did roy williams just show total no class?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
iceberg said:
qualified or not it is his job. you disagree, handle it better.

Yeah, Mr. Ethics over here! JJT in his little interview with "The Ticket" is acting like a little beotch, saying all kinds of crap and you seem fine with it. LOL I guess it's justified right? Go cry somewhere else. Maybe JJT has a fan club you can join.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
Yeah, Mr. Ethics over here! JJT in his little interview with "The Ticket" is acting like a little beotch, saying all kinds of crap and you seem fine with it. LOL I guess it's justified right? Go cry somewhere else. Maybe JJT has a fan club you can join.

you win dude. you're not hearing a thing i say just *****ing about what i say.

there's nothing to talk about here that the forum in itself will care about.

i'll be the bad guy, let's just move on, ok? if you need to tell me how stupid i am in my stance, do it offline from here.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
No need for namecalling. I more bada$$ then all of you. Don't make me go whoop all your a$$es.

Now, be nice. Debate like men, not little girls.

I don't condone (sp?) what Roy did, but we don't know if Roy did it so it's kind of hard to trash him. JJT said he "thinks" Roy was responsible. Well I think the lottery number for tomorrow are 8, 12, 22, 48, 88, and 54, but it doesn't mean I'm right.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack said:
No need for namecalling. I more bada$$ then all of you. Don't make me go whoop all your a$$es.

Now, be nice. Debate like men, not little girls.

I don't condone (sp?) what Roy did, but we don't know if Roy did it so it's kind of hard to trash him. JJT said he "thinks" Roy was responsible. Well I think the lottery number for tomorrow are 8, 12, 22, 48, 88, and 54, but it doesn't mean I'm right.

granted.

and not just because i love the dog pic!

i really hope i'm wrong. i really hope jjt is wrong. i'd love to eat some crow around this.

that said, whatever player did this is class 0 to me.;

ddh33

Reaction score
I wonder why some players don't like the media more?

I say this in all sincerity, understanding that the media has a job to do. But too many "journalists" are interested more in being news than reporting news. I think that bothers me more than anything else. Just give me the facts. In this case, Mr. taylor injected his opinion into this conversation - an opinion, by the way, that he is allowed to have. But this opinion may have affected his supposedly "unbiased" reporting of facts. If so, he better live with the fact that someone else can read his opinion and feel like he is a fool who knows nothing about football. That is his or her right.

To Mr. Taylor's credit, he says that he puts his name on everything he writes. The problem is that doesn't validate anything he says. It just says that he wrote it.

Many of us read his article about certain players who aren't earning their pay. Many of us disagreed with Roy being one of the names on the list. And by the way, he wasn't the only name on the list. There were other names who all had a motivation to make Mr. Taylor look silly. Personally, I don't think they need any help. Taylor can do that all on his own - just like every other person in the media - by making himself part of the news instead of just reporting it.

The sad thing is that this stuff happens in every sport every day. Each time, it makes me sick. I don't like the media being blamed for everything either, but sometimes, guys need to worry about doing their jobs instead of writing things to get a rise out of people.

But the bottom line is that this is a bottom line world. More newspaparers sell when an article is written that basically suggests that the Cowboys star isn't earning his money. That is what gets people's blood boiling. But Mr. Taylor would be naive to think that it wouldn't get the player's blood boiling just the same.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
there is not "bottom line" - you and i put that there.

we've got a lot of questions ahead of us. period.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
this whole scenario is laughable. how will roy escalate the feud? maybe place a "whoopee cushion" under the 'roid donut that's sure to be in jjtaylor's chair at his office desk at DMN? how will taylor get even? start tailing roy around dallas? find out if he has any unflattering off-field tendencies...

jimmy40

Reaction score
iceberg said:
talk on the ticket of a doc put up REALLY DOGGING JJT of the dmn for his critisizm of roy on the field this year. calling him a fa****, a ck watcher and that he needs to spend less time at mcdonalds and more time w/jarrod...

they think if not roy, roy had something to do with it. and if he did (jury out - i keep telling myself not to jump the gun) then i'm going to quietly put all 3 of my r williams jersey's in a box and he's going to have to work damn hard to ever make me wear the only number i ever have worn again.

ok, the scene as they described it on the ticket:

press conference was about to start and jjt was in there with everyone else. someone comes out no one has ever seen before and tapes 2 documents to two poles in the conference room and walks out saying "hey, don't shoot the messenger"...

all read it and jaws dropped. it's said to be about his mid-season grades and how the players (some of them) didn't approve of the critisizm. jjt suggested roy give some $ back to jones.

if he were a team player, give him back $50k or something just as a joke to take it and be a man.

i hope to god this isn't roy. i loved jjt's responses and how he's handling it. like he said, he signs his name every day to what he writes and comes out to talk to you about it the next day.

why didn't this person have the same "manhood"?

this should be interesting to find out who did this and what parcells does.
If we're reduced to worrying about what's going on between a player and a writer then this really is going to be a long season.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I wonder why some players don't like the media more?

