Did the Cowboys Get Better or Worse After This Draft?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I stopped reading your response after the first sentence.
All you want to do is insult. Not worth my time. And you are wrong.
How is saying you're not football stupid an insult? I'm giving you credit for knowing football. I'm not interested in insulting people. I'm sorry if you feel otherwise.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Since we lost in the first round of the playoffs, I don’t see how we can be any worse unless we have a disastrous season and only win 5 games.

quickccc

Reaction score
You can count subtracting players like Cooper, Collins, Wilson, Turner, et al.

I'm asking you if we're better or worse after the draft, including after the free agent moves we've made compared to last year.

I think we'll be a little better on offense, mostly because of Smith, and Tolbert.

And I think Sam Williams will make the defense in the top 5, especially if we solidify our LB and secondary positions.
The more I look at this line, and the guys coming back from last year the more I like the defense.

At this stage and early point, we appear to be a lesser team than last year.

- Though Cooper was not an elite WR, he still was a former Pro Bowler both with Raiders and Cowboys, and that skill and experience means something.

- And we dunno how the rookie Tolbert is gonna hit the ground running as a starter Game one - Reg season (until Gally's return)

- Gally will eventually return but we dunno if he will return to form

- Gregory was a better player and starter than Dorace Armstrong,...

- Sam I Am is another “ potential “ guy, who I think will be brought along gradually as a nickel rush guy to preserve him as a rookie, and he shows-improves vs run.
I cannot get overboard because he’s going against Josh Ball and Matt Walesko
Until he does emerge, I think we’re limited at DE. Dunno what to expect from Fowler, but especially given his resume and we got him for cheap, I liked the Fowler signing.

- I can only " hope" Tyler Smith will be better his rookie year at OG than Conner Williams. but he's learning a different position- different techniques, he's learning line calls, assignments, connecting rapport with his fellow teammates so i cannot say it's an instant right away stamp of improvement.
Camp vs Regular season is a whole different matter, and he’s not face the stunts and twists, delay overload blitzes yet.
i think that's gonna take some patient and adjustment time (which some fans have very little)

- Steele as a 16 game starter, he'll be counted on more heavily to handle top tier edge rushers by himself without double teams, chip help, especially

during the last two minute hurry ups. It would tremendously if we regain a very effective run game

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I think a lot of it depends on Tyler Smith, Tolbert, Washington and Williams.

We have some new guys that have the potential to be better than our older guys. It's possible we don't see that big of a drop of in production without Gregory and that we actually get better than last year. Same with the Cooper to Tolbert.

I also think we wait to see if we'll sign FAs to fill holes in our team after the season starts.

Flamma

Reaction score
You can count subtracting players like Cooper, Collins, Wilson, Turner, et al.

I'm asking you if we're better or worse after the draft, including after the free agent moves we've made compared to last year.

I think we'll be a little better on offense, mostly because of Smith, and Tolbert.

And I think Sam Williams will make the defense in the top 5, especially if we solidify our LB and secondary positions. The more I look at this line, and the guys coming back from last year the more I like the defense.

This guy is pretty good, he puts in a lot of work. The good news about this video is that the Cowboys are up first, so you don't have to watch 35 minutes. The bad news is that it isn't pretty.