Did the Cowboys tank yesterday?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
As I watched (disgusted) yesterday's game and saw just how pervasive the lethargy and half-assed efforts were across the board on this team I found myself wondering? Was this done on purpose? Could Mike McCarthy be like me in that he doesn't trust this team when it's riding high and the media is all caressing their ..er.. private parts. Could he had instructed both coordinators to present a preseason level game plan and really never put much into the game? If it had been one side of the ball I might feel differently.. but the defensive effort was sporadic, the special teams were horrible.. the receivers dropped balls, the QB was off, the backs looked like they were running in quicksand and my lord, the offensive line looked like they would struggle to block Baylor.

Everybody stunk.. If it wasn't an outright tank then they need to get the name of whoever catered the pregame meal and never use them again and never stay at whatever hotel they stayed at again either. If it wasn't taking, food poisoning or somebody pulling the fire alarm at 3 am, then this team will have a short visit to the playoffs if it can't play about 20,000 miles above what they showed us yesterday.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I honestly think part of its human nature. Let’s be realstic they had nothing to play for. Even if there was a slight chance they could win something.

Their performance yesterday means nothing to me. I mean last year they were ok late in the year and laid an egg against SF.

Just go out and play good football next week

Doomsday101

Reaction score
As I watched (disgusted) yesterday's game and saw just how pervasive the lethargy and half-assed efforts were across the board on this team I found myself wondering? Was this done on purpose? Could Mike McCarthy be like me in that he doesn't trust this team when it's riding high and the media is all caressing their ..er.. private parts. Could he had instructed both coordinators to present a preseason level game plan and really never put much into the game? If it had been one side of the ball I might feel differently.. but the defensive effort was sporadic, the special teams were horrible.. the receivers dropped balls, the QB was off, the backs looked like they were running in quicksand and my lord, the offensive line looked like they would struggle to block Baylor.

Everybody stunk.. If it wasn't an outright tank then they need to get the name of whoever catered the pregame meal and never use them again and never stay at whatever hotel they stayed at again either. If it wasn't taking, food poisoning or somebody pulling the fire alarm at 3 am, then this team will have a short visit to the playoffs if it can't play about 20,000 miles above what they showed us yesterday.
I know Cowboys can play much better than they did, they looked pathetic out there yesterday and I don't think this was by design. I also do not expect this kind of play next week.

JayFord

Reaction score
tank isnt the right word...

i personally think the gameplan was vanilla....and the offense didnt care....Defense actually played well for how many times washington started in their own territory

personally to me its a throw away game...throw the tape away and move on its not worth looking at or discussing

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
tank isnt the right word...

i personally think the gameplan was vanilla....and the offense didnt care....Defense actually played well for how many times washington started in their own territory

personally to me its a throw away game...throw the tape away and move on its not worth looking at or discussing
Can we throw away more than just the tape? :eek:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
McCarthy was asked the question did the team come out and play so poorly due to the fact of having zero faith in the Giants back ups ability to beat the Eagles. Next week is going to answer the question of whether or not the Cowboys were mentally just checked out against the Commanders, by looking ahead to Tampa. Or if this is going to be another season of them being one and done.

DrunkWithPower

Reaction score
I think regardless of how bad we played in the first half, there was no way the scores of the other two games didn't make it into the locker room. At that point the 5th seed was almost a lock the second half was no better than the first. I for one wish we had a little more pride, but this has been the MO of the Cowboys for the last 25+ years. PLay reasonably well to great during the first three quarters of the season, tail off at the end, and tank in the playoffs if we made them. We just turn into a low-energy unprepared team by the end of the season. I wish it were different, and I hope this season is different. However, you can't say we haven't seen this before - different players year after year but the same result.