Difference in fans

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
The Cowboys would have regretted passing on Lamb for the next 7 or so years if they had passed on him. He was the Eagles main target and would have drastically improved their offense. Killed two birds with one stone by taking him. They set up the beat wr group in the league and denied our main division rival of his services.

conner01

Reaction score
I just think a safety is a later round pick. He'd have to be all world to justify a top half of the first round pick on him.

McKinney ran a 4.64 at the combine and is only 200 lbs. The next 3 safeties behind him are all faster and weigh 15-20 lbs more.
My favorite safety in the draft is Winfield
But don’t think he falls to 51
But my point was I wanted to boost the defense but lamb was too good to pass up

Oneiros

Reaction score
Apparently the OP has yet to review of all the defensive studs that have dropped to the second round, and some could potentially be there in the third as well.

Yeah, I agree that we need to address the defense and you'll likely see just that today.

At the end of the day when you have talent like Lamb's that falls into your lap, you jump on it and don't think twice about it.

Oh, and KC's offense says hello.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I am not arguing Zeke is a weapon. Talented player for sure. I am arguing the merits of paying big money for a RB. Especially one with maturity issues.
SMH move on from this..he signed and can be a major weapon still ,..stop the BS arguments about a past signing thats not changing..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
SMH move on from this..he signed and can be a major weapon still ,..stop the BS arguments about a past signing thats not changing..

So you are the arbiter of what’s BS? A pig with lipstick is still a pig. Best to just admit the contract was a dumb move. It feels good to be honest.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So you are the arbiter of what’s BS? A pig with lipstick is still a pig. Best to just admit the contract was a dumb move. It feels good to be honest.
no it doesnt sounds like troll talk,,EE is signed and will be here at least 2 more years, no sense keep going back in time and whining about it WHININGJERRY..

Gurleys/Johnsons deal were bad..oft injured major inconsistencies, zekes healthy and contributing and still a factor where defenses have to account for him..its called being star..guess whos is the most sold jersey last year? yup 21 only top 10 DC player ..

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump
Or, maybe some of us aren't as down on Lewis/Awuzie/Brown as others are, and an elite WR prospect fell into Dallas' lap.

Javier

Reaction score
People who are a fan of a team drafting a slot WR in the 1st round when they have bums roaming all around in the secondary shows their more entertained with scoring, fantasy football points, and hearing the train horn.

Defense (especially one that doesn’t get cut through like Swiss cheese) is what helps get you over the hump

Ask the falcons how much drafting a dude like Ridley in the 1st round to form a trip with Julio Jones and Sanu helped them get over the hump

Who was your pick?

mmohican29

Reaction score
This ^^^

Lamb is a really good player. The issue is the Cooper signing. I wonder how people would feel if they tagged Cooper instead. Personally, I would like the pick better. That said they need too much on defense to have made that pick.

It seems like people are already forgetting we've made moves to shore up some the Defense's deficiencies already. Clinton Dix is not a "flyer". Canady has shown promise.

Let's take a closer look:

If Smith and Gregory get reinstated our D-Line instantly upgrades from last year's if it's not already. Who knows what either can bring to the table but it's not like Collins and Hyder were irreplaceable pieces. Especially with Poe and McCoy on board already.

As it is however- we have a great opportunity to field the most dangerous trio of WR's in the entirety of the NFL for at least 2 seasons (as Gallup's rookie contract will be up in 2
I think). This gives us more flexiblity down the road at that position.

We need a corner and safety no question. But we can compete with the big boys as it stands today because this offense will be lethal- no matter what happens today and tomorrow and our Defense has an opportunity today and tomorrow to vastly improve.

We are not far away. With the acquisition of CeeDee Lamb, I believe the Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC East by a wide margin TODAY.

starfan1

Reaction score
It seems like people are already forgetting we've made moves to shore up some the Defense's deficiencies already. Clinton Dix is not a "flyer". Canady has shown promise.