I say this in all sincerity, understanding that the media has a job to do. But too many "journalists" are interested more in being news than reporting news. I think that bothers me more than anything else. Just give me the facts. In this case, Mr. taylor injected his opinion into this conversation - an opinion, by the way, that he is allowed to have. But this opinion may have affected his supposedly "unbiased" reporting of facts. If so, he better live with the fact that someone else can read his opinion and feel like he is a fool who knows nothing about football. That is his or her right.

To Mr. Taylor's credit, he says that he puts his name on everything he writes. The problem is that doesn't validate anything he says. It just says that he wrote it.

Many of us read his article about certain players who aren't earning their pay. Many of us disagreed with Roy being one of the names on the list. And by the way, he wasn't the only name on the list. There were other names who all had a motivation to make Mr. Taylor look silly. Personally, I don't think they need any help. Taylor can do that all on his own - just like every other person in the media - by making himself part of the news instead of just reporting it.

The sad thing is that this stuff happens in every sport every day. Each time, it makes me sick. I don't like the media being blamed for everything either, but sometimes, guys need to worry about doing their jobs instead of writing things to get a rise out of people.

But the bottom line is that this is a bottom line world. More newspaparers sell when an article is written that basically suggests that the Cowboys star isn't earning his money. That is what gets people's blood boiling. But Mr. Taylor would be naive to think that it wouldn't get the player's blood boiling just the same.

This is what the media does. They don't lie; they just don't include all of the information. To me, this is the same thing as lying because your intent is to mislead the public. Case in point, the media only reported that Parcells called his players stupid in his press conference last Sunday. What these writers didn't include was Parcell's statements blaming himself and the coaching staff on more than one occassion. They also didn't include the statement Parcells made that said the coaching was probably worse than the players execution.

Did the media include the entire diatribe related to the infamous: "We are playing stupid right now," of course not. They only included the parts related to Parcells calling his player's performance as being stupid. So it made the situation look a lot worse than it was. They did this to sell papers and get you to watch Sportscenter. Several fans reacted negatively to those statements without having the benefit of listening to the entire press conference. If I had not heard the entire speech, I might have thought Bill was being unfair too.

Reaction score
I feel bad for ROY and all our players on D who aren't being put in a position to win games and play to their strengths...

What a JOKE zimmy WUSS is should be JJT's next story...

But foolish fans/writers never go deeper then knowing why we don't get sacks, turnovers or win games...How easy, just blame ther players...

FIRE zimmy WUSS NOW and the TEAM gets much better that very second!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
If we're reduced to worrying about what's going on between a player and a writer then this really is going to be a long season.

welcome to a long season.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Well, JJT made alot of good points.....IF RW is such a great player, why doesn't he have an INT, Forced fumble or fumble recovery.

RW is probably my favorite player on the team, but JJT was right on this.....although, I believe that he hasn't been utilized correctly since he's been here.

They should just make him a linebacker.....imagine how many more people he would have a chance at putting out of games.

:D

Or maybe even SS........... :rolleyes:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Well, JJT made alot of good points.....IF RW is such a great player, why doesn't he have an INT, Forced fumble or fumble recovery.

RW is probably my favorite player on the team, but JJT was right on this.....although, I believe that he hasn't been utilized correctly since he's been here.

They should just make him a linebacker.....imagine how many more people he would have a chance at putting out of games.

:D
If you watched Roy last year against Miami where he was Ricky Williams' little b__itch, you wouldn't suggest he's tough enough for linebacker...Roy is great at wiping people out when they are vulnerable....he had multiple opportunities for collisions with Ricky last thanksgiving and went for the head dive at the ankles every time....he's a fine safety, but he couldn't cut it at LB.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Hollywood Henderson said:
I feel bad for ROY and all our players on D who aren't being put in a position to win games and play to their strengths...

What a JOKE zimmy WUSS is should be JJT's next story...

But foolish fans/writers never go deeper then knowing why we don't get sacks, turnovers or win games...How easy, just blame ther players...

FIRE zimmy WUSS NOW and the TEAM gets much better that very second!

Nope. Not a chance. You could bring in whoever you want. Until we get playmakers and get players to fit our defensive scheme, we will always have the same problems. Even Parcells has said this.

It's not Zimmer's fault.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
I can't believe I spent the last 5 minutes reading this crap. Big flippin deal. JJT is a crappy writer. I have always thought that. Now I think he's a whinny p***. And Iceberg, maybe you should make sure RW is the guilty party before you start cutting him down. As far as JJT giving RW a poor grade for his play, did he take into account the fact that he has been forced out of position due to injuries? I doubt it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
dozin@theknick said:
I can't believe I spent the last 5 minutes reading this crap. Big flippin deal. JJT is a crappy writer. I have always thought that. Now I think he's a whinny p***. And Iceberg, maybe you should make sure RW is the guilty party before you start cutting him down. As far as JJT giving RW a poor grade for his play, did he take into account the fact that he has been forced out of position due to injuries? I doubt it.

Very good post!