Different kind of Dak thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You "THINK", there are Dak Haters. You've just combined every 'fan' that's suggested moving on from Dak as a Hater.....that's a Binary opinion. A fair number agree that Dak is a very good QB, however, the repeated play-off performances where his composure falters (unlike less pressured regular season games) strongly indicates that his inner psyche/anxiety is going to be a barrier, regardless of how the team is built around him.
Why can't you talk like a normal person? I didn't say I "think". I'm stating facts not opinions so get off that idea. Dak is a very good QB so of course I'm going to call those that oppose him being our QB1 a hater. There is nothing wrong with what I said... unless you are also a hater.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Why can't you talk like a normal person? I didn't say I "think". I'm stating facts not opinions so get off that idea. Dak is a very good QB so of course I'm going to call those that oppose him being our QB1 a hater. There is nothing wrong with what I said... unless you are also a hater.
So your definition of HATER, by your own admission, is someone that 'opposes him being our QB1'. What do you mean by 'opposes him', because even the most ardent Dak fans are suggesting we move on if he's seeking a near market setting contract.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, .............:banghead:
To be fair to @Verdict 's OP, I take this thread as a question as to why Dak Fans would justify/argue for "Dak re-signing for essentially whatever he wants".

All we've really had back is: You're Dak Haters, You're a Romo Fan, We'll be in QB Hell (ignoring the fact that for the 15 years we've had settled QB's obtained as a UDFA and 4th Rd).

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So your definition of HATER, by your own admission, is someone that 'opposes him being our QB1'. What do you mean by 'opposes him', because even the most ardent Dak fans are suggesting we move on if he's seeking a near market setting contract.
If a fan suggests we move on from Dak, they aren't a Dak fan. Dak deserves to get paid and the FO has his pay day earmarked. Get over it.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
But what I have a harder time understanding are the die hard Dak proponents that want Dak re-signed for essentially whatever he wants. There is obviously no merit to a point of view that refuses to acknowledge that at times Dak has played pretty poorly, especially big/important/playoff games. I don’t see how anyone could allege the contrary with a straight face.

They act like the entire Cowboys organization would cease to exist if Dak isn’t signed at whatever cost it takes. How does a person come to such a conclusion? Blind fandom? Fourteen years old with a complete lack of objectivity? A lack of understanding of the salary cap? Inability to reason?
Two things.
Some people think the cap is a myth.
Some people don't care beyond the current year.

Unsurprisingly, there is a lot of overlap between these two groups.
If you have that kind of perspective, then you end up wanting to keep most everyone. "Pay Da Man!". Or at least keep them until you have a *better* replacement.
There was a thread pushing exactly this outlook on Dak a few weeks ago. Keep Dak until we have someone on the roster who is a *better* QB.
Well, that's not gonna happen. I argued that this is clearly the wrong test.
A more reasonable test is to keep Dak until we have a better *value* QB on the roster.
Even that is too restrictive, but it's a much better criteria for improving the team in a capped league.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Im willing to bet...he is still actually here.
Eh I’m not so sure I think he could’ve been prema banned for it. Especially if there could’ve been any hint of a legal entanglement from the forum owners perspective. There are things you can tolerate, but hunting down a fellow forum member is one they probably don’t tolerate.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Eh I’m not so sure I think he could’ve been prema banned for it. Especially if there could’ve been any hint of a legal entanglement from the forum owners perspective. There are things you can tolerate, but hunting down a fellow forum member is one they probably don’t tolerate.
And what he said, he can be prosecuted for that. Some law about that even on the internet.

Verdict

Reaction score
Two things.

If you have that kind of perspective, then you end up wanting to keep most everyone. "Pay Da Man!". Or at least keep them until you have a *better* replacement.
There was a thread pushing exactly this outlook on Dak a few weeks ago. Keep Dak until we have someone on the roster who is a *better* QB.
A more reasonable test is to keep Dak until we have a better *value* QB on the roster.
Even that is too restrictive, but it's a much better criteria for improving the team in a capped league.
Great post.

kskboys

Reaction score
Two things.

Excellent post!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
That's just not very intelligent.

kskboys

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the GINeric guy that boasted that he showed up at a posters house the posts here and went to his house and scared him to fight? That dude is off his rocker. Have not seen him since.
Really? Just some advice, prolly better to not show up at one of us redneck's houses. That would not end well.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Two things.

Excellent 'Two like' post. For me i'd add that our immediate focus should be on an O-Line, which will aid 'any' QB, the 'true' stretegic point to Moneyball, creating the sum via it's parts, not thr from individual.....after all where would Dak be now if he wasnt introduced to the NFL behind the 2016 O-Line (and supported by Zeke behind him).