CFZ Did you find the draft a pain to watch?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did and that was the cure for me. It was torture of the senses.

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

OK, thanks for letting me rant it out, I feel much better knowing so many care.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expectations. You have to consider what you are going into and set them accordingly. The overcommercialized NFL is going to put on a show and air a ton of commercials. Bad and overly loud music. Terribly dressed players. Over analysis. Pretty much the worst case scenero. Expect it going in and you won't be disappointed.

P.S. It won't be any better tonight.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Horrible coverage. They've turned the draft into a circus that's more for the several thousand fans in attendance than the millions watching from home. 10 minutes should mean 10 freaking minutes. I wanted to fist fight Booger McFarland before the whole thing was over and if I see the kid who announced the Jets pick in a dark alley he's in trouble.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
long day East coast. Went to bed about pick 14 and looked again at pick 30. Just caught up this morning.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I watched it on the Tubi app NFL channel and they had separate coverage offset thankfully. That crowd does get old fast.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I went to the draft party, and they didn't show picks 4-10 because they had to have some terrible live "country" music. I came to watch the Draft, Jerry, not a promotional party for the ACM Awards.

CowboyDAK

Reaction score
I used to watch it on the nfl network more than espn. Usually watched it with my father who passed away last week, so I’ve been dealing with family and really just kept up on Google this year. Cant remember the last time I didn’t watch the cowboys make a live pick until yesterday.

Carson

Reaction score
I used to watch it on the nfl network more than espn. Usually watched it with my father who passed away last week, so I’ve been dealing with family and really just kept up on Google this year. Cant remember the last time I didn’t watch the cowboys make a live pick until yesterday.
Prayers and condolences to your family my friend!

My mother and father were big Panther fans living in Charlotte. My mother passed away 3 years ago and my father hasn’t watched a game since.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

The televised NFL draft has become boring to me as well. Having it take 3 days is a complete over-hype. The first round taking nearly 4 hours is pretentious and bloated.

I actually enjoy the complete comedy of the silly fan base representation at these events with their cheers or boos after each pick, as if the middle aged guy in the too-small jersey is actually some kind of talent evaluator. Now THAT is funny.

Days 2 and 3 are better than round one because the picks come fast and furious.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Yeah the draft has become unwatchable to me, and it's getting to the point where the NFL starts to lose credibility in my eyes. You have ESPN and NFL Network saying teams are still on the clock and making their decisions for several minutes after the pick was actually in and already reported by multiple sources.

Even if they would just be honest about what they're doing and let the world know the pick has been made but they need an excuse to get the next commercial in, or a certain network needed more time to get their segment in on player X it would be so much better.

Carson

Reaction score
The televised NFL draft has become boring to me as well. Having it take 3 days is a complete over-hype. The first round taking nearly 4 hours is pretentious and bloated.

I actually enjoy the complete comedy of the silly fan base representation at these events with their cheers or boos after each pick, as if the middle aged guy in the too-small jersey is actually some kind of talent evaluator. Now THAT is funny.

Days 2 and 3 are better than round one because the picks come fast and furious.
That’s my favorite part. The 78 year old guy in the Jaguars jersey cheering for Ebenezer Sandwich from a Community College and cheering like they won the Super Bowl

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Hadn’t watched in years, but was actually excited to watch this year because the Eagles had 2 first round picks.

Was so happy the Eagles traded up a pick so I could turn it off, it’s unwatchable!
Just waited for the alert on pick 30.
Never again!

ICP

Reaction score
I usually just follow the picks on my phone as I really just can't stand the site of Goodell. This year though was the best. I totally forgot it about it and didn't remember until the wife and I got home from our Costco trip so I just looked up the pick summary and grades for each team on a few sites then came here to see the what everyone was thinking.

Reaction score

This was the best 1st round draft I've ever seen. So many trades and unexpected picks. Great stuff!

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Watching live TV and listening to AM/FM radio is now a bit overstimulating to me.

Traditional broadcast strategy to keep viewer attention seems to be "overwhelm the senses"

Disclaimer: I'm getting older every day, so that's probably factor