Did You Guys Hear Keyshawn on MNF Countdown??

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
He says that he has a nickname for Roy Williams........"Pump-Fake"........Keyshawn is so filled with envy that it's not even funny.......Parcells just looked at him like he wanted to pop him upside his head......

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Keyshawn is still mad at the Cowboys for having to spend a year in Exile in Carolina.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
that is not funny.....Key, will get his and I am going to laugh when it happens.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Keyshawn does seem to rag on alot of our players but the man is entitled to his opinion.

He has a reputation for being a hater and the vitriol he spews is not limited to the Cowboys.

Anybody remember the Bucs/Colts MNF Game a couple of years ago when Marvin Harrison was having a sub-par night and Keyshawn was on the sidelines sarcastically saying, "Marvin Harrison gets all of his yards on screen passes" and Marvin Harrison ended up torching the Bucs?

John Madden even opined that Keyshawn was way off base with that comment.

- Mike G.

superpunk

Reaction score
He's on the show because he has a big mouth.

You're not supposed to be intrigued by his commentary, you're supposed to be inflamed.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I forgot to add, I also so him totally blow it and forget who the Cowboys played on Thursday.

He was trying to make a point about the Cowboys and frantically turns towards Bill Parcells and goes, "Quickley...Who did they play last". Everybody goes, "Who" and Keyshawn goes, "Who did the Cowboys play last time" and Chris Burman bails him out and says, 'The Jets" and goes on to say, "Keyshawn just had too much turkey and it is affecting his memory".

odog422

Reaction score
Last night he tried to say NE came out flat against Philly. He was kindly refuted by Jackson and more directly, Berman. Both saying Reid and J. Johnson - rightly so - should receive a lot of credit for an excellent gameplan that probably shouldv'e won them the game.

On a personal note, am I not the only one who wondered why Philly was trying to score quickly and why Feeley kept trying to throw outside when all their success was coming on the in routes? And that last pass was horrific - hardly a chance in h*** of completing it. And if by some miracle you do, you give NE the ball back with 2-3 min and almost all their timeouts. Nuts.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
But just like for his whole career, it's obvious what's up with Keyshawn. He's an egotisitical blowhard who's said inane things like he's the best receiver in football. This with Rice still in the league.

It's obvious where he's coming from and it's more for entertainment value than anything salient. Everyone know's he's bitter and his ignorance of it just makes it that much funnier.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I am dissapointed in Tom Jackson also. He continues to take cheap shots at Roy Williams. I dont even understand why? Tom Jackson should look at the secondary duo on his beloved Broncos to see really terrible safeties. Those two guys arent half the player roy williams is.

as far as keyshawn goes, he continues to make a fool of himself. He is on a panel with a bunch of hall of fame players and he acts like they are all a part of this inner circle, except he will never sniff the hall of fame. He really comes off as a dopey jealous guy.

KEy and jackson have really gone out of their way each week to attack roy, and none of it is warranted. It really is pathetic.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1792594 said:
that is not funny.....Key, will get his and I am going to laugh when it happens.

Are you going to put a contract out on him, CC?:eek::

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
theebs;1792637 said:
I am dissapointed in Tom Jackson also. He continues to take cheap shots at Roy Williams. I dont even understand why? Tom Jackson should look at the secondary duo on his beloved Broncos to see really terrible safeties. Those two guys arent half the player roy williams is.

as far as keyshawn goes, he continues to make a fool of himself. He is on a panel with a bunch of hall of fame players and he acts like they are all a part of this inner circle, except he will never sniff the hall of fame. He really comes off as a dopey jealous guy.

KEy and jackson have really gone out of their way each week to attack roy, and none of it is warranted. It really is pathetic.

Thanks for the post on T.J. I was so apalled by Key's words that I overlooked the enthusiasm T.J. showed for his input on Roy Williams coverage ability. Actually Boomer was the one that opened up the can of worms by saying "Favre can throw the ball down the middle really well"....

DTK

Reaction score
I think its funny how these guys keep saying we can be beat deep down the middle because of our safeties, most notably Roy Williams. Yet, other than the first game and the Pats game, we haven't been beat deep down the middle. Am I wrong on this?

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
superpunk;1792606 said:
He's on the show because he has a big mouth.

You're not supposed to be intrigued by his commentary, you're supposed to be inflamed.

Hey, somebody gets it!

Every day multiple people start threads about how upset they are by what some mediot said about our team or players. WHO CARES?!!!!!

Keyshawn and ALL of the other talking heads on ALL of the sports shows and in ALL of the newspapers, and on ALL of the radio talk shows get paid to be controversial so why are people continually surprised and upset by what they say? It is their freakin job to say stuff like that!

Why people put so much stock into what these morons say is beyond me.
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
He also talked for about the hundredth time -- along with Parcells -- about our lack of depth at corner being our undoing. He and the old coach are *still* irritated that we cut Aaron Glenn.

But Keyshawn is just on there to be Bill's caddy. He never had much actual insight to offer.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1792594 said:

It already did. He was talking big about how he was going to help Dwayne Jarrett become a real NFL receiver. Little did he know that they drafted Jarrett to replace his sorry ***! :lmao2:

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
THUMPER;1792662 said:
Hey, somebody gets it!

Every day multiple people start threads about how upset they are by what some mediot said about our team or players. WHO CARES?!!!!!

Keyshawn and ALL of the other talking heads on ALL of the sports shows and in ALL of the newspapers, and on ALL of the radio talk shows get paid to be controversial so why are people continually surprised and upset by what they say? It is their freakin job to say stuff like that!

Why people put so much stock into what these morons say is beyond me.
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Dude, last I heard this was a message board and people are entitled to post whatever they feel. Everyone knows that the analysts get paid to be controversial, however when it comes to beating a dead horse we as fans can be controversial. If you get tired of it personally, then maybe you shouldn't react to it. JMHO
Everyone knows that Key is jealous because he's not "big enough" for the ride....it's not about him getting paid, it's about him being jealous of T.O. taking his spot

superpunk

Reaction score
I do feel that he tries to pick on Emmitt excessively. And Emmitt is meek, so he just kind of ignores it, and moves on while Keyshawn shouts his head off.

It would be nice if once Emmitt just broke off with a tirade. "Do you know who I am? All time rushing leader! I have records and three championships, son. Don't talk back to me again. You aren't fit to lick my jock."

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
superpunk;1792685 said:
I do feel that he tries to pick on Emmitt excessively. And Emmitt is meek, so he just kind of ignores it, and moves on while Keyshawn shouts his head off.

It would be nice if once Emmitt just broke off with a tirade. "Do you know who I am? All time rushing leader! I have records and three championships, son. Don't talk back to me again. You aren't fit to lick my jock."

:laugh2:

Bull Frog

Reaction score
He also said Romo has never played in a big game and Romo idolizes Favre. He thinks Romo will try to hard to keep up with Favre and do something stupid. I never questioned Keyshawn's effort when he was here, but he has no love for Dallas. He was just another Parcell's mercenary.