Difference in fans

blueblood70

Reaction score
What also bothers me is the Zeke investment. Have get him the ball 25 times a game for that to make any sense.
are you serious no Zekes a weapon in the backfield regardless of carries and in the pass game, he can be used like Cook and CM but the old regime were vanilla in thinking zekes just battering ram, hes not..

, he and pollard will benefit running out of 3 WR spread with true weapons this opens uio the run game big time..the surprise dump offs and quick hitters , a fresh zeke when we need games to bang and win especially the playoffs is good thing,.,.funny Tom Landry out Tony on a snap count but somehow Zeke is a waste?trust me it adds to Zekes skillset not knowing when and if we are goig to run out of spreads..this isnt Gretat and SL teams brah new ERA new shcemes and a mad scientist to mix it up..MM is drooling over what he can do with Gallup, AC, CEEDEE, Pollard and Zeke add in Jarwin ..smh think outside the box, you are stuck in the garett era..think big not small

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That is what the NFL is all about. They have made the rules impossible to play defense to promote more scoring and better fantasy numbers. The NFL is an entertainment business they know what drives ratings. They know exactly what they are doing. Have they deyroyed the sport? They sure have.
Then why do you still watch?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
are you serious no Zekes a weapon in the backfield regardless of carries and in the pass game, he can be used like Cook and CM but the old regime were vanilla in thinking zekes just battering ram, hes not..

, he and pollard will benefit running out of 3 WR spread with true weapons this opens uio the run game big time..the surprise dump offs and quick hitters , a fresh zeke when we need games to bang and win especially the playoffs is good thing,.,.funny Tom Landry out Tony on a snap count but somehow Zeke is a waste?trust me it adds to Zekes skillset not knowing when and if we are goig to run out of spreads..this isnt Gretat and SL teams brah new ERA new shcemes and a mad scientist to mix it up..MM is drooling over what he can do with Gallup, AC, CEEDEE, Pollard and Zeke add in Jarwin ..smh think outside the box, you are stuck in the garett era..think big not small
Ignore him. He’s just a troll.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump
The defense got a huge upgrade when Rod walked out the door., with a stout DL, we'll be fine.
It starts and ends up front.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I am not arguing Zeke is a weapon. Talented player for sure. I am arguing the merits of paying big money for a RB. Especially one with maturity issues.

Big_D

Reaction score
You didn’t watch the offense disappear in Philly? They went best available and got a top 10 talent. Drafting for need doesn’t always work and this guy should have an immediate impact. It’s year 1. Find a FA, make a trade. You’re not going to fill every hole in the draft AND they have 6 picks left!

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was hoping for Chaisson also. But - it looks like they will light other teams up in the passing game.
If there were any legit arguments to not take Lamb, they were to take Chaisson or to trade down and get 2 players for pick 17.
Otherwise, the value was overwhelming to just take the player.
WR was by far not my favorite choice at 17....not even close. But it was a slight need and the value was insane.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Whether people like it or not, THIS IS AN OFFENSIVE LEAGUE!!!
NFL rules are designed to cater toward offenses.
Who had the better defense in the Super Bowl - KC or SF?
Who won the Super Bowl - KC or SF?

CeeDee on this offense makes it even more potent. If you can score 50 points a game, you don't need a legendary defense.
Besides, if CeeDee is the best player available, you take him. We've been burned reaching for players who fulfill a need.

Last edited:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
By far the highest-rated player left on your board at a position of need, you don't pass on him.

If the Falcons had taken Lamb, there is no doubt in my mind that Chaisson would have been the pick, not a DB.

Swanny

Reaction score
Then why do you still watch?
I don't. I do watch the Cowboys when they are on locally in WI. If they aren't I'm not watching. I was once a complete NFL junky and still addicted to this site. And I still play in 1 FF league because I paid for 10 seasons in advance (long story). So I study FF numbers on the internet and watch the Cowboys when I can.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump
One, he's not just a slot WR. Let's not make it seem this kid is somehow limited. They just got the best Wr in the draft at 17! We have linemen and the high-end corners were gone.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
he is an elite talent.

In college, but most people that think will wait until he does something in the NFL before proclaiming him elite in the NFL. Again I hope he becomes great or elite in the NFL but he's got to prove it before anointing him.

dwreck27

Reaction score
One, he's not just a slot WR. Let's not make it seem this kid is somehow limited. They just got the best Wr in the draft at 17! We have linemen and the high-end corners were gone.

We have cooper and Gallup

two established starters... he’s a slot guy for this team for at least 2 years if we move on from Gallup (likely)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We have cooper and Gallup

two established starters... he’s a slot guy for this team for at least 2 years if we move on from Gallup (likely)
That's to be determined. Lamb is just as productive inside as he is outside. Cooper also can play the slot. Lamb is not hogtied to slot and only slot.
Having 3 high level WRs who are versatile is an incredible advantage.
I have no idea what point you were trying to make with regard to what happens in 2 years.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Too early.

You guys coincidentally did this when we passed up Ridley and addressed receiver in the 3rd round that year. You never know what these guys will do.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

Meh

ICP

Reaction score
Who would you have taken instead?
This was the problem. The board just didn't fall the Cowboys direction when it came to CB's. I'm not a huge fan of the pick at all but who else was there to take?