CFZ Did you find the draft a pain to watch?

Verdict

Reaction score
I did and that was the cure for me. It was torture of the senses.

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

OK, thanks for letting me rant it out, I feel much better knowing so many care.
I love the draft. But there was way too much BS mixed in with the actual football stuff.

I don’t care about their stories other than a brief statement about how it might affect a players draft stock. I can do without all the social BS and the feel good fluff.

It was better with Mayock as a talking head. He helped make it interesting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Mel and it seemed all over the place. Miss Radio City Music Hall. Sorry I’m a traditionalist when it comes to football.
I flipped and both panels looked really frustrated with the music being so loud between picks. I thought Eisen was going to run to the stage to strangle the cover guy singing Sweet Caroline...so good, so good, so good, so good, etc to the infinite.

It all had a very amateur feel to it on both nets but very representative of the NFL. It's not about football anymore, Dorothy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have turned it into a circus. Very hard to watch, at times pathetic.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I used to watch it on the nfl network more than espn. Usually watched it with my father who passed away last week, so I’ve been dealing with family and really just kept up on Google this year. Cant remember the last time I didn’t watch the cowboys make a live pick until yesterday.
Hugs, bro.

John813

Reaction score
I don't watch it. Just watch the ticker on espn.com and circle back here

shabazz

Reaction score

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

I’d rather pass a stone through Hank Hills narrow urethra than watch the pre-draft crap

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The last time I watched a draft was when the first round started on Saturday morning.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I just stopped watching. The commercials are just completely out of control. And when it’s not commercials, it rarely has anything to do with football. The entire time between picks used to be spent breaking down players and picks. Now it’s and overproduced TikTok video.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
Yep, it's great while it's fresh but if you have any left might as well toss it cuz it's like eating cardboard the next day
Yes, that's true. I'll stop and get one after work when the wifey doesnt want to cook. I like those chicken bakes, too!

DandyDon52

Reaction score

The youtube streams are different, I found one that was ok, no music lol, had some made up fan idiots early, saw the giants pick.
So it depends how you choose to watch it.
The one I am watching for rd 2 -3 is just a report type show, with some analysis and comments on picks, and good details on trades.
it is yt stream too.

bigE79

Reaction score

I used to love the draft, when it was 2 days, Saturday and Sunday, when it was only on ESPN, before all the pomp and circumstance and stupidity,that was in the 80s and 90s..it's just a **** show now.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Nothing is worse than listening to that idiot Pearson carry on when you want to hear the pick. I dislike that clown even more than I did before.

CWR

Reaction score

This has actually been the most boring draft I can recall in some time.

Shane612

Reaction score
I don't know how some of you can sit for hours watching this stuff. Or how some of you study up on a lot of potential draft picks.
Me, I don't care how the sausage is made.
Just wake me up when the regular season starts.