If Smith and Gregory get reinstated our D-Line instantly upgrades from last year's if it's not already. Who knows what either can bring to the table but it's not like Collins and Hyder were irreplaceable pieces. Especially with Poe and McCoy on board already.

As it is however- we have a great opportunity to field the most dangerous trio of WR's in the entirety of the NFL for at least 2 seasons (as Gallup's rookie contract will be up in 2

We need a corner and safety no question. But we can compete with the big boys as it stands today because this offense will be lethal- no matter what happens today and tomorrow and our Defense has an opportunity today and tomorrow to vastly improve.

We are not far away. With the acquisition of CeeDee Lamb, I believe the Cowboys are the team to beat in the NFC East by a wide margin TODAY.

No facts to be used here. we thrive on emotion mostly at the zone that SOP

jnday

Reaction score

This is an underhanded insult aimed at any fan that supported drafting a top tier talent over drafting a second tier talent out of need. In two years, the Cowboys can move on from Cooper with taking a salary cap hit. Lamb will be doing really well by that time. That $20 million dollars saved, can pay for several DBs. Another point, just what DB that was on the board at that time was worth the pick? Did you support using the 17th pick to draft a DB with a 2nd round rating? Is that good drafting? My last point is that WR was a need. Cobb left and Dallas was going to have to fill the position somehow. Dallas only had two decent WRs in the roster. The rest are scrubs. From the stats that I read this morning, 70% of the snaps was in formations that used a slot WR. Who was going to fill in on those plays? I can understand if you don’t like the pick, but underhanded insults towards those that disagree with you is not the way to approach your disapproval.

TheHerd

Reaction score
What also bothers me is the Zeke investment. Have get him the ball 25 times a game for that to make any sense.
I hate this line of thinking. He's signed, we don't have to justify his salary. At this point, whatever makes the offense the best it can be is the best use of the money we've already spent. I'm not even agreeing with signing Zeke for the deal they gave him, but there's no requirement to do anything just because of the contract. Score the most points we can, and that's the optimum use of the money.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
no it doesnt sounds like troll talk,,EE is signed and will be here at least 2 more years, no sense keep going back in time and whining about it WHININGJERRY..

Gurleys/Johnsons deal were bad..oft injured major inconsistencies, zekes healthy and contributing and still a factor where defenses have to account for him..its called being star..guess whos is the most sold jersey last year? yup 21 only top 10 DC player ..

Whining Jerry? Here I thought you were a decent guy. Name calling? That’s for kids. You a kid?

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It is the contract length for almost the whole secondary. There will be lots of new faces.

This is not really intended for you but why can’t people just agree to disagree. There are too many sensitive babies here. I don’t like the pick. Lots don’t. Get over it. Lamb is a really good player but I was hoping for defense. My opinion. If you disagree don’t be such tools about it

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You don't appear to understand the draft or understand the NFL in the modern era.

I don't know why you want to prove to everyone what you don't know.

FYI - Sanu played for the Patriots in 2019.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What also bothers me is the Zeke investment. Have get him the ball 25 times a game for that to make any sense.

Nope.
The threat posed by an offense with a very good running game is what changes the way defenses play.

Defensive Coordinators will commit resources as needed to stop the run at the expense of pass defense.

The easy example is that defenses will play 8 in the box vs a strong running team but only 7 in the box vs an offense that has a weaker running game.

If that defense is playing 8 in the box, it happens even on plays that Zeke does not touch the ball.

It's far more complex than 8 vs 7 in the box, but it's the same concept regardless of the specific things that defense change to improve their run defense.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I don't know how anyone could be upset with this pick. Those that are what player did the Cowboys pass on at 17 that would have made you happy? I honestly didn't want a receiever in the 1st round but the secondary options looked like a bunch of 2nd round players. Chaisson is a raw talent that is truly boom or bust. I would ne worried sbout drafting him. Once Kinlaw and Henderson were off the board, WR didn't feel like that bad of an option especially with Lamb.

As long as Cowboys address db or dline today I'm good. There are also still some attractive free agent options available at CB and dline that could help the team. Situation isn't all that dire.