

Bizwah

Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373927 said:
All I know is that Bledsoe didn't get blown out at home by the likes of the Saints, Eagles and Detroit Lions of all teams - to be honest though this really isn't about Bledsoe, it's about Parcells shoddy dealings and Romo's failure to deliver.

Did you even watch those games?

How can you blame them on Romo?

Our defense had more to do with those losses than Romo. We couldn't stop the Eagles and the Saints for anything. Romo was forced to throw. He was put in terrible positions by our defense.

And, we didn't get blown out vs the Lions. We lost by a TD, and it was Romo that led us on a great drive at the end of the game to get us in position to tie.

Now, I won't deny that he had a poor playoff game. But it was his first one. Folks tend to look over the fact that it was Romo's first season as a starter.

It's early to claim Romo as our next star, but it's equally too early to say that he's "ruined".

I remember number 8 having a crappy first time out as a playoff starter. Beurlien (however you spell it) led us to victory over the Bears. Many wanted him to start instead of Aikman against the Lions. We lost to them 38-6.

Shoot, many wondered if Aikman would ever make it. There was a controversy on whether to keep him or Walsh.

We were patient with Troy because we continued to see flashes of what he could do. We need to be patient with Romo.

Besides.....What's the alternative? a FA like Garcia? a draft pick? Bledsoe?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
HappySpermWhale;1373955 said:
... but let's just say that there is a lot of seaweed floating around the water I swim - and it's always full of useful information. ;-)
I think it's always full of sperm which is the reason for this nonsense. :D

Royal Laegotti

Reaction score
Bizwah;1373958 said:

Our defense had more to do with those losses than Romo. We couldn't stop the Eagles and the Saints for anything. Romo was forced to throw. He was put in terrible positions by our defense.

And, we didn't get blown out vs the Lions. We lost by a TD, and it was Romo that led us on a great drive at the end of the game to get us in position to tie.

Now, I won't deny that he had a poor playoff game. But it was his first one. Folks tend to look over the fact that it was Romo's first season as a starter.

It's early to claim Romo as our next star, but it's equally too early to say that he's "ruined".

I remember number 8 having a crappy first time out as a playoff starter. Beurlien (however you spell it) led us to victory over the Bears. Many wanted him to start instead of Aikman against the Lions. We lost to them 38-6.

Shoot, many wondered if Aikman would ever make it. There was a controversy on whether to keep him or Walsh.

We were patient with Troy because we continued to see flashes of what he could do. We need to be patient with Romo.

Aikman was out with injury that entire game against the Bears, he did spell Beurlein the next week against the Lions once the game was virtually over.

Aikman got hurt at RFK against the Redskids that year ('91) and didn't play again until the 2nd half of the Detriot playoff game.

Bizwah

Reaction score
SuperCows5Xs;1373967 said:
Aikman was out with injury that entire game against the Bears, he did spell Beurlein the next week against the Lions once the game was virtually over.

Aikman got hurt at RFK against the Redskids that year ('91) and didn't play again until the 2nd half of the Detriot playoff game.

I remember he was hurt.

There was controversy whether to play him or let Steve play.

Aikman didn't play well that game.....of course, none of us did.

CowboyBlog

Reaction score
Bizwah;1373958 said:

Aikman had a ton more Raw Talent in his first years than Romo will ever have. It wasn't about seeing "flashes".

Hunter71

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373978 said:
Aikman had a ton more Raw Talent in his first years than Romo will ever have. It wasn't about seeing "flashes".

And I'm sure you predicted Aikman's career as well...

Right, Nostradamus?...

Bizwah

Reaction score
CowboyBlog;1373978 said:

Absolutely he did....and more than likley he still does. That's why Aikman was the first overall pick.

But Aikman also had tough days. He also had people (fans and media...not the coaches necessarily) that doubted whether or not he would cut it as a player.

Romo has shown glimpses that he can be good. While he doesn't have Troy's talents, he does have talent. Very few QBs today can say that they have Aikman's talents....Manning, Palmer, any others?

But from a pure talent standpoint, Romo is every bit as good as Brees, Brady, and Bulger. Now, I'm not saying that Romo is as good as those guys, but he has the same skill set (arm strength, etc).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Fernando Fernandez;1373223 said:
Am I the only one who saw the Pro Bowl, and thought, "Gosh, Tony looks BAD!"

He looked so flustered out there, I was embarasssed.

He couldn't seem to make up his mind when to throw the ball (ie. Bledsoe).

His throws seemed to be forced (ie. Bledsoe).

Was it the fact he had to learn a new playbook in a week or is he "RUINED" from all th "tough love" that the Tuna dished out to him everyday at practice and on gameday?

It was hard to listen to the fans booing Romo in the third quarter.
It was the FIRST time in the history of the Pro Bowl that a QB had ben booed. How sad!

Darn you, Parcells!

It was one game... how many good/great QB's have bad games during a 16 game season???? most of them!!!

Such overreaction and criticism if Tony doesnt complete a pass or if a defense executes on him once in a while...

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
Bizwah;1373958 said:

Bottom line here - 1 win 4 losses down the stretch with Romo starting on a team that should have been no worse that 12-4 given the calibur of talent on the roster (Bledsoe, TO, Glenn, MB3)

There are alternatives (bledsoe, 1st/2nd round draft pick, trade, etc) but to rely on Romo is relying on a lot of luck and hoping the defense will get better.

HappySpermWhale

Reaction score
YoMick;1374038 said:
It was one game... how many good/great QB's have bad games during a 16 game season???? most of them!!!

Such overreaction and criticism if Tony doesnt complete a pass or if a defense executes on him once in a while...

But it's not just the pro bowl - Romo has digressed and has been very erratic costing the team down the stretch - culminating in the debacle at seattle.