Different kind of Dak thread

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much of his completion percentage required acrobatic circus catches from the WR and TE's?
And.....3yd. completions o 3rd and 7? 2 yd toss to CeeDee which he breaks for 30? The guy can throw 5 completions on a drive but if #6 goes off target you can flush the entire drive.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
all QB's miss passes you get thats why they use comp% ....on 5 passes it doesnt work well.... on 1000+ well then now your saying he is the luckiest QB ever..is that what your saying?
I'm sorry, the Dak love is too strong. We'll see how it works out. Obviously something is wrong, or Dak would be celebrating his contract by now aye?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm sorry, the Dak love is too strong. We'll see how it works out. Obviously something is wrong, or Dak would be celebrating his contract by now aye?
No because he needs to perform in the playoffs...again I'm all for calling players out for what they are not doing but saying Dak is inaccurate or throws only short passes is false...saying he fails in the playoffs, well that is a factual statement..and not soley a Dak problem on this team. Your "Dak love" or "Dak stans" or whatever redirect from facts you guys like to use doesn't phase me because I'm a Cowboys fan and the facts are facts..we have good players, these good players have not shown up in the playoffs for 28 years thats plenty enough reason to have a problem with them..no need to make things up.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No because he needs to perform in the playoffs...again I'm all for calling players out for what they are not doing but saying Dak is inaccurate or throws only short passes is false...saying he fails in the playoffs, well that is a factual statement..and not soley a Dak problem on this team.
Never said he only throws short passes. I said too many times on 3rd and long he leaves a tight read and dumps it off.
it's not just playoffs, it's every tough defense he faces. There's a reason why WRs like Cooper and CeeDee get ticked off, they are open, but no ball.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Who has said the Team would collapse without Dak?
Didn't @Rockport create a thread saying it could take 10-15 years to win again? That would seem to fit the bill.

I think some folks are picking apart @Verdict post word by word rather than the overall message that no one, not even Dak's biggest fans should be unable to understand why the majority are ready to move on.

Maybe no on has said give him whatever he wants but plenty have said you sign him to the next record QB contract just because he's next in line. That also indicates a multiyear commitment to the player wherein the organization would again be unable to move on without severe penalties.

That's what @Verdict was saying IMO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Right. See the Raiders. Carr isn’t great, but he isn’t awful either. Now they are searching for another QB year after year.
It’s a sad cycle for a team to be in but we see it a lot. I knew Jimmy G wouldn’t pan out. It’s very difficult finding a franchise QB but good luck convincing some fans of that.

Mikexike

Reaction score
3 Different Dak fans

1) He's Good enough, Bad team and F.O can't help him.
What good is keeping him if you can't trust the F.O to build a team?
2) Extend him, No one is gonna match his QB play. Too much risk in finding a new QB.
What good is extending him if he has done the same thing? Scared of change?
3) See all his flaws year after year with no improvement. Time to Move on for good or worse. Don't care who is back there. Need a new Driver at all cost.
This is me^^^^

Thats all folks.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I have been thinking about the Dak divide of this fan base. I have referred to it in other threads. But one thing I notice that really hasn’t been discussed with any sort of depth is the analysis of the schools of thought regarding the various positions.

For instance you have the pro-Dak, anti Dak’s and those in between. Obviously there is evidence to support the anti-Dak crowd’s position. And it rationally follows that there is a reasonable basis for those that are somewhere in between.

But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

I’m not trying to insult posters with that viewpoint. What makes the pro-Dak crowd ignore what most people consider relevant facts to come to their conclusions. It seems like these posters are the most entrenched in vitriol towards other posters as well?

What makes people be so hateful over discussions on a message board? It is as if someone else’s opinion amounts to an attack on the player directly, or a direct affront to the pro-Dak crowd.

I’m not saying that people are not entitled to their opinions one way or the other. That’s what makes this place great. I just marvel at the lack of civility here at times over simple discussion.

To be clear, I am not saying the anti-Dak crowd is right and the pro-Dak crowd is wrong (and I really don’t have a dog in this fight) but it’s hard for me to fathom that the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least understand why the pro-Dak crowd can’t at least see why the anti-Dak crowd has soured on Dak.

I think most of the anti-Dak crowd understands and acknowledges that Dak has some positive traits and has done some good things but have, for various reasons, come to the conclusion that Dak isn’t the guy from their point of view.

It would be nice if this topic can be discussed here calmly and rationally without this thread devolving into chaos and vitriol. Thanks in advance.
This is the most contradictory post I’ve ever seen. You titled it “A different type of Dak thread” and then you go on insulting anyone who supports Dak. And the lies. No one wants the team to sign Dak no matter what it costs. No one. And then this:

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?

It’s the same ole Dak hate you’ve been spewing for years. :facepalm:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest, I have only skimmed through the thread but what I have read leads me to the conclusion this was not a different kind of Dak thread. :(
It never is.

No reading necessary. Just look to the left there, see the user names. Know what's been said.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone who thinks we should sign him for "Whatever" he wants. There are thos who blame him for everything then those who blame him for very little and then the rest of us who blame Jerry and are fine with him stying or going because Jerry is not changing..have not seen the ones saying "Sign him for whatever he wants".
I don't know about on this potential upcoming contract, but there were definitely a few who said they wanted to see Dak get as much as possible on the last contract, just to spite his critics. Those people by definition are Dak over Cowboys fans.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
"get that money boi" "a player can only play for so long, so get that money playboi"