CFZ Did you find the draft a pain to watch?

rambo2

Reaction score
I did and that was the cure for me. It was torture of the senses.

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

OK, thanks for letting me rant it out, I feel much better knowing so many care.
You can watch the Cowboys draft show with no breaks. It is very good.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Couldn't watch the circus any longer than 10 picks. It's just annoying these clowns continue to run their mouth when the pick is in. Then it takes another 5 min for the commish to come out with it. And that's if they don't run a a 4 min commercial.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if they are wrong about where the players are drafted or the teams needs they still have more knowledge of these players than the average fan.
Some folks are so very easily entertained. They will watch anything.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
What was up with them delaying the pick announcement for so long? And I guess they also told espn and NFLN to not focus or speak on the bad things players have done off the field. They wanted to keep it all positive

Gambit

Reaction score
Horrible coverage. They've turned the draft into a circus that's more for the several thousand fans in attendance than the millions watching from home. 10 minutes should mean 10 freaking minutes. I wanted to fist fight Booger McFarland before the whole thing was over and if I see the kid who announced the Jets pick in a dark alley he's in trouble.
I officially loathe the Jets. And that made it even worse.

erod

Reaction score
That broadcast like like a typical day in America these days.

All chatter, no substance, focus of a gnat.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Serious question........why do you guys watch it? I watched the first 10 picks and the Cowboy's pick but checked my phone for all other picks. I'm older, so a lot of the side stuff doesn't interest me but that's me. Hell, a couple of nephews loved every a min of it and were still talking about it this morning. Honestly, I don't care, it's the world we are living in. Here is a clip from the 1995 draft.........what is the difference from then to now.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes.

Do it over a weekend. Go back to NYC. Rounds 1-3 Saturday night starting at 5. Rounds 4-7 Sunday afternoon.

Sydla

Reaction score
Serious question........why do you guys watch it? I watched the first 10 picks and the Cowboy's pick but checked my phone for all other picks. I'm older, so a lot of the side stuff doesn't interest me but that's me. Hell, a couple of nephews loved every a min of it and were still talking about it this morning. Honestly, I don't care, it's the world we are living in. Here is a clip from the 1995 draft.........what is the difference from then to now.

Pretty much what I did. I watched the first few picks, was bored out of my skull so flipped it off. Checked phone and when Dallas was on the board, I turned back to ESPN. Saw the pick, watched a minute of analysis from the guys and then turned it off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was us football nerds who built this and now it’s so mainstream that it’s a joke.

Day 2 and 3 is still for us draft needs though.

pancakeman

Reaction score
The delay between "pick is in" and its announcement was infuriating. Time elapsing while a team is on the clock is necessary and sometimes even suspenseful, but time spent just waiting for a submitted pick to be announced is a maddening waste.

Sydla

Reaction score
It was us football nerds who built this and now it’s so mainstream that it’s a joke.

Day 2 and 3 is still for us draft needs though.
I think I actually like Day 2 the best. More manuevering, more picks and you still pretty much know most of the guys getting picked. Once you get to Day 3, the draft doesn't really follow a pattern as the boards get so wild from team to team, you might know much about the guys being picked, etc. Like it's entertaining to see somebody pop into the 1st round that might have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder by most draft guys but if a guy goes in the 5th who was pegged as a 6th or 7th round guy, who really cares?

That's why I'd love to just combine Day 1 and Day 2. It would be awesome.

Flamma

Reaction score
I did and that was the cure for me. It was torture of the senses.

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

OK, thanks for letting me rant it out, I feel much better knowing so many care.
I was watching Voch on his stream. I only turned up the volume on the TV when the Commish was walking out to make the pick. Then back down it went.

I too was a little aggravated at commercial after commercial while reading, the pick is in.

starfan1

Reaction score
I aint lying I hung in until pick 12 then said Ill check tmrw.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I didn't pay much attention to the broadcast in between picks, was listening to tunes and reading chat then turned up the volume when it was time to announce a pick. Didn't pay much attention to the broadcast in-between picks so it was fine....lol

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
It's terrible...but probably dominated the ratings so they keep winning. At some point in the future they will probably make it a multiple night primetime event, at least for rounds 1-4 (Mon-Thurs). They will stretch it out to make it a week-long experience, especially now that a different city hosts it each year.

Aven8

Reaction score
I watched Mel and it seemed all over the place. Miss Radio City Music Hall. Sorry I’m a traditionalist when it comes to football.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Pretty evident they were trying to fill (television) time. They sell so many paid commercial spots and need to get all those commercials in, so they string it out.
And the local station sells local spots and need to get those in as well.

By the 15th pick I'd quit watching. Opened the draft at NFL.com and Cowboyzone. Read the comments here.
It still seemed to drag, but there was no unwanted noise.
Risen keep a pretty rhythmic commentary and the occasional humor (Booger and Stephen studying the delivery app and calling Doordash), etc.
I don't think I missed anything important doing it that way. And I avoided being inundated with the ads.