did roy williams just show total no class?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
GTaylor said:
I think he's referring to a .doc - a Microsoft Word document, supposedly (If I read the post correctly) Roy wrote a message criticizing JJTaylor for his articles.

I'm listening to Galloway right now and so far no mention of this, had this really happened it would have made front page of ESPN (As we all know they love to spread the Cowboy-hate).

If valid, it would have made headlines somewhere...

so jjt (john jacques taylor) lied? the ticket lied? possible for a stunt, but i doubt jjt would be a part of it. and it just happened a few hours ago, so wait for the rush.

as for all those who don't know doc - document - some form of written communication - geez. this *is* a computer and not that uncommon an acrynom. as for the wav file - on another board where i posted the same thing so far everyone knows what i'm talking about.

then again, they're used to me.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
iceberg said:
he said he can count one hand the total number of big plays from him this year.

i do think we're not taking advantage of roy, but if he really did all this, man i lost of lot of resepect today.
Hey, maybe this will have the team steamin on the field as well.

They called JJT a "clockwatcher"?

ROFL!!!

Someone must be reading the "laziest sportwriter in the world" posts here. Then again, the players know better than we who the lazy arse scribes are.

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
iceberg said:
so jjt (john jacques taylor) lied? the ticket lied? possible for a stunt, but i doubt jjt would be a part of it. and it just happened a few hours ago, so wait for the rush.

as for all those who don't know doc - document - some form of written communication - geez. this *is* a computer and not that uncommon an acrynom. as for the wav file - on another board where i posted the same thing so far everyone knows what i'm talking about.

then again, they're used to me.

Well I'm not saying someone lied, in fact I'm still in shock that the ticket is talking sports.

However, had this occured during a press conference wouldn't you think this would have made headlines by now?? Again, not calling anyone a liar, just saying something doesn't look right...

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Hey, maybe this will have the team steamin on the field as well.

They called JJT a "clockwatcher"?

ROFL!!!

Someone must be reading the "laziest sportwriter in the world" posts here. Then again, the players know better than we who the lazy arse scribes are.

well, minus the "L" : )

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
This is funny. Media loves to bit the hand that feeds them.

uh, it seems to be one of the players sending out anonymous notes through the equipment guy that's biting some hands.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Sorry, but I will not box up my Roy Williams jersey because he may or may not have said something about a lowly beat writer. Some of you are going waaaay overboard with the "loss of respect" attitude. It's not like Roy Williams is Terrell Owens or something.

If anything, this situation, which is really not a situation in my opinion, could be used as motivation. Like it was mentioned earlier, maybe Parcells purposely planted this seed and is looking to find a spark in his team. Would not be surprised at all. Parcells has been racking his brain on ways to motivate his team. This could be one of em.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I don't see why this is any big deal. Players get upset at beat writers all the time.

Rocky

Reaction score
JJT says he wasn't bothered by the note except that it "demonstrated a total lack of creativity". LOL! The text of this is a knee-slapper and I assert that the note was penned by one who did not major in English or Linguisitics. That should narrow it down :)

The tone suggests that the author is intensely angry and I hope for JJT's sake that it's Billy Cundiff and not RW.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I don't see why this is any big deal. Players get upset at beat writers all the time.

do they post anonymous notes to the beat writer getting that degrading? you can't even talk that way to someone in here, but it's no big deal he got "called out" like that in front of all his peers by an anonymous player?

that seems a bit odd to me. maybe i am over-reacting, but i just can't respect that type of a "gutless" move. if you have a problem, take it on like a man and go work it out, not be 12.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Rocky said:
JJT says he wasn't bothered by the note except that it "demonstrated a total lack of creativity.

And Jean Jacques could recognize that?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rocky said:
JJT says he wasn't bothered by the note except that it "demonstrated a total lack of creativity". LOL! The text of this is a knee-slapper and I assert that the note was penned by one who did not major in English or Linguisitics. That should narrow it down :)

The tone suggests that the author is intensely angry and I hope for JJT's sake that it's Billy Cundiff and not RW.

yea, who knows what roy may want to do to him now! :)

Rocky

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I think what has everyone's underwear in a bunch is the manner in which it was posted in full view of JJT's peers( too maxamize the intended effect of humiliating him)

It's so poorly done that this dog won't hunt, though.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Geeze guys I am so pleasently suprised at the board.

We went FOUR pages without someone trying to blame this on Keyshawn!!

I figured we would have said,

"Wow, a nasty note, no english, must be Key"

Thanks guys!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rocky said:
I think what has everyone's underwear in a bunch is the manner in which it was posted in full view of JJT's peers( too maxamize the intended effect of humiliating him)

It's so poorly done that this dog won't hunt, though.

not signing it - whoever did it - is also pretty classless.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TheKey said:
Geeze guys I am so pleasently suprised at the board.

We went FOUR pages without someone trying to blame this on Keyshawn!!

I figured we would have said,

"Wow, a nasty note, no english, must be Key"

Thanks guys!

we're at 4 pages? SWEET!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
iceberg said:
do they post anonymous notes to the beat writer getting that degrading? you can't even talk that way to someone in here, but it's no big deal he got "called out" like that in front of all his peers by an anonymous player?

that seems a bit odd to me. maybe i am over-reacting, but i just can't respect that type of a "gutless" move. if you have a problem, take it on like a man and go work it out, not be 12.
I have seen beat writers replaced because teams en masse decided that they had goen too far and they wouldn't talk to that writer.

I imagine the players are already stinging from the lashings they are getting in film sessions and coaches meetings. Their nerves are going to be on edge and they are going to be cranky.

There is not much worse you can call a player than a thief. JJT was basically insinuating that those players are thieves because they aren't earning their money. If that player is having to do more than his assignment because of inept personnel around him and it is hurting their big play stats while saving the team I imagine that it could make the player a bit testy.

Writers are generally considered friends by the players because their articles introduce them to the fandom.

I do not know the body politic of JJT's writings about Roy, but if he has been critical of him ever since he was drafted maybe it was just the final straw.

All I know is this, no crime has been committed and if a pompous beat writer got his feathers ruffled so what? Dale has told me stuff about JJT that makes me think he's a jerk anyway.

No big deal to me if Roy jumped his butt.