Difference in fans

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump
Have you even looked to see what S And CB’s are still available?

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Bet ya Zeke and Coop are both gone in 2 years... this is a fast moving game.

Ugh. That’s a lot of dead cap money there. I think it will take more than 2 years but I somewhat agree with you.

John813

Reaction score
He was BPA. Henderson and Kinlaw weren't on the board either.

Terrell was the #3 CB and he was just taken before the Cowboys.

Cowboys feel good with Gregory and Smith at RDE. Safety talent still exists in the 2nd, along with corners.

I didn't care for a WR in the draft before it started but Lamb was by far and away the BPA.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No I just think you take an top 10 talent when it's staring you in the face. If Henderson fell to 17 I would have been happy taking him, but that isn't how the board fell.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Lamb isn’t just a slot WR. He is an elite talent.

I laugh at statements like that. The majority of players ANY college player plays against never even make it to an NFL training camp let alone an actual roster. So a college player MAY BE an elite talent against players who will never play in the NFL, but we all will have to wait and see what he does against actual NFL talent. The list is a mile long of players drafted in the 1st round or any round that turned out to be busts but were just raved about while in college. Now I hope Lamb is all of that, but to proclaim now, today that he's an elite talent is just plain silly.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who would you have taken instead?
Something to consider while awaiting a reply:

5:11 AM -
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump
5:08 AM -
Adams the safety... trade your first

best safety this team has had since woody hung up the cleats

Cmac

Reaction score
Dallas isn't a draft away. The draft is for the future not the upcoming season. I wanted defense with the first 3 picks but I'm not mad they took lamb. Just hope he can stay healthy and Dallas actually uses him.
Are we second-guessing already......JJ is not done. Draft's not over.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What also bothers me is the Zeke investment. Have get him the ball 25 times a game for that to make any sense.

Can we just forget about the contract and let the new coach run the team and see what happens?
I'd lay money it's at least 20 more toward 25 per.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't blame the boys for getting the most talented player on the board. It sucks though as wr is not a big need. Ceedee does not turn this offense into some juggernaut like some suggest but neither does picking any remaining CB. Wr is a long term addition that should really benefit us 2-3 years later.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
That is what the NFL is all about. They have made the rules impossible to play defense to promote more scoring and better fantasy numbers. The NFL is an entertainment business they know what drives ratings. They know exactly what they are doing. Have they deyroyed the sport? They sure have.
Was gonna post something similar. Can't afford to draft CB who is gonna struggle considering all the rules that shackle him in this league no matter how much talent he has. Game is definitely imbalanced favoring offense.

DJordan23

Reaction score
There will be no reply, or I should say reply worthy of response.
Lamb was a great pick, let the uninformed second guess this pick when the man turns out to be our "best" WR in a couple years, if not sooner.
Head shaker how fans don't understand talent when its staring them in the face, and they want to complain..lol
See what you did there @Typhus..."sooner" as in Oklahoma Sooner. Best Player Available at #17

JReed1000

Reaction score
Sometimes overthinking hurts your brain. Dallas made the right pick. The difference makers on Defense were already taken. Nobody and I mean nobody thought Lamb would make it out of the top 12 picks. The logic you use is stupid. Dallas will draft defense the next 4 rounds. Also why complain about Zeke and Coopers contract unless you could predict the future. Defense is a priority but Dallas would have been stupid to let Lamb fall to the Eagles. Dude is a true #1 receiver and you complaining. Jesus....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Cowboys did the right thing here. When an elite level player is there, you take him regardless of need.

The secondary benefit is that CD is likely an Eagle had the Cowboys passed. Eagles take a small WR with significant drop issues. He probably ends up as a kick returner when all is said and done.
So, if there was an Elite RB sitting there we take him?

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Best Player Available unless there is absolutely no need at the position.

cowboygo

Reaction score

Chaisson wasn't making a big impact year 1. Gallup's contract ends in 2 years, we fixed a future problem, while securing what most thought as being the best WR in the draft. A slot WR is a starter in today's NFL, plus Lamb can be moved all around, Cooper can slide in the slot as well. McCarthy and Moore will do wonders with this offense, and if we can get a good lead, we can make teams one dimensional.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Its about long term drafting and acquiring studs. Not short term, we are winning the SB thinking like what you are doing.

I wanted defense too, but this was 100% the right pick. Also plenty of good defenders left.

cowboygo

Reaction score
I laugh at statements like that. The majority of players ANY college player plays against never even make it to an NFL training camp let alone an actual roster. So a college player MAY BE an elite talent against players who will never play in the NFL, but we all will have to wait and see what he does against actual NFL talent. The list is a mile long of players drafted in the 1st round or any round that turned out to be busts but were just raved about while in college. Now I hope Lamb is all of that, but to proclaim now, today that he's an elite talent is just plain silly.
he is an elite talent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The question nobody can answer that opposes this selection.
SF jumped us and took Kinlaw, … Chaisson was there,, so that will be their answer.

Kinlaw was the pick that screwed us. But getting Lamb is an unreal break.