did roy williams just show total no class?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rocky said:
I think what has everyone's underwear in a bunch is the manner in which it was posted in full view of JJT's peers( too maxamize the intended effect of humiliating him)

It's so poorly done that this dog won't hunt, though.
Like Tuna has never dressed down a reporter for a stupid question?

People get upset by stuff written about them. Happens all the time.

It will blow over. Who knows maybe Roy (IF he did it, still just speculation right now) will play angry and make some Eagles pay.

Rocky

Reaction score
I just hope that this isn't a sign that this team is now completely unravelled...I do know that JJT had a discussion with Richie Anderson about his grades. RA handled it like an adult...these darn old men on this team! We need more Prima Donnas unaccustomed to a critical word.

Rocky

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Like Tuna has never dressed down a reporter for a stupid question?

People get upset by stuff written about them. Happens all the time.

It will blow over. Who knows maybe Roy (IF he did it, still just speculation right now) will play angry and make some Eagles pay.[/QUOTE

Yeah, I have hopefully considered that as well today

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
iceberg said:
then sign the note and own up to it.
If it's the anonymity that bothers you, iceberg, I think we can come up with a few hundred names from here to put on it.
:rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
If it's the anonymity that bothers you, iceberg, I think we can come up with a few hundred names from here to put on it.

heh, i take it not many care for old jjt. i don't ever read much of him but he was always an average writer or so when i did. what bothers me is how he handled a problem.

Rocky

Reaction score
And one last thing and I'll let this go, JJT brought up a valid and somewhat biting point, and that is why, when this team is performing so poorly, are they seemingly preoccupied with writers' opinions? Shouldn't their FULL focus be on the Beagles? It appears not and that doesn't bode well.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Mine right at the top. :D

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I was on RW site tonight and he has video highlights from his college days. Man he was a playmaker, I know this is why we drafted him, I thought he showed it his rookie year, but each year that has diminished. I hope he can find that playmaking ability fast ;)

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
I think it's about time players go after writers. Writers are not behind the scenes any longer. Some writers are as famous as the players. So those writers are public figures. If the writers can talk some smack, I don't see anythign wrong with Roy Williams talking a little smack in return. Good for him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
I think it's about time players go after writers. Writers are not behind the scenes any longer. Some writers are as famous as the players. So those writers are public figures. If the writers can talk some smack, I don't see anythign wrong with Roy Williams talking a little smack in return. Good for him.

of that i have no problem.

sign your work.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
What is the big deal? Was it childish? Yes. But please, let's not create something over nothing here. These things happen in pro sports, particularly with teams that are losing and to an extent embarassed. It's no big deal. JJT knows this and basically laughed it off. Good for him.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
JohnsKey19 said:
What is the big deal? Was it childish? Yes. But please, let's not create something over nothing here. These things happen in pro sports, particularly with teams that are losing and to an extent embarassed. It's no big deal. JJT knows this and basically laughed it off. Good for him.

maybe i'm disappointerd that roy stooped to this level. it *is* a big deal even if only to me. i find it so utterly ironicly odd that in a forum i could *never* speak to another member in the same fashion is easily condoned when you're not involved directly.

if roy had a problem with jjt, go work it out. pull a TO and be that type of player of you want. but TO never stood on the star with a paper bag on, he never signed a football from a sharpie from behind the curtain...

maybe this does happen all the time. but in all the time i've listened to sports radio and watched football, this is first for me.

i don't care what you think of jjt. that's irrelevant. how roy is handling his own actions is very relvant, even if just to me.

i break things down to a simple notion of "right/wrong" and what "this player" (not known to be roy yet, so i need to keep that in mind) did is wrong. how they did it isn't any form of "man" my father taught me, and if this player had a problem with JJT, come out and talk to him in a press conference and stand up for yourself.

there's no excuse to be a child when you're not.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Fletch said:
It's not like Roy Williams is Terrell Owens or something.

pespective man. maybe i'm more let down that others and i can understand why. i really believe in this kid. in that sense i hope he's being a kid and will grow up soon and "be a man".

and you're right. RW has a long way to fall to reach TO's level.

PlayMaker88

Reaction score
Why should any of us care what Roy does off the field? Emmitt and Troy are my 2 favorite Cowboys ever, and I have seen both of them do ******* things off the field. Who cares, besides fatass soccer playin non- football knowin JJT deserves what ever he gets......................

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
heh, maybe this is where i draw the line.

maybe it is because roy, if him, wouldn't put his name to his actions. maybe he will tomorrow.

i don't care who you hate - you don't act like a child and expect the respect of a man. you can't call people you don't like in here a "ck watcher" - so why is it ok now?

i don't care what jjt may have said or done, you don't respond that way or it only gets worse.

maybe i held roy higher than most just because of how much i repsect him. how much i love to watch him play. how much this UT fan can forget he's OU and still just rocks the house.

i can't picture troy or emmitt doing this. if they had something to say they'd say it and back it up. they'd be there for the fall out.

maybe it is me. but you don't do that to people. even the ones who may deserve it.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Perhaps JJT could practice what he preaches and give some cash back to DMN for his crappy journalism.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
StarKist said:
Perhaps JJT could practice what he preaches and give some cash back to DMN for his crappy journalism.

wouldn't he be fired by now if that were the case? as a journalism minor, (long ago, in a town so very small from here) you don't keep your job if you can't do it.

from every other aspect that still seems to apply.

i don't care what jjt did to get "called out" - the way it happened was lack of class, lack of balls, and like jjt said, lack of creativity.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
1. JJT isn't qualified enough to be handing out "Grades" pertaining to how guys have played this season.

2. He is right, though, that you can count how many plays Roy has made this year on one hand. Don't worry about the writer, worry about the Eagles (and the teams we play the rest of the season).

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack said:
1. JJT isn't qualified enough to be handing out "Grades" pertaining to how guys have played this season.

2. He is right, though, that you can count how many plays Roy has made this year on one hand. Don't worry about the writer, worry about the Eagles (and the teams we play the rest of the season).

qualified or not it is his job. you disagree, handle it better.