Did you guys know Romo though 09-16 won 15 games?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rocyaice, Jan 25, 2020.

1. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

39,943 Messages
    33,216 Likes Received
    Huh? Very little time? There was plenty of time.

2. blumayne38

blumayne38 Well-Known Member

3,510 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    Let’s see which Romo record Dak breaks in his tenure here in Dallas. I’m thinking it gonna be yards with all the garbage time. :muttley:

3. rocyaice

39,943 Messages
    33,216 Likes Received
    Huh? Romo ain’t breaking nothing but his back if he comes back to play. He may break the bank on his next contract. I’m happy for him. That’s his lane. Being a analyst.

keysersoze likes this.
  4. weaver21

weaver21 Well-Known Member

1,020 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    I don't understand this obsession with bringing up Romo all the damn time on here. The dude is retired and is enjoying a helluva career in the booth. I feel like the Romo haters have just a hard time letting go of their hatred for him as the Romo lovers do defending him. I loved Romo and enjoyed watching him play, but the guy has been retired for 3 years now. The comparisons between him and Dak are just silly and need to stop. Romo haters need to stop getting triggered when someone compliments him and the same goes for the "Romo lovers" or whatever you want to call those people when people hate on him. Dak is our quarterback and probably going to be for the next several years so let's focus on hoping he keeps improving and helps lead us to a Super Bowl.

Roland and Master22 like this.
  5. Master22

Master22 Active Member

80 Messages
    108 Likes Received
    Sad that when you have a thread that mentions Romo there’s a small group that comes in for the anti Romo circle jerk. See a Dak thread it’s the same, anti Dak. Don’t understand why people
    Can’t see how fortunate we have been I have QB’s of their talents.

6. blumayne38

3,510 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    Romo coming back?

7. blumayne38

3,510 Messages
    2,323 Likes Received
    It’s called dysfunctional, welcome to the Dallas Cowboys

8. rocyaice

39,943 Messages
    33,216 Likes Received
    Yeah. Next season. Come back to save all Romosexuals from abscurity.

keysersoze likes this.
  9. Captain-Crash

Captain-Crash Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    8,196 Likes Received
    oh, the romo obsession to prop up dak.

10. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,629 Messages
    18,121 Likes Received
    Will be hard to break Romo’s garbage time yards. Romo was one of the greatest garbage time QBs ever. I believe his fans have referred to it as “I never felt we were out of a game when Romo was the QB”. Translation: garbage time! Dude was masterful at carving up a prevent defense.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    keysersoze and KMY_Amber like this.
  11. KMY_Amber

KMY_Amber Well-Known Member

533 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    So very true. A LOT of 4th quarter, helter-skelter yardage during the Romo years. Exciting, but never was going to be a consistent formula for winning. But, hey, the stats look great! Best Cowboys QB ever!

Aviano90 and keysersoze like this.
  12. keysersoze

keysersoze Well-Known Member

2,256 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    Hahahahaha!!! Hypocrisy and amnesia are quite a pair! LMAO

rocyaice likes this.
  13. keysersoze

2,256 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Aviano90 likes this.
  14. keysersoze

2,256 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

15. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,629 Messages
    18,121 Likes Received
    And another favorite is the touting of Romo’s 4th quarter comebacks when most of them were against teams with a losing record. It wasn’t like he was leading 4th quarter comebacks against good teams.

These Romo-hanger ons don’t realize that almost every one of their attempted slams on Dak just highlights the same problems Romo had as well. The only one that they can point to is a bad dry spell in 2017 in points scored that Romo didn’t have.

But I’ll be happy to remind them when they want to be overly critical of Dak.

keysersoze likes this.
  16. keysersoze

2,256 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    You are absolutely right. But hey!!! There’s no agenda

Aviano90 likes this.
  17. weaver21

weaver21 Well-Known Member

1,020 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Why let it bother you man? No one's going to change your opinion of Romo and their opinion isn't going to change either. You're just saying the same thing over and over and what does it achieve? Romo ain't here anymore and I think it's time people just stop talking about him. I don't mean to crash your party or anything lol but it just buggles my mind seeing all this Romo stuff when the guy's been retired for three years now.

Aviano90 and Captain-Crash like this.
  18. Aviano90

Aviano90 Go Seahawks!!!

12,629 Messages
    18,121 Likes Received
    It doesn’t bother me. I don’t mind playing the game they want to play. I mean, if we are going to be critical of QBs, let’s judge them by the same criteria.

But you’re wrong about nobody changing my mind on Romo. I was a huge Romo fan when he was the QB here. My fellow Romo fans are actually the ones who helped me change my mind on Romo with their hypocrisy demonstrated beginning in 2016 and their insistence on making him out to be a much better QB than he actually was.

keysersoze likes this.
  19. keysersoze

2,256 Messages
    1,937 Likes Received
    You know why. Don’t play dumb

20. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

14,697 Messages
    7,387 Likes Received
    Like I said, take the average rankings of Romo's defenses and compare them to Dak's. You're being purposefully obtuse.

blumayne38 likes this.