CFZ Did you find the draft a pain to watch?

ksadler1

Reaction score
I've never had the patience to watch the draft. I just check in on my phone every once in a while to see who got who. To be honest, l rely on you guys to tell me about the players because l really don't follow college ball. I was surprised by our 1st pick but relieved they didn't waste the pick on a TE...

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was an exciting draft. We guessed some right, got some surprised moves, saw a few guys fall.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was bouncing back and forth and found there was a contest going on to see which could ask the just drafted player the dumbest question and after much deliberation, I called it a tie.

And I am sure those ladies hated asking those questions as much as I hated hearing them.

CB0711

Reaction score
I had to keep the sound off. Tried listening for a little while and it was just unbearable.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was bouncing back and forth and found there was a contest going on to see which could ask the just drafted player the dumbest question and after much deliberation, I called it a tie.

And I am sure those ladies hated asking those questions as much as I hated hearing them.
I like Susie. My fav football babe. I’d kiss her too just like Broadway. Lol

Although I wasn’t crazy about what she’s done to her hair. Too straight.

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s been this way for a long time. I do like to see the reaction of the players and their families. It’s a huge moment for them and the deep dive into these players is nice to see.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
PAIN TO WATCH?

Indeed. I find all the chatter by the talking heads to be soooooooo boring. Now, I understand that the teams need times between picks to conduct business....make a final decision on who to select and consider last minute trade offers. But we are not privy to any of that juicy stuff. All we get is mouthy "experts" who know no more than the average fan. I prefer to look at the list of who was chosen after the end of the day. I checked the first round early this morn and thought, "OK...now let's see what they got on the field. Enough of the chatter and opinions."

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It has suffered the same bloating as SB pre shows have. I waited until the last minute to start watching so I could skip all the bread and circus acts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
PAIN TO WATCH?

Indeed. I find all the chatter by the talking heads to be soooooooo boring. Now, I understand that the teams need times between picks to conduct business....make a final decision on who to select and consider last minute trade offers. But we are not privy to any of that juicy stuff. All we get is mouthy "experts" who know no more than the average fan. I prefer to look at the list of who was chosen after the end of the day. I checked the first round early this morn and thought, "OK...now let's see what they got on the field. Enough of the chatter and opinions."
I seriously doubt the average fan has as much knowledge on these players as Kiper.

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
I seriously doubt the average fan has as much knowledge on these players as Kiper.
These players and Kiper sure seem to be wrong a lot....or at least I am told they are. I have better things to do than listen to all that senseless filler between picks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
These players and Kiper sure seem to be wrong a lot....or at least I am told they are. I have better things to do than listen to all that senseless filler between picks.
Doesn’t matter if they are wrong about where the players are drafted or the teams needs they still have more knowledge of these players than the average fan.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Expectations. You have to consider what you are going into and set them accordingly. The overcommercialized NFL is going to put on a show and air a ton of commercials. Bad and overly loud music. Terribly dressed players. Over analysis. Pretty much the worst case scenero. Expect it going in and you won't be disappointed.

P.S. It won't be any better tonight.
The draft room for Dallas needs to move up to where their level of candidates are more than what slides down!

BermyStar

Reaction score
So it didn't bother me so much for a few reasons.

1. I was watching on Sky (UK Network) so it was the NFLN feed but entirely different commercials.
  2. I muted all commercials, and most of the actual TV presentation because I had the Draft Show feed on the laptop and 105.3 The Fan on the Cell
  3. My wife was watching and she has been into football more and more every year so explaining some of the processes to her was kinda fun....and we also critiqued the outfit choices lol....I'm old school, so the sneakers with suits and all the glitter, glamour and other is wierd to me. Loved Levis wearing a good suit with a clean pair of dress shoes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I stopped watching most of the pre-draft coverage a few years ago because it’s turned into an evening at the Oscars. Walking players down the red carpet woth some of the ridiculous outfits they’re wearing coupled with all the interviews and live entertainment has become tiring. It’s become a real prime time extravaganza. I miss the way the draft used to be.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I did and that was the cure for me. It was torture of the senses.

If you watched any of the earlier pre-draft stuff, you know that they knew those overly loud cover bands were going to be a problem and you could see it on the faces of the analysts trying to talk over it. Eisen even mentioned it several times. They could have moved the sets, they had time.

Then for some well-known reason, they began stretching the commercial breaks, even missing the Giants live pick, and it was nothing but a cacophony of bad music, commercials and the poor analysts trying to sell us this was an interesting draft. It was, without a doubt, the worst one I have ever sat through and I kept asking myself why am I doing this? Is watching adults dressed as trick or treaters yelling into the camera really that entertaining?

Then the answer came, masochism. Evidently, I needed this punishment. The only thing that would have really perfected the evening was for the Cowboys to have traded out of the 1st after I'd spent a miserable 4 hours watching instant millionaires, mostly dressed by blind people in dark closets, answer stupid questions.

There was one silver lining. I was glad Levis was getting passed on because looking at his sisters was the highlight of the draft. Hubba, hubba, they can call me Bubba.

OK, thanks for letting me rant it out, I feel much better knowing so many care.
I just couldn't force myself to watch the NFL once again go off script. They need to stick with what got them where they are today and that's football and leave all the fluff in the closet.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Booger McFarland is awful. He doesn't know anything off the top of his head and was completely reliant on notes to make points. He doesn't belong next to Kiper. It should be Riddick, McShay, Kiper, and Greenie.
Can't stand to listen to him as a game analyst either. Drives me bonkers. Have to turn down the sound.