CZ POLL Did you agree with the decision to kick the field goal at the end of the game? **merged**

Did you agree with the decision to kick the field goal at the end of the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Yep
BTW this was like a Do over moment for the way the GB game ended.

Dallas scored and by the internets ruling too soon against Green bay. tonight they didnt get in and although crazy and insane the defense held up and they won.
Yep, and that is why you would never ask anybody to take a a knee at the one to let time run off the clock when you need a TD.

Nav22

Reaction score
Go for it. QB sneak.

Worst case scenario, we pin Oakland inside their own 1.

aikemirv

Reaction score
wow, 50% of this board thinks it was a bad decision to take the lead with under 2 minutes to go in the game? It was 100% the right call. There is absolutely no doubt about it. You kick that FG 100 out of 100 times. I am in complete disbelief this is even a debate or question. Wow is all I can say.

To be fair, I don't think they are saying it was bad decision to kick the FG. Just that they would have chosen the other one. It is easy to say go for it when you really don't have to make the decision or don't face repercussions. It would have, however, been a bad decision to go for it, no matter the outcome. That is just not smart football; especially the way we performed on Dak's sneak and the run before.

Proof

Reaction score
We went with our strength and ran it down there instead of getting cute. We failed.
FG was the right call, win or lose.

I feel confident that there’s not a coach in the NFL who wouldn’t have kicked the go ahead FG after getting stuffed. Only fans want to go for it.

This is where I’m at. And I really don’t understand the logic behind saying you go for it because the D can’t stop them. If that’s the case you definitely take the points or you risk making their job that much easier. If all they have to do is kick a fg to win

Status
Not open for further replies.